How quickly things changes.....

AnthonyF

redeemed by a great 20 minute stretch. Again I want to see a full 60 minutes (yea I know he was amazing vs. SD as is everyone). Very encouraging but I hope it continues.

BTW the first 25 minutes, the pass to Royal was just a replay of the Cleveland game if not worse. Wish someone knew what happened all of a sudden at the 5:00 minute make of the second quarter when he hit Evans on the bomb.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redeemed by a great 20 minute stretch. Again I want to see a full 60 minutes (yea I know he was amazing vs. SD as is everyone). Very encouraging but I hope it continues.

BTW the first 25 minutes, the pass to Royal was just a replay of the Cleveland game if not worse. Wish someone knew what happened all of a sudden at the 5:00 minute make of the second quarter when he hit Evans on the bomb.

I think one of two things are pretty obvious.

Either Edwards realized what he was being called mean nasty names for his recent play and he decided that he was gonna show everyone...passes to Evans, TD runs, runs for 1st down etc.

or

Schonert or someone else on the staff read him the riot act and explained in no uncertain terms that he was not playing like an NFL QB.

Hopefully he manages to hang on to his balls, but we'll see. It was the Chiefs afterall.

I would like to see a replay of the pass to Royal.

Look, Trent gets a certain amount of blame for sure, but from where I sat, Royal was stumling around like a drunk at a saloon in an old western movie.

Certainly, a select few here want to blame not just that pass, but every mistake the Bills make on Trent, for strange but obvious reasons. Far be it from me to stand in your way. :o;)

Look, Trent gets a certain amount of blame for sure, but from where I sat, Royal was stumling around like a drunk at a saloon in an old western movie.

Certainly, a select few here want to blame not just that pass, but every mistake the Bills make on Trent, for strange but obvious reasons. Far be it from me to stand in your way. :o;)

It did look like like RR stopped and turned to soon, and then was unable to adjust to the throw.

The pass was too high but Royal didn't seem to make any effort at all to go for the ball. Whether that was because he had no chance of getting it or it was just another of his all too frequent gaffes, I don't know.

He completely blew the pass to Royal. The reason Royal looked like a drunk was because the ball went to his outside shoulder when Royal was prepared for it to go to the inside. You saw him twist his bulky body trying to make a play which, inside or out, was way overthrown anyway. Particularly for a dude who was completely...and I mean COMPLETELY wide open.

Otherwise, if you think people are pinning everything on Trent, it's probably because the precedent has been set in stone to pin everything on the QB when the team loses.

Again I want to see a full 60 minutes (yea I know he was amazing vs. SD as is everyone).

Very rarely will you see a full 60 minutes out of any NFL QB. Brady, both Mannings, Big Ben, Warner, Montana, Marino, Elway, Unitas, yes even Jimbo rarely played a perfect 60 minutes

Come on Bill, you can't have it both ways. What you say is obviously right but this is not the tone you took with Losman where you blamed everything on the guy. Right now you sound EXACTLY like many people who defended JP when the hoards were wanting to blame him for everything.

As far as the Royal throw - is was a horrible throw, just pathetic. The reason Royal was stumbling around is because Edwards threw the ball to the inside instead of the outside and he was trying to turn around while running while stretching up and reach for a ball that was 10 feet over his head.

Come on Bill, you can't have it both ways. What you say is obviously right but this is not the tone you took with Losman where you blamed everything on the guy. Right now you sound EXACTLY like many people who defended JP when the hoards were wanting to blame him for everything.

As far as the Royal throw - is was a horrible throw, just pathetic. The reason Royal was stumbling around is because Edwards threw the ball to the inside instead of the outside and he was trying to turn around while running while stretching up and reach for a ball that was 10 feet over his head.

I didn't excuse Trent. He did have a month to make the pass and Royal was alone, but when they showed the replay, it appeared that Royal never did have his footing, something that would be of little surprise to me.

Put it this way.....I would like to see another replay.

The Bills just beat the worst team in the league! This changes nothing. Dick beats bad teams to keep his job and can't hang with contenders.

Sometimes I think perhaps the Bills as a team just can't hang with contenders.

Then I remember the only guy we're allowed to blame is the head coach.

I didn't excuse Trent. He did have a month to make the pass and Royal was alone, but when they showed the replay, it appeared that Royal never did have his footing, something that would be of little surprise to me.

Footing or not, it was a garbage pass that sailed 10 feet over royal's head. Jerry Rice could have been out there in royal's place and the ball still would have been incomplete, because the throw was that terrible.

Very rarely will you see a full 60 minutes out of any NFL QB. Brady, both Mannings, Big Ben, Warner, Montana, Marino, Elway, Unitas, yes even Jimbo rarely played a perfect 60 minutes

But this is what we are getting from Edwards.... Bad play in our wins for long periods vs. Seattle, Oakland, Jax, St. Louis, KC and bad play vs. Clev, Miami, NYJ & NE.

60 minutes is not too much to ask for 4-5 times per year.....

The impatience with a promising young quarterback is disgusting. If the coaches took advice from the folks at this board, Eli Manning would have been benched for Rob Johnson.

They seemed pretty impatient with JP I'd say. Where would the Bills be now if Wilfork didn't cheap shot JP? Not meant as a pro JP post, but just a response.

Right. Because Bill from NYC never blamed any of our problems on the offensive line. He always said, "use your highest draft picks on QBs, and all your problems will be solved. Do not address the offensive or defensive lines early in the draft, because this team has no problems other than Losman." <_<

There's not really any excuse for that pass. It was way high, plus on the opposite side of Royal.

Certainly, a select few here want to blame not just that pass, but every mistake the Bills make on Trent, for strange but obvious reasons. Far be it from me to stand in your way. <_<:oops:

I didn't get to see the game so I am just asking if Trent's horribly crappy pass could have been JP's fault. Has anyone considered that?