A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Amen Bill, the fans needed this, our backer's bar today dropped from 50 to about 20, the remaining fans were a bunch of the crusty, cynical and angry type, even though Buffalo scored 54 today, NOTHING was good enough and my wife didn't get it. All I could say was "Honey, you haven't been a fan long enough to understand this bitterness, we got sucked in after the 4-0 start". BTW I'm still pounding the booze, nice win today :lol:

Posts like this are part of the reason I will be a Bills fan until I am dead.

Thanks for this! <_<:flirt::lol::devil:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stat wise compared to other seasons-Royal is having a better season then he has had in the past

Royal is having his best season, I admit. Is his best enough that we don't shop for a TE this year? I think FA (one of 3 brought in) and/or Round 1-3.

Agree on #8. Trent was still running the ball and taking a hit well after it was over. Admire the intensity. My guess is that Jauron and JP can't stand each other. He won't put him in a game when Trent is struggling badly or when it's a blowout.
When Jauron goes classless and puts JP in to take a knee you know there's no love lost. Trent couldn't have taken the knee, it was his game and it wasn't like the 100 KC fans left were going to cheer Trents performance by coming out of the game, so there was no need to put JP in, only to rub his face in his postion on the team, a farewell gift if you will by the classless Jauron

When Jauron goes classless and puts JP in to take a knee you know there's no love lost. Trent couldn't have taken the knee, it was his game and it wasn't like the 100 KC fans left were going to cheer Trents performance by coming out of the game, so there was no need to put JP in, only to rub his face in his postion on the team, a farewell gift if you will by the classless Jauron

He could have put him in early in the 4th quarter and gotten him some reps at game speed. That might help him in the event he's needed down the road. You could also make the case that Trent needs those same reps. There were other backups that could have played as well at the same time.

Royal is having his best season, I admit. Is his best enough that we don't shop for a TE this year? I think FA (one of 3 brought in) and/or Round 1-3.

Heck with TE, this team needs a real Defensive End or two, a Center, and a LB. and I know I'm asking for a lot.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Great to see lee Evans involved in the game today. Perhaps Fine might even develop into a weapon.

2) The OL was superb. Butler still looks hurt, but the kid is out there playing his ass off. Peters? He is back in pro bowl form.

3) Herm Edwards is a gentleman, but he put on a clinic today for bad coaching. Thanks Herm, for perhaps turning the Bills season around!

4) When Kelsay is engaged by a blocker, time seems to stand still. This is not to upstage his knack for biting on all misdirection plays, and running full tilt away from the football. Still, even he mad a couple of tackles today. Nice!

5) On the kickoff after the Bills td in the 1st quarter, Wendling hit the kick returner out of bounds. Dockery jumped offsides on the first play from scrimage. Sure....a win is a win, but they are going to have to be more prepared to beat better teams. Jauron, are you watching this stuff?

6) Trent was horrisd the last few weeks. Today, he was excellent. We can only hope that he continues to improve. Count me as one who still thinks that he can be a top 10 QB in this league. In fact, I expect this and more.

7) Please refresh my memory. Of all the 1st round defensive backs that we have chased throughout the years, did any of them ever take over a game the way McKelvin did today? Way to play kid!!!!! :devil:

8) This week, they SHOULD have pulled Trent early in the 4th quarter. I am being serious. JP has to be rusty. Why not give him some snaps just in case of injury? Wtf?

9) Way to play Marshawn! The 07 draft was looking good today!!! You too Freddie!

10) I never pay much attention to announcers, but Wilcotts said that Robert Royal is having a great season. He then went on to praise Denney and Kelsay. Hello? :flirt:

11) Again, a win is a win, but the Bills were tossing away timeouts as if they were used condoms. Jauron drives me freaking crazy.

12) Nobody deserved this win more than Bills Fans. Not the players, the coaches.....nobody.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, as usual, you are mostly dead on, but the couple plays Kelsay made pailed in comparison to the gapping holes he leaves and got burned because of. Kelsay is a huge disappointment and he's the first DE we need to shed. We really need a stud at DE, badly, and I actually like Denney, but only in a backup role. Shoebel? His injury has hurt us, but he is still playing way too light.

When Solomon spoke of the great season Royal was having, I darned near choked.

Very good overall analysis....

I TOTALLY agree with you. Peters was sub-par today, just like every game he has played in this season. Time to let his azz go. Him and Afinogenov should be having their last season on B-Lo. :devil:

Peters was once again dominant today - as he has been the past month. He's a stud bull in run blocking and pass blocking. Someone needs to open their eyes and stop holding grudges because you didn't like the guy's holdout.

Peters was once again dominant today - as he has been the past month. He's a bull stud in run blocking and pass blocking. Someone needs to open their eyes and stop holding grudges because you don't like the guy's holdout.

Nothing to do with the holdout. It has to do with the steady stream of inopportune penalties and the safety allowed a couple games ago. Today was no exception. At times he did what he is paid to do, WOOHOO! For the most part with SUB-PAR. :devil:

Nothing to do with the holdout. It has to do with the steady stream of inopportune penalties and the safety allowed a couple games ago. Today was no exception. At times he did what he is paid to do, WOOHOO! For the most part with SUB-PAR. :devil:

With the exception of the drive where he had two penalties (which ended in a TD btw) show me where he was "sub par" today. Was it in giving large holes for Lynch and Jackson to run through or loads of time for Edwards to find a WR? Just point point out where "for the most part" he was sub par. I'll save you the time - he wasn't. He looked like an All Pro out there today just like he has the past few weeks. I'll give you that he was very rusty for the first 5-6 games but he has been sensational during the past month.

I thought I seen some misdirection plays today that I have not seen at all this year. Run game is better.

You have to wonder how much Trent counts on Reed. Parrish is not an NFL wide receiver. If (big if) he catches the ball he gets knocked down immediately and he is prone to be stripped like he was today. Great punt returner but not an NFL receiver.

With the exception of the drive where he had two penalties (which ended in a TD btw) show me where he was "sub par" today. Was it in giving large holes for Lynch and Jackson to run through or loads of time for Edwards to find a WR? Just point point out where "for the most part" he was sub par. I'll save you the time - he wasn't. He looked like an All Pro out there today just like he has the past few weeks. I'll give you that he was very rusty for the first 5-6 games but he has been sensational during the past month.

MDH, I have absolutely no idea how anybody could disagree with one word of the above.

1) Great to see lee Evans involved in the game today. Perhaps Fine might even develop into a weapon.

2) The OL was superb. Butler still looks hurt, but the kid is out there playing his ass off. Peters? He is back in pro bowl form.

3) Herm Edwards is a gentleman, but he put on a clinic today for bad coaching. Thanks Herm, for perhaps turning the Bills season around!

4) When Kelsay is engaged by a blocker, time seems to stand still. This is not to upstage his knack for biting on all misdirection plays, and running full tilt away from the football. Still, even he mad a couple of tackles today. Nice!

5) On the kickoff after the Bills td in the 1st quarter, Wendling hit the kick returner out of bounds. Dockery jumped offsides on the first play from scrimage. Sure....a win is a win, but they are going to have to be more prepared to beat better teams. Jauron, are you watching this stuff?

6) Trent was horrisd the last few weeks. Today, he was excellent. We can only hope that he continues to improve. Count me as one who still thinks that he can be a top 10 QB in this league. In fact, I expect this and more.

7) Please refresh my memory. Of all the 1st round defensive backs that we have chased throughout the years, did any of them ever take over a game the way McKelvin did today? Way to play kid!!!!! :devil:

8) This week, they SHOULD have pulled Trent early in the 4th quarter. I am being serious. JP has to be rusty. Why not give him some snaps just in case of injury? Wtf?

9) Way to play Marshawn! The 07 draft was looking good today!!! You too Freddie!

10) I never pay much attention to announcers, but Wilcotts said that Robert Royal is having a great season. He then went on to praise Denney and Kelsay. Hello? :flirt:

11) Again, a win is a win, but the Bills were tossing away timeouts as if they were used condoms. Jauron drives me freaking crazy.

12) Nobody deserved this win more than Bills Fans. Not the players, the coaches.....nobody.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get too excited Bill. Kansas City showed why they one of the worst teams in the league this year. It makes me sick to think of how the bills pissed away wins this year. They should be at worst 8-3 right now. Oh well, Edwards looked good.

Their play calling in last few minutes was again horrid, just like last week. At the 30 they should have tried 47 yard FG, to both show a sign of confidence in Lindall and also a missed FG is essentially the same thing as turning it over on 4 downs. If not the FG, then a punt out of bounds would have been acceptable. But in no case was conceding it on downs the right call. And what happens next? Chiefs score a quick TD and keep themselves in the game.

After the final drive debacle against Cleveland last week I am convinced Jauron & Co just don't have a clue in the last few minutes of a ballgame. Mark my words it will be the noted as the official end of this team.

You say all pro, I say he was average and did what he was paid to do . If he is all pro then our entire O line is headed to Hawaii in the post season. Didn't say he sucked, said he was sub-par, or below all pro standards.