A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Their play calling in last few minutes was again horrid, just like last week. At the 30 they should have tried 47 yard FG, to both show a sign of confidence in Lindall and also a missed FG is essentially the same thing as turning it over on 4 downs. If not the FG, then a punt out of bounds would have been acceptable. But in no case was conceding it on downs the right call. And what happens next? Chiefs score a quick TD and keep themselves in the game.

After the final drive debacle against Cleveland last week I am convinced Jauron & Co just don't have a clue in the last few minutes of a ballgame. Mark my words it will be the noted as the official end of this team.

I agree that the Bills coaches are for the most part mediocre, especially Jauron who seems to get outcoached very frequently, but what in the hell are you talking about here? The Chiefs last TD came with under 3 minutes to play and cut the Bills lead to 23. And you perceive this as "keeping them in the game"?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Bills coaches are for the most part mediocre, especially Jauron who seems to get outcoached very frequently, but what in the hell are you talking about here? The Chiefs last TD came with under 3 minutes to play and cut the Bills lead to 23. And you perceive this as "keeping them in the game"?

couple of successful onside kicks and you never know

you are way way way in love with the fat kids bill. peters was bad today, his penalties were horrible and he got bailed out.

sure he blocked well at times, but it's against the chiefs who are terrible. he has had a bad season and you are way to negative on a db when they don't get picks, ignoring everything else they do, and way to praising of the OL.

Some of you don't have any knowledge of the game! Just because you want to bash a player for holding out doesn't mean you have to point out EVERY mistake they make! And just because they make a MISTAKE or TWO, it doesn't equal a BAD game! As long as the man Jason or any other lineman is blocking name isn't making any plays, not sniffing the QB or blowing up RBs in the backfield then I'll take TWO penalties anyday!

With the exception of the drive where he had two penalties (which ended in a TD btw) show me where he was "sub par" today. Was it in giving large holes for Lynch and Jackson to run through or loads of time for Edwards to find a WR? Just point point out where "for the most part" he was sub par. I'll save you the time - he wasn't. He looked like an All Pro out there today just like he has the past few weeks. I'll give you that he was very rusty for the first 5-6 games but he has been sensational during the past month.

Some guys just don't understand the game so save your breath! If you want to know what bad O-line play looks like, check Bills highlights BEFORE Peters was inserted at LT!

Some of you don't have any knowledge of the game! Just because you want to bash a player for holding out doesn't mean you have to point out EVERY mistake they make! And just because they make a MISTAKE or TWO, it doesn't equal a BAD game! As long as the man Jason or any other lineman is blocking name isn't making any plays, not sniffing the QB or blowing up RBs in the backfield then I'll take TWO penalties anyday!

garbage. he did his job for the most part, but had 3 garbage penalties. that's way too many. he blocked a HORRIBLE KC d line, on pace for THE FEWEST SACKS IN NFL HISTORY. our whole line run blocked well, especially the interior.

he "dominated" a guy who wouldn't start for half the nfl. he IS NOT a probowl tackle, not close.

i just get sick of the posters who ball wash every fat ass with some positive press, but basically say that corners, safties, and wide outs as positions aren't important.

garbage. he did his job for the most part, but had 3 garbage penalties. that's way too many. he blocked a HORRIBLE KC d line, on pace for THE FEWEST SACKS IN NFL HISTORY. our whole line run blocked well, especially the interior.

he "dominated" a guy who wouldn't start for half the nfl. he IS NOT a probowl tackle, not close.

i just get sick of the posters who ball wash every fat ass with some positive press, but basically say that corners, safties, and wide outs as positions aren't important.

Thank you. I agree. Give the Governor a harumpf!

He's made a pro-bowl. This doesn't mean that he is all world.....or that he is one of the best......but it probably does mean that he is one of the better LTs in the league(certainly above an average LT).

Why does everything have to be so polarised?

I TOTALLY agree with you. Peters was sub-par today, just like every game he has played in this season. Time to let his azz go. Him and Afinogenov should be having their last season on B-Lo. :rolleyes:

you guys SERIOUSLY have to be kidding. It's not as embarrassing as you may think to really not know what you are seeing on the filed in terms of blocking. Even the best analysts have to know the scheme for each play before they really know, but Peters did infact have a VERY good game today, and especially last week.

Bill, your point on Kelsay was so true! I was screaming at the tube as he let that long gainer go by on the cutback.

you guys SERIOUSLY have to be kidding. It's not as embarrassing as you may think to really not know what you are seeing on the filed in terms of blocking. Even the best analysts have to know the scheme for each play before they really know, but Peters did infact have a VERY good game today, and especially last week.

Bill, your point on Kelsay was so true! I was screaming at the tube as he let that long gainer go by on the cutback.

It is so sad to listen to the lack of real football knowledge on these boards! They need to tape the game and review the tape as unlike not being able to tell whether receivers are open downfield based on TV camera views you can watch the O-line ALL GAME LONG! Some would actually go as far and say that Peters is the weak link on the line, needs to be replaced, put in Chambers, etc. Even after a slow start he is still one of the top 5 LT's in the game! Like I posted earlier: until he is getting CONSISTENTLY beat and HIS man is either sacking or knocking the QB to the ground without giving the QB REASONABLE time in the pocket or is blasting RB's in the backfield then he is getting the job done AND MORE!

He's made a pro-bowl. This doesn't mean that he is all world.....or that he is one of the best......but it probably does mean that he is one of the better LTs in the league(certainly above an average LT).

Why does everything have to be so polarised?

because guys are on his bag and it gets under my skin (although it prolly shouldn't).

he was a probowler last year, he is just a guy this year. maybe above average, but nothing special. MILES from "WE MUST SIGN HIM, HE IZ TEH BESTEST PLAYA EVAH!" that the posters who want to kill themselves when a db gets added to roster write.

and yeah, it mainly is cuz of the hold out. fat sack hurt the team asking for money he does not deserve.

Chambers played RG for Butler after Butler left the field, sometime in the second quater I believe??? They never showed replays of Peters penalties, but I didnt see anything, even on his "false start" which apparently I missed? Trent to me played pretty much the same as he has the last few weeks untill the game was blown open. The real difference was the playcalling and gameplan. We would have won all of our divisional games with that gameplan. Yea its the Chiefs, but play action works. Being under center on short yardage works. At least the coaches can figure it out after 5 weeks. We opened ut up with some deep passes too. Edwards should be back with this type of play calling, now stick with it and win some more games. O yea and can we cut Kelsay yet?

because guys are on his bag and it gets under my skin (although it prolly shouldn't).

he was a probowler last year, he is just a guy this year. maybe above average, but nothing special. MILES from "WE MUST SIGN HIM, HE IZ TEH BESTEST PLAYA EVAH!" that the posters who want to kill themselves when a db gets added to roster write.

and yeah, it mainly is cuz of the hold out. fat sack hurt the team asking for money he does not deserve.

Not that our thoughts/opinions can effect the team but.....

You probably shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of what is actually good for the team. Peters was awful(for want of a better word) after his holdout. He has however improved.....and improved greatly since then. By years end there is no reason to think that he won't be at the same level(or better) than last season......where he was a top LT.

Very good LTs are very hard to find.....and are also very sought after. Even though his holdout hurt the team, if we have a very good LT on the roster it would probably behoove us to re-sign him during the next off-season in order to lock up such an important position for the next 7 years.

Mckelvin is turning into a stud. He was responsible for 1 td and had his hand in 2 more. Lets hope he keeps it up. :rolleyes:

What would have happened if he played for McGee against Miami? Not putting Leodis in in favor of a guy not yet recovered from a knee sprain further makes me question the staff's competence.

1) Great to see lee Evans involved in the game today. Perhaps Fine might even develop into a weapon.

2) The OL was superb. Butler still looks hurt, but the kid is out there playing his ass off. Peters? He is back in pro bowl form.

3) Herm Edwards is a gentleman, but he put on a clinic today for bad coaching. Thanks Herm, for perhaps turning the Bills season around!

4) When Kelsay is engaged by a blocker, time seems to stand still. This is not to upstage his knack for biting on all misdirection plays, and running full tilt away from the football. Still, even he mad a couple of tackles today. Nice!

5) On the kickoff after the Bills td in the 1st quarter, Wendling hit the kick returner out of bounds. Dockery jumped offsides on the first play from scrimage. Sure....a win is a win, but they are going to have to be more prepared to beat better teams. Jauron, are you watching this stuff?

6) Trent was horrisd the last few weeks. Today, he was excellent. We can only hope that he continues to improve. Count me as one who still thinks that he can be a top 10 QB in this league. In fact, I expect this and more.

7) Please refresh my memory. Of all the 1st round defensive backs that we have chased throughout the years, did any of them ever take over a game the way McKelvin did today? Way to play kid!!!!! :rolleyes:

8) This week, they SHOULD have pulled Trent early in the 4th quarter. I am being serious. JP has to be rusty. Why not give him some snaps just in case of injury? Wtf?

9) Way to play Marshawn! The 07 draft was looking good today!!! You too Freddie!

10) I never pay much attention to announcers, but Wilcotts said that Robert Royal is having a great season. He then went on to praise Denney and Kelsay. Hello? <_<

11) Again, a win is a win, but the Bills were tossing away timeouts as if they were used condoms. Jauron drives me freaking crazy.

12) Nobody deserved this win more than Bills Fans. Not the players, the coaches.....nobody.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, I was waiting for you post and insight last week but didn't see it. Maybe I missed it. Another good post. #7, it is clear the McKelvin has the chance to be a really good player in the NFL. #8 is an excellent point. I was worried a couple of times when Edwards scrambled for those first downs or extra yards when we had a big lead.

1) Great to see lee Evans involved in the game today. Perhaps Fine might even develop into a weapon.

2) The OL was superb. Butler still looks hurt, but the kid is out there playing his ass off. Peters? He is back in pro bowl form.

3) Herm Edwards is a gentleman, but he put on a clinic today for bad coaching. Thanks Herm, for perhaps turning the Bills season around!

4) When Kelsay is engaged by a blocker, time seems to stand still. This is not to upstage his knack for biting on all misdirection plays, and running full tilt away from the football. Still, even he mad a couple of tackles today. Nice!

5) On the kickoff after the Bills td in the 1st quarter, Wendling hit the kick returner out of bounds. Dockery jumped offsides on the first play from scrimage. Sure....a win is a win, but they are going to have to be more prepared to beat better teams. Jauron, are you watching this stuff?

6) Trent was horrisd the last few weeks. Today, he was excellent. We can only hope that he continues to improve. Count me as one who still thinks that he can be a top 10 QB in this league. In fact, I expect this and more.

7) Please refresh my memory. Of all the 1st round defensive backs that we have chased throughout the years, did any of them ever take over a game the way McKelvin did today? Way to play kid!!!!! :rolleyes:

8) This week, they SHOULD have pulled Trent early in the 4th quarter. I am being serious. JP has to be rusty. Why not give him some snaps just in case of injury? Wtf?

9) Way to play Marshawn! The 07 draft was looking good today!!! You too Freddie!

10) I never pay much attention to announcers, but Wilcotts said that Robert Royal is having a great season. He then went on to praise Denney and Kelsay. Hello? <_<

11) Again, a win is a win, but the Bills were tossing away timeouts as if they were used condoms. Jauron drives me freaking crazy.

12) Nobody deserved this win more than Bills Fans. Not the players, the coaches.....nobody.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good summary, Bill. I've been pleasantly surprised by Fine thus far this year. As the Bills clearly have more significant needs elsewhere, they may be served by not drafting a TE early in 2009.

As for Edwards, it was nice to see him get his confidence back. There were still some flaws he needs to correct, but for the most part he played a very solid football game. Any time your team puts up 54 points--even with the help of a few turnovers, and even against a flawed defense--you have to feel good about the way your quarterback played. A few more weeks like this, and he'll have done a lot to put those previous several games behind him.

Over the last two weeks, I've had a hard time believing what my own two eyes told me was true. We've had an offensive line recently! There's been pass protection. There's been (gasp!) run blocking. I don't understand the reasons for this sudden, dramatic improvement, but I'll happily take it! <_< Other than at center, this team may be able to use its early picks on non-OL positions. The DL comes to mind as an obvious area of need.