Shocked no one talking about...

Alphadawg7

That was NOT an easy catch...Neither was the one Ko dropped...But that's exactly what happens to The Bills...It's always so close but rarely enough...

Plus...Leodis played his best all-around Game as a Pro yet...His coverage was better than it's been and his Returns...well...With the Field position he gave the Offense, plus the TD I don't know what more the Kid could have done...Plus when they were kicking away from Him Freddie was getting the Ball up past the 40...

How can you point the finger at McLovin this Game? No freaking way... :wallbash:

I'd go a step further and say that if it weren't for Lynch having a huge game, he would have been the best player on our team last night. The guy covered pretty well. I can't knock a guy for missing that pick either - it was a hell of a play to just get in front of it. And that kick return, had they won, would have been considered the turning point in the game. Talk about timing. This could have been his turn-the-corner game a la Revis about mid-way through last year.

I read some one's rant today (can't remember where) about how the Bills have no great players, just a bunch of above average to average guys. The point was that those great players are the ones that the team leans on to make a big play at a crucial time to take over a game. I think it's pretty clear that the Bills don't have that guy (or at least a guy who is ready to be that guy) on the team, but I think that could be Leodis. He just seems to be invloved with the game.

That was not an easy interception. He was one of the individuals last night on our team that made a huge difference in keeping us in the game. He is clearly showing signs of being a very good first round draft pick.

I hate that answer you just wrote..."he was one of the reasons we were in the game"...

People always justify mistakes by other plays they may have made as if the mistakes are ok...clearly my view of the pick was an easier catch then everyones view on it...but to be honest, I think that has a lot to do with the fact he returned the kick for a TD than it does with the diffculty of the catch.

You have to make plays in the NFL...bottom line...he failed to make the play and catch a ball that hit him in the hands with no deflections...I expect a high paid first round pick to make that play. As a result of that, we lost the game on the very next play that was a long pass putting Cle in the very spot they kick the winning FG from...

Just like Braylon dropping that last pass for a first down...difficult catch, sure...but it hit him in the hands and he dropped it. If Cle misses that FG he would be crucified this morning more than he already is...no one cares Braylon had a big game

I hate that answer you just wrote..."he was one of the reasons we were in the game"...

People always justify mistakes by other plays they may have made as if the mistakes are ok...clearly my view of the pick was an easier catch then everyones view on it...but to be honest, I think that has a lot to do with the fact he returned the kick for a TD than it does with the diffculty of the catch.

LMAO, when i opened this thread I thought this would be a positive post....I should have figured....

What a mistake he made.....blanket coverage, jumps the route.....fully extended trying to make the pic....If he had made that catch it would have been a sick INT....

HE WAS FULLY EXTENDED, DIVING FOR THAT BALL.....

That Corner blitz by Reggie Corner still has me sick to my stomach....that was blindside sack possible fumble waiting to happen and he just completely overran it.... :/

I expect a first round draft pick to make that INT...not to mention the other dropped INT's he had this year...that was potentially our playoff hopes and season on the line...Top corners make that INT...you make that kind of money and are a first round pick, you need to make that catch.

LOL a lot of people expected 1 round pick Akili Smith to be able to throw the football, the panthers expected Rae Carruth to not put a hit on his wife and unborn child to stay out of jail with their 1st round pick, the media, bills fans, and our front office expected Mike Williams to be a completely dominating offensive lineman, but as the case shows - it doesn't matter what round you come in - its how you adapt to the nfl, and how well the coaches can utilize you. Heck Andre Reed was a 4th round pick, thurman thomas a 2nd round pick, joe montana 3rd round, shannon sharpe 7th round. Players play for their second contract, give the kid a chance, its always a hit and a miss when looking for the next top tier talent. To say he hasn't made in impact on the team would be a reach, hell if I started at the 30, 45 each freakin kickoff - i'd make sure I capitalize on the freakin field position and atleast put a damn field goal in there. He rendered the pass uncatchable, it would have been nice for him to catch it, but he did his job.

I was at the game, and DVR'ed it and watched it again last night (for some reason), and I was amazed at how close we came to winning that game at the end.

1) Corner barely missing the sack on Quinn that would have put them out of FG range

2) McKelvin barely missing the int (although I agree with the majority that it was a tough catch for any corner to make, much less a rookie at the end of a close game).

3) of course, the missed FG by Lindell

All happened in the last few minutes of the game and all were a few inches off from totally changing the outcome.

I was at the game, and DVR'ed it and watched it again last night (for some reason), and I was amazed at how close we came to winning that game at the end.

1) Corner barely missing the sack on Quinn that would have put them out of FG range

2) McKelvin barely missing the int (although I agree with the majority that it was a tough catch for any corner to make, much less a rookie at the end of a close game).

3) of course, the missed FG by Lindell

All happened in the last few minutes of the game and all were a few inches off from totally changing the outcome.

Don't forget Simpson barely missing his interception, and Stroud barely missing the field goal block. Not that I blame any of them (maybe Corner), but we were soooooo close to putting that one away 5 separate times.

Maybe it was great special teams play causing people to over look the fact that Leodis DROPPED ANOTHER sure interception, except this time it cost us the game as it was on the game winning drive by Cle and it was an easy INT. Ok, so he made a great play to get us back in it on that Kickoff Return, but we drafted this guy in the first round to be a lock down corner and he keeps dropping INT's.

This was inexcusable last night...he HAS to make that pick at that point in the game and it is that catchable. We already had 2 fantastic KO and Punt return guys, we drafted him in the first round to be a starting corner for us! And with Youbouty out for the season, Whitner banged up, and now Greer out, he has to start doing a better job when in on Defense.

LMFAO! A sure INT is 1 you're looking at for 3 secs, get both hands on it unmolested and proceed to drop it. Diving for a low ball is no gimme! :lol:

Simpson's was more catchable as it hung in the air a lot longer.

Forgot about that. Ko opened up a triangle with his arms and the ball went right through

McKelvin's play was tough. Ko tried to catch the ball with his biceps. Ko, use your hands. They get there first anyway, and they have fingers, which are helpful in catching balls.

Maybe it was great special teams play causing people to over look the fact that Leodis DROPPED ANOTHER sure interception, except this time it cost us the game as it was on the game winning drive by Cle and it was an easy INT. Ok, so he made a great play to get us back in it on that Kickoff Return, but we drafted this guy in the first round to be a lock down corner and he keeps dropping INT's.

This was inexcusable last night...he HAS to make that pick at that point in the game and it is that catchable. We already had 2 fantastic KO and Punt return guys, we drafted him in the first round to be a starting corner for us! And with Youbouty out for the season, Whitner banged up, and now Greer out, he has to start doing a better job when in on Defense.

;) .............................. Easy INT ;) .................................Cost us the game? You must not have seen Trent :lol:

1.) That was not a reasonably catchable ball.

2.) Even if it was an easy interception and he dropped it, you can't be mad at him. We drafted the guy knowing he can't catch a cold. Would you buy a car where the biggest fault was its gas mileage, and then complain about the horrible gas mileage 5 months after you bought it?

3.) He's turning the corner. Forget the kick return, I'm not talking about that. At the corner position he is playing MUCH better and he's progressing every week. His run support has been phenominal. Even on the 60-some yard run by the Browns, McKelvin cut so far into the backfield that Harrison was forced to take it right up the middle. McKelvin did this on at least 5 running plays. He also had that nice pass breakup down the field in one on one coverage.

Stop complaining.

If a WR drops that pass for a first down in the exact situation we would be all over him. The fact remains that its the consistent pattern of dropped INT's by Leodis that has me concerned...

You know what they say about CB's in college. They're athletic enough to play WR. But if they could catch the ball consistently, that's where they'd be playing!

I expect a first round draft pick to make that INT...not to mention the other dropped INT's he had this year...that was potentially our playoff hopes and season on the line...Top corners make that INT...you make that kind of money and are a first round pick, you need to make that catch.

If you're old enough to have been around when the Bills drafted Thomas Smith in the 1st round you must have called for John Butler to be fired in his first season as GM.

Not all cornerbacks are good at intercepting. Antoine Winfield couldn't catch a cold when he was a Bill.

There's a lot more to playing CB than interceptions.

This string is another example of why I hate statistics. Stat boys take one aspect of playing a position and blow it way out of proportion. Even when talking about a specific play, it all comes back to the ooh ahh that stat looks good. CBs who are great at all aspects but interceptions don't get the same respect from stat boys as the guy who sucks 90% of the time covering his man but gets enough interceptions to make himself look good on paper.

If McKelvin could make the catches you demand, he'd be named Lee Evans.

I agree with some of the other responders, although he has dropped a few in the recent past, he made an outstanding athletic play just to get in position to have a change to pick off that pass. No other corner in the league is going to make that pick more than 1 every 10 tries.

It hit him right in the hands...they work on that type of catch constantly in practice...hes paid to make that INT...just because you break up a pass doesnt excuse the bigger play you left on the table...I guarantee you he is hearing about it film review today...

Right. The old "jump in front of the receiver, lay out horizontally in the air, and make an INT" drill. Teams practice that all the time.

GO BILLS!!!