The Bledsoe Apologists Club

For me, it was right after the Texans home game last year. At that point, I had had enough and was beginning to see what Spiked Lemonade and the various Patsies trolls were telling us.

Now I suppose I've joined the Dead Horse Beaters Club. They may be annoying as hell, but at least they're right...

I posted plenty of stuff around the start of the spiked crusade saying Bledsoe was not the answer. Since then I have only posted a few things, I really can't see how anyone could still be a apologist anymore. If they still are then they will always be so their is no reason to try and change their mind.

Coming to the wall Sunday October 31.....

People that think those _________ (INT's, Sacks, Fumbles) were Bledsoes fault are crazy. If the _________ (WR,TE,OL,RB, OC,HC, REF) would have done their job it never would have happened.

It really is a sad cycle

I think that I have been so busy defending Drews honor from people who would just B word on him constantly that I ended up taking up for a bills player against my own judgement........

The thing is....in the right system I really do still think he would be successfull....unfortunately I dont think that system exists anymore.......

Would Drew have been successfull behind Wolford, Ballard, Hull, Davis, Ritcher.......with Thurman Thomas running the ball and receivers like Andre Reed and James Loften......

I think he would.....but those days are long gone in Buffalo.....

JfH - yes, he would be "successful" with all those great players around him.

He'd certainly be more successful than what he's been so far.

But he's NO JIM KELLY!

He NEVER could have taken that series of teams to the big dance 4 in a row.

NEVER!

The NFL has changed. It's not a league for a lead-footed, cannon-armed, slow-decision making, old QB anymore. George Blanda retired years ago, but even he could scramble some.

Why do you think that Joe Gibbs is having such a time of it in Washmytongue? He's old school. The league has changed. By the time MM earns his stripes Drew could be in traction. By the time the Bills field a respectable team again, I'll be in a nursing home.

Truth be told, it was this game against Baltimore that did in my membership card. Up until Sunday, I was hoping for a turnaround. Now I am convinced that all the alarm clocks in the world can't give to Drew what he needs: good instincts and fire in his belly.

For me, it was right after the Texans home game last year. At that point, I had had enough and was beginning to see what Spiked Lemonade and the various Patsies trolls were telling us.

Now I suppose I've joined the Dead Horse Beaters Club. They may be annoying as hell, but at least they're right...

85742[/snapback]

Finally after 6 weeks the Bledsoe bashers have a game to hang their hat on. Yawn.

I never was a member... but I did try to fall into line and support him. When he threw the ball out of bounds on a 4th down late in a game (against Philly, I think), I knew for a certainty that the "Drew-Bledsoe-I-never-feared-when-he-played-against-us" was in the house.

Someone gave me a Bledsoe bobblehead doll when he first came to Buffalo, and I ran over him several times with my SUV immediately following his 4th down sack/fumble for a touchdown against the Patsies three weeks ago. (BTW, I think Belichick is Bledsoe's real daddy!)

Come to think of it, I was never a card-carrying member of either the Todd Collins Apologists Club or the Rob Johnson Apologists Club. Like it or not, the last leader the Bills have had behind center - and the only one since Kelly's departure - was Flutie.

If i am considered an apologist because I feel that on our roster, bledsoe is the better option, then sobeit.  until we have a proven talent on our team ready to step in then i say keep bledsoe in the game.

86624[/snapback]

you're obviously in denial. :D

If i am considered an apologist because I feel that on our roster, bledsoe is the better option, then sobeit.  until we have a proven talent on our team ready to step in then i say keep bledsoe in the game.

86624[/snapback]

No that doesn't make you an apologist, unless you still think there is any scenario short of 10 pro bowlers starting on the Bills' offense that can revive Drew's career.

Truth be told, it was this game against Baltimore that did in my membership card. Up until Sunday, I was hoping for a turnaround. Now I am convinced that all the alarm clocks in the world can't give to Drew what he needs: good instincts and fire in his belly.

Me too. I defended Bledsoe against Spiked and others all year. But what I saw in that game made me sick. Its not just one game though. At Oakland this year...C'mon Drew make a play, lead your team to victory. No way, meekly going down and offering up excuses. Get some passion, some fire in the belly.

If he would have walked into the Baltimore press conference and flipped over the table, said I can't take this anymore, I promise all the fans we're gonna win next week and I'm going to play the friggin game of my life, I would have believed in him. But he plays like he did and apologizes to the Bills fans because he's still the QB???? Give me a friggin break.

JfH - yes, he would be "successful" with all those great players around him.

He'd certainly be more successful than what he's been so far.

But he's NO JIM KELLY!

He NEVER could have taken that series of teams to the big dance 4 in a row.

NEVER!

The NFL has changed. It's not a league for a lead-footed, cannon-armed, slow-decision making, old QB anymore. George Blanda retired years ago, but even he could scramble some.

Why do you think that Joe Gibbs is having such a time of it in Washmytongue? He's old school. The league has changed. By the time MM earns his stripes Drew could be in traction. By the time the Bills field a respectable team again, I'll be in a nursing home.

85808[/snapback]

That's just not a fair assessment. You can't compare QBs and systems unless they play with the same players in the same environments. Steve Young proved Joe Montana wasn't a deity by stepping in and putting up even better numbers, as one example.

Gibbs is thumping around in the dark for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is injuries. He'll be fine over the long term. It's just not fair to judge the guy until the middle of next year, no matter what.

The mobile QB thing is very overrated. Drew's mobility is a unquestionably a liability but not as big of one as his decision making or his fear of being hit. Dude is gun shy, which is something he's earned over the long term. Virtually every QB goes through it (including Jim Kelly), and it means the end of effectiveness is near.

Finally after 6 weeks the Bledsoe bashers have a game to hang their hat on. Yawn.

85882[/snapback]

Would you like to go back 20 games or 30 games? Ok, we can just stick with this season:

Bledsoe's performances this season:

Jags: average/good enough to win

Raiders: bad

Pats: bad

Jets: bad for first 3 quarters, great for 4th

Dolphins: average/good enough to win

Ravens: beyond bad

85742[/snapback]

Have you cancelled your membership yet in the "Travis Henry is a Top 5 Back, and Worth a First Round Pick Club? :D