A Few Thoughts About The Game

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3) OK, the fact that Jauron is a serial loser is a given, but as a Yale grad, he should have figured out by now how to throw a red flag on an out of bounds pass. He does it often enough on plays with no chance of being overturned, no?

4) Yep, Trent looked bad on the picks, especially the 2nd one. Still, he has as much courage as a player can have, and I have zero doubt that he will have a bright future, assuming he isn't destroyed by the non-existance of a decent center or even guard.

Jauron first needs to have his lips unsewn. When the refs don't see the flag, speak up! Say anything! Shows us that there is a heartbeat in your body.

Glad you can still see Trent's bright future. He's on his way to proving that his poor play down the stretch of last season was no fluke. I said this last year and I'll repeat it now. Jauron and co. did JP a huge favor. He doesn't realize it yet, but the chance to go to a team with good quality offensive coaches will put him a leg up on Trent.

Sucks, I can't even yell "NOOOOOO, FLACCOOOOOOOO" at the Ravens fans here anymore. :wallbash:

:wallbash:

Ya and The Panthers Play at Oakland...If they Win it's another long week in Charlotte for Me...

Ugh! Hey...Were We 5-1 once??? I should have known...

:lol:

So, I just got home from work. Followed the score as best I could, but haven't seen a single play yet.

Should I bother?

No. It was a very apathetic game from the Bills. They just looked like they could care less to win the game. This was one of the few game I got up mid-3rd quarter and started picking up. No sense watching such a gutless effort.

Nope.
NO !!!!!
If by "bother", you mean, "deleting it", then yes.

Judging by the overall tone of the board, that's pretty much the answer I expected. Unfortunately, I'll have to watch it at some point so I can write about it for the rematch in December ... but drinking heavily beforehand sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the warning.

:lol:

Jauron first needs to have his lips unsewn. When the refs don't see the flag, speak up! Say anything! Shows us that there is a heartbeat in your body.

Glad you can still see Trent's bright future. He's on his way to proving that his poor play down the stretch of last season was no fluke. I said this last year and I'll repeat it now. Jauron and co. did JP a huge favor. He doesn't realize it yet, but the chance to go to a team with good quality offensive coaches will put him a leg up on Trent.

As I siad before, I hope you leave with JP. No matter what happens in Buffalo, it doesn't change the fact that JP sucks and you have no clue.

7) Wrong pattern on a crucial passing down? Fair catch with no defender within shouting distance? With all of his speed and quickness, imagine how good Parrish would be if ha had even a semblance of a brain!

Ever hear Roscoe try to string a sentence together?

Yes, you should watch it. Just forget about your emotions when you do and look at it objectively.

- Running game was still bad, but wasn't called on much, either.

- O-line showed no progress.

- Special teams improved.

- Defense wasn't that bad. Looked better than they did against the Jets. I saw progress, especially considering our two best players were injured.

- Edwards finally looks like a 2nd year QB, which despite what people may think is fine.

Pay attention to the lack of penalties and bad calls. I don't remember a game called like this in years. The zebras were horrible enough to bring out the conspiracy theorist in me.

So, I just got home from work. Followed the score as best I could, but haven't seen a single play yet.

Should I bother?

You can't have a run game when you don't even try to run the ball.

I was in and out most of today. I figured this would be a rough oner to watch, and the leaves needed to be done so I could do the winterizer.... Saw just before the half up through our first possession of the 2nd half. Score was 13-3, we have 3rd & 1 and we go with a silly out pass and punt from ~ 40, not even wanting to try a FG. If you don't have the ball sack to go for it on 4th & 1, what the hell are you doing WCO on the 3rd. Like we don't have running backs? Well... This is sick. This WCO hybrid will not work as the later months get here. Gregggggg proved this. Buffalo should be a smash-mouth running team and we're not --- last time we made the playoffs we had Gash, and until we can run it down their throats even tho they know it's coming, no one will respect the run and we'll keep losing to good teams and getting a few Ws against the dregs of the league. Getting a line that can actually do something would help too.

It may be sacrilege here, but one almost yearns for the days of Steve Fairchild. Almost.

From what I hear, the DL put on a heck of a show today.... for me to poop on! 5-1 was a sham.

5) Dockery is well on his way to becoming a second rate guard. Sadly, he might already be there. This would serve to seriously alter the draft day plans of a non-Jauron team.

Well, Bill, it stands to reason that if you don't have an interior OL, you won't have much of a running game. Nor much of a passing game, because the QB will be pressured into making mistakes and bad throws and will take too many hits and sacks. With all these problems on the offensive line, it stands to reason your offense won't be scoring many points. To make up for this lack, the defense will have to play extra well. And as everyone knows, good defensive play starts in the defensive secondary. So why not use our highest draft picks there? At least, this is the logic I'm expecting from the front office come draft day . . . :blink:

If you don't have the ball sack to go for it on 4th & 1, what the hell are you doing WCO on the 3rd. Like we don't have running backs?

With DJ, you're damned if you do and, well, you know the rest. He tried the short yardage run and was stuffed against NYJ. Now, he's waiving the white flag and just punting.

This football team has his stamp of approval all over it personnel wise. If he doesn't trust his players and the coaches he hand-selected, then it's time to change the HC.

I'm glad you didn't devote those nearly three hours to watching a HC without a clue. On that item, you're a smarter man than I.

Judging by the overall tone of the board, that's pretty much the answer I expected. Unfortunately, I'll have to watch it at some point so I can write about it for the rematch in December ... but drinking heavily beforehand sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the warning.

:blink:

drink heavily before, during, and after

With DJ, you're damned if you do and, well, you know the rest. He tried the short yardage run and was stuffed against NYJ. Now, he's waiving the white flag and just punting.

Well, you can understand his reasoning, can't you? I mean, if it didn't work last week, there's no way in hell it'll work this week, or ever again! Let's just never try to run the ball. Let's never try to project this image that we'll try to win a game by grasping it and taking it rather than pretend this is all like one of those scrimmages in July.

In fact, let's just forfeit the rest of our games while DJ is coach. It's just easier that way. Show up, hear somebody do the anthem, maybe show the Bills Shout song on the HD scoreboard, then go home. Everybody'll still get paid and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks for the warning.

:blink:

I would suggest Draino. The burning in your throat will distract you from the real pain of watching the game.