When will Trent throw for 300.....

AnthonyF

Hate to belabour the point (maybe not), but after seeing Cutler throw for 440 and Quinn in his debut for 250, I want that breakout game. Considering easy opponents with lousy pass defenses coming up, I want to see 4 300 yard games, which is not this statistical anomaly people seem to think....

Cleveland, Denver, SF, KC all should be torched..... Miami in Toronto too and revenge vs. NYJ???

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to belabour the point (maybe not), but after seeing Cutler throw for 440 and Quinn in his debut for 250, I want that breakout game. Considering easy opponents with lousy pass defenses coming up, I want to see 4 300 yard games, which is not this statistical anomaly people seem to think....

Cleveland, Denver, SF, KC all should be torched..... Miami in Toronto too and revenge vs. NYJ???

Doesn't matter how many yards he throws for as long as we get the W. I'm not saying I don't want to see it happen too but does it really matter? He got the most yardage of his season against the Jets last week and we lost.

Doesn't matter how many yards he throws for as long as we get the W. I'm not saying I don't want to see it happen too but does it really matter? He got the most yardage of his season against the Jets last week and we lost.

True.

He's yet to play well in cold weather so that may limit his chances for a big game.

I would prefer to see 150 in the running game.

True.

He's yet to play well in cold weather so that may limit his chances for a big game.

Agreed, while it has been an up and down season for Trent thus far I foresee things becoming very ugly starting on the Monday night game.

He has shown difficulty in playing in cold weather thus far and mixing this possibility with a terrible run game is going to guarantee no 300 yard games.

The better question is when will he throw more the one TD in a game. Outside of TDS is numbers have been great.

When you can't run the ball for crap, the more passing yards the better! :thumbsup:

what he said :thumbsup:

I'd settle for 120+ and 160+ every week and winning the majority of our games. Then a pretty passing effort and a loss.-

Sorry I want to see a 300 yard game, 2-3 td's and a convincing 4 quarter win. Considering that 2 weeks ago people were annointing him the second coming, mid-season MVP, talking extension and so on and so on..... Let's see a real breakout game.

So tired of the crap always about as long as it is a W and we have a balanced attack. Got news for you, if football was that boring 70% of your audience would tune out regardless of the # of wins.

I would worry more about When are we gonna see Marshawn run for over a 100 yards!!!!!!

There is no need to throw for that many yards unless you are down. Our D has never put us in a situation to need to throw for that many yards. Also our running game, if better, would help keep us on the field longer. Additionally we rarely take shots down field, probably because we cannot get an 8th man in the box with our lackluster run game. You need to complete a lot of 5 yard passes to throw for over 300...

I hope he NEVER throws for 300 yards because many times the guy who throws for 300 yards loses the game.

300 yard games, with the exception of a QB on a high powered, rub it in offense like last year's Patriots, usually are accomplished by a guy playing catch up from behind-just like Cutler had to do yesterday. I'd rather see a good defensive effort that doesn't put the QB in a position to have to throw for 300 yds in order to have any chance of winning. Denver's defense means Cutler will probably have to throw for more than 300 yards to win his share of games.

300 yards-just another dumb stat the stat boys fall in love with.

='Thoner7' date='Nov 7 2008, 04:44 PM' post='1203508']

There is no need to throw for that many yards unless you are down. Our D has never put us in a situation to need to throw for that many yards. Also our running game, if better, would help keep us on the field longer. Additionally we rarely take shots down field, probably because we cannot get an 8th man in the box with our lackluster run game. You need to complete a lot of 5 yard passes to throw for over 300...

Excuse me.... Are we 8-0??? We have been down and in almost every game. New Orleans have not had to be down for Brees to throw for 300 yards. Was New England and Tom Brady down when he was throwing for 300????? Always an excuse....

EASY SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO WHAT?

Terrible Pass Defenses..... BTW people were gaga over Edwards vs. San Diego, a defense that has since canned Ted Cottrell where every QB this year (except Matt Cassell) has looked like Tom Brady/Joe Montana.

I doubt you're going to see a lot of them. This offensive line can't pass protect or pick up blitzes for sh-- (not to mention they can't run block either). The way the running game is going though, Edwards is going to HAVE to throw a lot.

I hope he NEVER throws for 300 yards because many times the guy who throws for 300 yards loses the game.

300 yard games, with the exception of a QB on a high powered, rub it in offense like last year's Patriots, usually are accomplished by a guy playing catch up from behind-just like Cutler had to do yesterday. I'd rather see a good defensive effort that doesn't put the QB in a position to have to throw for 300 yds in order to have any chance of winning. Denver's defense means Cutler will probably have to throw for more than 300 yards to win his share of games.

300 yards-just another dumb stat the stat boys fall in love with.

Come on, never? What you're saying then is in a track-meet style game (and those happen sometimes) the Bills won't win.

Or a game like last night. Without Cutler's big game, the Broncos don't win.