Favorite 80's or early 90's Pro Wrestler?

EndZoneCrew

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the 70s i do not remeber so much who I liked outside of DiNucci, but remember hating on the Love Brothers! They were the wrestling version of Paul Lynde on Hollywood squares.

Fromt the 80's really liked macho Man as Ms. Elizabeth was just smokin!! LIked the Dog as someone mention(btw, i think he just recently passed. Roddy was funny, as was Honky Tonk man. Good guy who drove me nuts back then was Steamboat. All he ever did was whine. I was actually happy when Honky Tonk took his title at the Aud in about 84 or so. My firsy and only time at a rasslin show, but it was fun!

announcers- got to be gorilla and heenan

wrestlers- mr perfect, shawn michaels(early singles time w/ sherri), macho man(while intercontinental champ mid or late 80's), the origional 4 horsemen

manager- has to be heenan. the neckbrace for 5 years was great.

Did those guys provide entertainment to the troops at Gettysburg?

Beerball's so old, he retired from the Navy as the guy who beats the drum

:thumbsup:

Beerball's so old, he thinks Amish people have modern conveniences!

Oh, sorry in keep on topic:

Roddy Piper, Paul Ordorf and Ric Flair.

Good guy who drove me nuts back then was Steamboat. All he ever did was whine. I was actually happy when Honky Tonk took his title at the Aud in about 84 or so. My firsy and only time at a rasslin show, but it was fun!

i too was there for honky's title win. it was 1987.

killer kahn spit the green mist into hogan's face on the snake pit there too.

Rowdy Roddy

+1. Pipers Pit was the best. It was great when he interviewed other wrastlers. At first the conversation was civil. But Piper gradually prodded the other guy until it degenerated into a full fledged brawl. I wonder if any of those interviews are available on youtube?

+1. Pipers Pit was the best. It was great when he interviewed other wrastlers. At first the conversation was civil. But Piper gradually prodded the other guy until it degenerated into a full fledged brawl. I wonder if any of those interviews are available on youtube?

Wasn't his security provided by Cowboy Bob Orton?

i totally forgot about the "DR of Style"

I kind of liked the Doctor of Style... he had that wierd lisp when he talked and he called everyone "baby."

Mr. Fuji was another classic manager.

I tended to like the bad guys in wrestling I guess. Saturday Night's Main Event on NBC was always a big deal as a kid.

My father followed wrestling back in the day and he claims he liked the name "Eric"... He liked the first "Yukon Eric"... Tells the story how he lost an ear... Gee thanks dad!

My mother had no choice... My father liked Gunnar and Gunther (Gunther Gable Williams) as alternative names... One of his friends said: "I will never talk to you again if you name your kid Gunther!"... So Eric it is!

See... Than explains it! WTF DAD? You had some pretty wild tastes...

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Yukon Eric

Dominic Dinucci - WWF Tag-Team Champion

Bob Backlund - WWF Champion

Chief J. Strongbow

The Road Warriors

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka

Ivan Putski - "Polish Power!!!!"

Tony Atlas

and my all-time favorite - Andre the Giant :thumbsup: