Favorite 80's or early 90's Pro Wrestler?

EndZoneCrew

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. Pipers Pit was the best. It was great when he interviewed other wrastlers. At first the conversation was civil. But Piper gradually prodded the other guy until it degenerated into a full fledged brawl. I wonder if any of those interviews are available on youtube?
Yes.

Wasn't his security provided by Cowboy Bob Orton?
In later shows. In the beginning he was on his own.

the flower shop was funny as hell too.

was it the flower shop ot the pit where snuka got coconutted by piper? i cant remember which.

Pipers Pit.

Great thread.

I liked the Fabulous Freebirds,,,Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy.

For the most part they were 'heels'. But Michael Hayes tried

to revamp their image to 'good guys'

They were ready to defend their tag team title.

In an interview with Gene Okerlund, Michael told Gene he was going to

get ready for the big match by having a work out, a massage

and a healthy meal.

Terry relpied that he was going to down a bottle of JD and get mean-ass drunk.

To which Michael replied, " the heck with the work out, let's get two bottle

of JD."

I just thought that was funny as heck and the 'heel' personna was back.

• 3 weeks later...
"What I'd like to have is for all you fat, out of shape, sweathogs, to keep the noise down while I take off my robe."

I was in Atlantic City @ Wrestle Mania 5 when he called the crowd, "high rollin', Atlantic City sweathogs", en route to becoming the Intercontinental champ (thanks to Hennan holding Warrior's leg down). Too bad he had a big contract dispute w/ McMahon right before he left, as he was supposed to win the WWF title then. Then, he went to WCW and, after winning a bunch of titles and becoming one of their top draws, injured his neck, which pretty much ended his wrestling career.

From what I've heard, he was quite the opposite of his on camera persona. The guy was always bragging on his kids.

The ultimate steroid warrior and Rowdy Roddy Piper. anybody remember George the Animal Steele?

Interesting story of the Hot Rod. He got his name from his time growing up in Winnipeg, Canada. His highschool football team was the John Taylor Collegiate Pipers and he also played on the Winnipeg Minor Football team the Winnipeg Rods.

hence.....Roddy Piper. Cue "more you know music from NBC"....