Brady's knee

Corp000085

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3658987

according to this report, Tom Brady had TWO more procedures done on his knee to clear out the infection after the first procedure was acknowledged on October 15th. It goes on to state that if the infection is not cleared out it will compromise the ACL repair, requiring a second full blown ACL replacement.

So, that's 1 knee reconstruction surgery and 3 cleanup surgeries so far. While I hate to actually state here that I feel bad for the guy, I feel bad for the guy. I thought it would take a full two season for Tom Brady to look like Tom Brady again, but if this infection thing doesn't get cleaned up, 18-1 might have been his last season ever.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how some people are happy about this.

It is FUN being a fan and rooting against Brady on the field.

Brady's CAREER is something that is real life and IMPORTANT.

Brady's HEALTH is even more IMPORTANT. An injury like that could linger might effect his everyday life. Can you imagine being a dad like Brady and not being able to play with your bastard child on the other side of the ocean? What about future bastard children? Will he even be able to play catch with them when he visits twice a year?

It is sad how some fans put fanhood about career and health.

Can you imagine being a dad like Brady and not being able to play with your bastard child on the other side of the ocean? What about future bastard children? Will he even be able to play catch with them when he visits twice a year?

What are you drinking this morning? That actually made me chuckle

What are you drinking this morning? That actually made me chuckle

Agreed, there was just enough sanity in there to make the punchline funnier. As per Brady, he will probably be ok next year because his "mobility" is more of just great pocket awareness and knowing when to step up or step out. But I agree that continued procedures will clearly slow down his recovery.

I don't get how some people are happy about this.

It is FUN being a fan and rooting against Brady on the field.

Brady's CAREER is something that is real life and IMPORTANT.

Brady's HEALTH is even more IMPORTANT. An injury like that could linger might effect his everyday life. Can you imagine being a dad like Brady and not being able to play with your bastard child on the other side of the ocean? What about future bastard children? Will he even be able to play catch with them when he visits twice a year?

Ha Ha. Fuggin Excellent!!!!

this is awesome.

this is pure karma. god and the universe have seen that he plays dirty, and have punished him with the ironic dirty knee. harrison will get a 2 hole pollup and have burst bleeding him to death on a transcontinental flight.

Hey Rubes...or any other edumacated Docs out there...

What's the deal with Staph? Why so insidious? How does it keep popping up in Cleveland? They have obviously looked at their entire operation and yet Winslow comes down with an infection. Could Winslow have been 'carrying' Staph around all this time and it finally found a weakness and attacked?

As much as i am glad we dont have to face Brady any time soon this is still terrible news for the Tom brady the person. I really do feel bad for him. He was the best quarterback in the league just finished an amazing season statistically wins every game (except the one that counts) and then possibly has his career ended in a blink of an eye. All he knows now is the spotlight and being the Pats* quarterback. I actually worry about him psychologically being able to overcome this. This is bad news and for his sake i hope he is able to cope with this and maybe someday play again.... just not as well he did

Hey Rubes...or any other edumacated Docs out there...

What's the deal with Staph? Why so insidious? How does it keep popping up in Cleveland? They have obviously looked at their entire operation and yet Winslow comes down with an infection. Could Winslow have been 'carrying' Staph around all this time and it finally found a weakness and attacked?

We're all carrying Staph -- you're carrying Staphylococcus epidermis on your skin right now. As you may know, bacteria are everywhere and are a normal, necessary part of our lives.

I think what's happening in Cleveland is that the people in charge of their facilities screwed up. The more they tried to disinfect their facilities, the more they selected for resistant bacteria; "select" in this case means natural selection. The thing about killing bacteria is that you better get them all or they're only going to grow back stronger and tougher to deal with. In other words, the bacteria they managed to kill were the weak ones, and the ones they couldn't kill were the strong ones. Then, when the strong ones multiplied and grew back, they were ALL strong.

In Cleveland, their facilities are now teeming with disinfectant-resistant pathogenic S. aureus bacteria. Any time one of their players gets a wound, they're at great risk of getting an infection.

The problem is MRSA (Multi-drug Resistant Staph Aureus). Most antibiotic resistance genes occur on small circles of DNA in bacteria called plasmids. Plasmids can be traded between bacteria and even different closely related bacterial species. MRSA has accumulated several of these genes and Vancomycin is about the only one that works. There have been isolated cases of vancomycin-resistant MRSA.

The problem in Cleveland is probably guys with infections not telling the team and using the whirlpool.