Does Trent Edwards audible out of plays?

They are all gone from archives, but you already know that.

You really can't hide from it, there are plenty of us here that clearly recall your rantings, so I think you should abstain from ever trying to come off as anything close to an expert.

What I have said and will continue to say is that Losman was horribly mismanaged in his time here. I have publically and privately expressed my displeasure with his play and I posted when I reached the end of my proverbial rope with him last season. But you believe what you want to believe.

I don't know you or anything about you & don't really care, but, you are getting all wound up and painting yourself into a corner of illogic. You also appear a bit paranoid but I'm not qualified to say for sure. Anyway, keep on keepin on.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the Kelly worship.

Edwards CANNOT be like Kelly if we want to win a super bowl.

He needs to be BETTER.

WHY?

Because Edwards isn't likely to ever be surrounded with the all-pros Kelly played with.

Edwards is going to have to do what Kelly could not do and he will have to do it with a lesser team.

If Kelly went 0-4 with the offense he had, then he certainly wouldn't come out with a win playing on a lesser team, even if he had ten kicks at the can.

Yeah, Kelly was such a master at audibles that he went 0-4 in superbowls.

Kelly couldn't have asked for a stronger supporting cast, fact is, he simply wasn't a QB capable of winning super bowls.

Kelly wasn't good enough, Edwards needs to go to a level beyond Kelly.

:thumbsup:

Wow dude Kelly was one of the best ever sorry he didnt win one but we should have your right but we didnt. neither did alot of great quarterbacks the fact we went 4 times is nothing short of impressive

Admitted nitpicking....was the throw to Evans an audible? Did Edwards change out of the play alerting the entire team, or was it more of an 'automatic'? Edwards comes to the line, looks over the defense, sees Evans 1 on 1 and tosses him the ball.

You might be right, it probably wasn't an "audible" by definition. Just judging by how the O-line and backfield played out, it was most likely a QB option, where once Edwards and Evans both recognize the coverage, no call was needed. Regardless, Trent is being given the chances to make decisions before the snap and with his mental ability, the sky is the limit.

Riiiiigght... He was capable of winning championship games 51-3 or on the road against a strong division foe, but wasn't capable of winning a superbowl. What superior logic. Because on the field, Superbowls are sooooo much different than other playoff games :D Right?

The Raiders 51-3 game was a home game.

What I have said and will continue to say is that Losman was horribly mismanaged in his time here. I have publically and privately expressed my displeasure with his play and I posted when I reached the end of my proverbial rope with him last season. But you believe what you want to believe.

I don't know you or anything about you & don't really care, but, you are getting all wound up and painting yourself into a corner of illogic. You also appear a bit paranoid but I'm not qualified to say for sure. Anyway, keep on keepin on.

What he said. :lol:

Everyone here needs to remember that Jimmy Page is the same guy that said Donte Whitner was an "average" safety, Marshawn Lynch was "overrated." Now you're saying Jim Kelly was a bad quarterback? The guy practically invented the no huddle offense. Just because he didnt win a superbowl doesn't mean he was a poor player, or people are blind to his failures.

Every single thread Jimmy Page posts in, the subject matter changes from what was actually being talked about to jimmy's ridiculous analysis and views about players and this team. I'm not trying to pile on you here Jimmy, but from the above mentioned information, you are the definition of a troll. I'm not name calling here, you can call me a "moron" or whatever you like back, but you are acting a troll.

Do you at least admit that Donte Whitner had a "decent " game last week, or do you have any more absurd reasons why he is only an "average" safety? I'm sure you're going to tell us too that Ko Simpson was garbage the day we drafted him and now you're being vindicated..

And yes, it is important to get the name Andre REED correct, since he was an all time great. Four year olds know how to spell his name. But hey, I'm sure you have an opinion as to why he sucked also.

1. just using the word troll is about as lame as it gets

2. very few safeties are impact players, I don't see Whitner as one of them.

He's solid but he doesn't make game breaking plays.

With the 8th pick I expected a lot more.

3 Lynch IS overated, time will prove me right on that.

The more of this 3.5 per carry crap you see the less appauled you will be.

Don't worry it's ok I got the very same reaction going back 2 years+ when I was saying Losman is overrated.

Ooooooh how could you, how dare you, no you should never say that about JP, that was the reaction.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I received the same reaction to my assessment of magahee too.

Anyways it doesn't make me tired of being ahead of the curve.

4.Kelly's super bowl performances left a lot to be desired considering the team he had.

The super bowl is where the great ones excel.

Edwards CANNOT be like Kelly if we want to win a super bowl.

He needs to be BETTER.

WHY?

Because Edwards isn't likely to ever be surrounded with the all-pros Kelly played with

I don't suppose that you've considered the fact that in the salary cap era, Edwards will not being facing nearly as strong a level of competition as those Bills teams did.

I don't suppose that you've considered the fact that in the salary cap era Edwards will not being facing nearly as strong a level of competition as those Bills teams did.

They had a walk through the AFC which was weak at the time.

In each of those seasons the it could be reasonable to say the top 3 teams were in the NFC.

They had a walk through the AFC which was weak at the time.

In each of those seasons the it could be reasonable to say the top 3 teams were in the NFC.

That's irrelevant.

What is relevant to your argument is that regardless of what conference any team is in, now or back then, none of the current teams will be as good as the 90's teams those Bills squads faced. And since Edwards won't be facing the same level of competition, regardless of who he plays, he does not have to be better than Kelly.

That's irrelevant.

What is relevant to your argument is that regardless of what conference any team is in, now or back then, none of the current teams will be as good as the 90's teams those Bills squads faced. And since Edwards won't be facing the same level of competition, regardless of who he plays, he does not have to be better than Kelly.

You are operating in an area far above than what Mr. Page could understand, even if he wanted to. Plus, he has no interest in understanding what you are putting out there, even if he was capable.

But, you already know that.

I didn't know we had a bag over the head emote :lol:

It's also used on pictures of Lana. :angry:

Huffing would explain many of Steely's posts. :D

And welcome home brother. Your reticence has been more noted than enjoyed. :D

Ok, you owe me one from the TE hurt thread!! But we're even now!! Maybe,

Jack-ASS!!

Huffing would explain many of Steely's posts. :lol:

And welcome home brother. Your reticence has been more noted than enjoyed. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words... Busy busy of late here and not a lot of energy to play with the inmates. :lol:

Always look forward to finding and reading your posts though. Hope things are going well for ya!

Nowhere in the thread is there mention of the real why we lost the first of the 4 superbowls.

It wasn't Kelly. We were out coached.

I'm not sure I agree that coaching was the sole reason. In the first one we were out coached, in the second we were outplayed and in the next two, well maybe a little of both.

I see what your saying though. Parcelles and Gibbs were great coaches while JJ had a great staff around him.

Nowhere in the thread is there mention of the real why we lost the first of the 4 superbowls.

It wasn't Kelly. We were out coached.

I agree with that in #1 (big time) and #4 (can't let one fumble bring down your entire team) but in #2 and #3 we were the vastly inferior team. (I agree with Hazed)