Does Trent Edwards audible out of plays?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiigght... He was capable of winning championship games 51-3 or on the road against a strong division foe, but wasn't capable of winning a superbowl. What superior logic. Because on the field, Superbowls are sooooo much different than other playoff games :thumbsup: Right?

Hmm lets see, Kelly was capable and had 4 kicks at the can.

Oh ok mr logical.

Can you remind of of which superbowl it was that Kelly won?

Hmmmm?

And when you do try to keep your mind off ballwash.

Yes. In the most important way, they were all better than Jim Kelly. Jim Kelly was like the baseball team built for a 162 game season, not 5 or 7 games series.

Jim Kelly was great... But, serioulsy flawed...

Not according to these experts he wasn't flawed.

Maybe they attribute those superbowls to voodoo or an NFL conspiracy against Buffalo or global warming.

Who knows what lurks in the minds of people that twist reality.

Oh ok mr logical.

Can you remind of of which superbowl it was that Kelly won?

Hmmmm?

And when you do try to keep your mind of ballwashing.

How is that a reply to the point? So it is your belief that a guy who is capable of winning conference championships is not also capable of winning one additional playoff game?

How is that a reply to the point? So it is your belief that a guy who is capable of winning conference championships is not also capable of winning one additional playoff game?

In the super bowl he was up against better teams than he was in the AFC.

The AFC was very weak in those years.

And there IS a difference in the super bowl.... more on the line, more pressure, Kelly couldn't get it done.

I can say this, Edwards seems very composed and might have the type of mental toughness needed to get it done.

He immediately strikes me as being more intelligent than Jim Kelly.

But he needs a better supporting cast than what he has now.

The run game we have just isn't cutting it.

Hey what beerball?

Are you going to tell us again about how great Losman is going to be and how Edwards is only here to carry his clipboard?

Huh expert?

:thumbsup:

No, and I defy you to find one.

What I was going to say was don't take things so seriously. Not worth getting all wound up.

In the super bowl he was up against better teams than he was in the AFC.

The AFC was very weak in those years.

And there IS a difference in the super bowl.... more on the line, more pressure, Kelly couldn't get it done.

Thats what I thought you were going to say... So as someone else stated earlier, Mark Rypien was a better QB than Kelly (by your logic).

Might as well throw Dilfer and Doug Williams in there too for good measure.

The more we learn the more we find that Football is the ultimate team game.

No, and I defy you to find one.

What I was going to say was don't take things so seriously. Not worth getting all wound up.

They are all gone from archives, but you already know that.

You really can't hide from it, there are plenty of us here that clearly recall your rantings, so I think you should abstain from ever trying to come off as anything close to an expert.

Jim Kelly vs the Giants : 18 of 30 for 212 no int's no td's one sack

Trent Dilfer vs the Giants : 12 of 25 for 153 1 td no int's sacked 3 times

So based on your logic Dilfer earned his SB win? I doubt it very much

you sir, are a moron

He has done this numerous times; even in the very 1st game. The latest example was the Evans TD. He said in the post game that it was a run by design but he audibled when he noticed the Lee was singled up on the corner.

Even in shortage scenarios, he's changed the call to a pass when he gets a matchup he likes. You'll notice this more when both RB's are in on the same play.

I dont watch a lot of news so I dont get to see any press on this subject. That is why I was asking if it's talked about at all in the local press or national press for that matter. And the during the games it is not mentioned that he is calling audibles out of the sent in play. Everyone copies Peyton Manning style to some degree of waving your arms, walking around pointing even on a sent in play so its impossible to tell now if he is calling an audible trying to confuse the defense.

Jim Kelly vs the Giants : 18 of 30 for 212 no int's no td's one sack

Trent Dilfer vs the Giants : 12 of 25 for 153 1 td no int's sacked 3 times

So based on your logic Dilfer earned his SB win? I doubt it very much

you sir, are a moron

Hey moron was Dilfer the only QB that ever won a super bowl?

And did you notice that Dilfer passed for a TD?

Were you aware that even tough they wore the same uniform the NYG weren't the same team in both those superbowls?

Do you think that Dilfer had the weapons Kelly had?

No I guess that thinking isn't one of your favorite pastimes.

Nice try moron.

Were you aware that even tough they wore the same uniform the NYG weren't the same team in both those superbowls?

Nice try moron.

the point was kelly played well enough to win..... dilfer threw one td pass but that entire offense was labeled as on the of the worst to ever win a SB , so the point is that Kelly is not to blame for the loss

wrap your pea brain around that

Nice try moron.

Another brainiac.Its a crying shame you use Jimmy Page as your screen name, but yet you show the intellect of William Hung :thumbsup:

Everyone here needs to remember that Jimmy Page is the same guy that said Donte Whitner was an "average" safety, Marshawn Lynch was "overrated." Now you're saying Jim Kelly was a bad quarterback? The guy practically invented the no huddle offense. Just because he didnt win a superbowl doesn't mean he was a poor player, or people are blind to his failures.

Every single thread Jimmy Page posts in, the subject matter changes from what was actually being talked about to jimmy's ridiculous analysis and views about players and this team. I'm not trying to pile on you here Jimmy, but from the above mentioned information, you are the definition of a troll. I'm not name calling here, you can call me a "moron" or whatever you like back, but you are acting a troll.

Do you at least admit that Donte Whitner had a "decent " game last week, or do you have any more absurd reasons why he is only an "average" safety? I'm sure you're going to tell us too that Ko Simpson was garbage the day we drafted him and now you're being vindicated..

And yes, it is important to get the name Andre REED correct, since he was an all time great. Four year olds know how to spell his name. But hey, I'm sure you have an opinion as to why he sucked also.