How low will the stock market go under Obama?

Fingon

Hope so. Don't want to think it might have been the ole PPT giving us the kick save at 3:45 PM on July 9 and 10, just as the market was about to break the key S&P 875 level and leg downward, now would we? And look, on July 13 Merry Whitney, the biggest bear of them all, comes out with a bullish call on banks and away we go....nah, that stuff is just for movies.

It was a bullish call for Goldman, not the banking sector.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so. Don't want to think it might have been the ole PPT giving us the kick save at 3:45 PM on July 9 and 10, just as the market was about to break the key S&P 875 level and leg downward, now would we? And look, on July 13 Merry Whitney, the biggest bear of them all, comes out with a bullish call on banks and away we go....nah, that stuff is just for movies.

And don't forget the way the market just seems to be shrugging off CIT's problems. Hell of a confidence builder after the past year.

Probably shouldn't be, though. CIT's impending bankruptcy is no small thing.

The Dow is not the economy. :thumbsup:

And Obama's got as little to do with this rally as he did with the decline after his inauguration. Less, even - necessary though it may have been, the administration pushing GM into bankruptcy and driving the stock price to zero was no small part of the early-year decline.

I know this Tom. I'm a registered representative. But, we're dealing with Libtard drones who barely understand the difference between getting a little ahead and getting a little head.

The Dow is not the economy. :thumbsup:

Sadly to the average short attention spanned American Dow up = Economy Good

So now that Obama has saved America from The Greatest Economic Crisis Since The Great Depression®, Americans can stop worrying about TGECSTGD® and start worrying about the important stuff. Like when American Idol® is coming back

I know this Tom. I'm a registered representative. But, we're dealing with Libtard drones who barely understand the difference between getting a little ahead and getting a little head.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, sorry.

I do environmental due dilligence. We handle only commercial properties (businesses and apartment complexes). Most of the jobs in the last few months are pre-foreclosures whereas I had two in the previous three years.

The Dow is not the economy. :w00t:

And Obama's got as little to do with this rally as he did with the decline after his inauguration. Less, even - necessary though it may have been, the administration pushing GM into bankruptcy and driving the stock price to zero was no small part of the early-year decline.

How's this for a twisted view. "Forcing" both Chrysler and GM into bankruptcy has provided people affordable vehicles.

With rebates and incentives you can get a good vehicle for under $20K (unless you need a top of the line heavy duty truck).

Too bad Ford is still over pricing their vehicles.

I may switch to a GM, Chrysler or even a foreign manufacturer in the next few months.

How's this for a twisted view. "Forcing" both Chrysler and GM into bankruptcy has provided people affordable vehicles.

With rebates and incentives you can get a good vehicle for under $20K (unless you need a top of the line heavy duty truck).

I may switch to a GM, Chrysler or even a foreign manufacturer in the next few months.

It's twisted, alright.

I just bought a new Toyota for $4k off the sticker price. I'm pretty sure that has less to do with Toyota's bankruptcy than it does the general need to move inventory in a sluggish economy.

Ford might be doing well. The Ford plant in South Chicago went to one shift a whiles back... They may be going back to 3 shifts in the future. Then again the average worker is only making 13 bucks and hour. Maybe they can start cutting salaries inthe health care and insurance fields to what is on par with the average American laborer at Ford.

Ford might be doing well. The Ford plant in South Chicago went to one shift a whiles back... They may be going back to 3 shifts in the future. Then again the average worker is only making 13 bucks and hour. Maybe they can start cutting salaries inthe health care and insurance fields to what is on par with the average American laborer at Ford.

Yes because the skill set and the revenue generated by someone in the insurance field is equal to that of someone screwing in a bolt on a truck. :w00t:

Yes because the skill set and the revenue generated by someone in the insurance field is equal to that of someone screwing in a bolt on a truck. :w00t:

Keep telling yourself that BS... Okay you are sorta right with revenue... The insurance indusrty does steal a ton.

A "skill set of a crook."

People need to get over themselves...

A crook? Don't be an idiot.

Oh, now it is don't be an idiot. I thought I was an idiot. This idiot seems to own your rosy ass from time to time. Take a phuck at a flyin' donut... :w00t: It takes a real pro to work in the insurance field or other's you deem worthy of a higher skill set. :lol::w00t: I guess you weren't around during the door-door era of insurance "professionals."

Give me a break.

Say what you want about working on the assembly line, but most don't have the sticktoitness (if that is actually a word) to work a year at it let alone a whole career.

IMO again, Americans have to get over themselves and actually do a little hard work except sitting on their fat asses.

Oh, now it is don't be an idiot. I thought I was an idiot. This idiot seems to own your rosy ass from time to time. Take a phuck at a flyin' donut... :w00t: It takes a real pro to work in the insurance field or other's you deem worthy of a higher skill set. :lol::w00t: I guess you weren't around during the door-door era of insurance "professionals."

Give me a break.

Say what you want about working on the assembly line, but most don't have the sticktoitness (if that is actually a word) to work a year at it let alone a whole career.

IMO again, Americans have to get over themselves and actually do a little hard work except sitting on their fat asses.

Says the guy who's job description is "move water from one giant bucket to another". :w00t:

Give me a break.

Of course the average person couldn't last a year on the assembly line...we have brains. And yup, selling insurance is as simple as "here Mr. Smith sign here. And telling you not to be an idiot was my way of giving you the benefit of the doubt. How about stop being an idiot. Better?

Says the guy who's job description is "move water from one giant bucket to another". :P

Without it you can't move a 1/2 million bucks of commods a day into the national economy. Not to mention the other impacts of the job. :w00t::w00t:

I would be the first one to admit that a monkey can learn to do it, JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE. Just don't kill anyone or have loss of property when you are fumbling to figure it out AND MAINTAIN that system. Then you will need the isurance monkey to come in and file a claim.

:D

Which leads me to that History Channel show about life after humans. They did a thing about Chicago and what would happen if people left with respects to the canal system... Sorta BS. Boy do they love to embellish... :w00t::lol:

Without it you can't move a 1/2 million bucks of commods a day into the national economy. Not to mention the other impacts of the job. :w00t::D

I would be the first one to admit that a monkey can learn to do it, JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE. Just don't kill anyone or have loss of property when you are fumbling to figure it out AND MAINTAIN that system. Then you will need the isurance monkey to come in and file a claim.

:P

Which leads me to that History Channel show about life after humans. They did a thing about Chicago and what would happen if people left with respects to the canal system... Sorta BS. Boy do they love to embellish... :lol::w00t:

The History Channel's entertainment. It's not documentary television. When they run their military shows (mostly on The Military Channel now) I usually catch all sorts of embellishments - without which, the shows would be pretty unwatchable, frankly.

And by the way: don't listen to Chef. Keep being an idiot. Go with your strengths. :w00t:

The History Channel's entertainment. It's not documentary television. When they run their military shows (mostly on The Military Channel now) I usually catch all sorts of embellishments - without which, the shows would be pretty unwatchable, frankly.

And by the way: don't listen to Chef. Keep being an idiot. Go with your strengths. :w00t:

Ya I know. Entertainment gets crazy after a while.

This idiot (me) bring in some totally new perspective that you might not ever hear of. What can I say, I am unique. :lol: