How low will the stock market go under Obama?

Fingon

Jim Cramer's http://www.mainstreet.com/article/moneyinv...nse-white-house]not much of a fan.

Of course, he's just a capitalist-pig-running-dog-lacky-of the bourgoise and robber barons like the Rockefellers who's opinion counts for nothing.

Actually his past track record should tell you that his opinion does count for nothing.

Hopefully your financial portfolio didn’t include stock in Bear Stearns, but it might have if you had listened to CNBC’s Jim Cramer.

After it was announced March 16 that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) was purchasing Bear Stearns Cos. (NYSE:BSC) for $2 a share, the stock plummeted over 80 percent at the open of trading on March 17.

But, on March 11, Cramer told an e-mailer not to sell the beleaguered investment bank’s stock on his show’s Web site:

“Dear Jim: Should I be worried about Bear Stearns in terms of liquidity and get my money out of there? --Peter

Cramer says: “No! No! No! Bear Stearns is not in trouble. If anything, they’re more likely to be taken over. Don’t move your money from Bear.”

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2...0317110946.aspx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Dear Jim: Should I be worried about Bear Stearns in terms of liquidity and get my money out of there? --Peter

Cramer says: “No! No! No! Bear Stearns is not in trouble. ”

You know what's funny? If you swap Jim Cramer's name with Barney Frank's, and Bear Stearns with Fannie and Freddie, the similarities are almost uncanny.

There have been a lot of articles tracking Cramer's picks and taken has a whole, he consistently UNDERperforms any broad measure of the market. In the one I read in Forbes (I think), they showed that betting against Cramer in 2008 made you 10% while betting with him lost something like 50%.

There have been a lot of articles tracking Cramer's picks and taken has a whole, he consistently UNDERperforms any broad measure of the market. In the one I read in Forbes (I think), they showed that betting against Cramer in 2008 made you 10% while betting with him lost something like 50%.

Until this thread, I've never even heard of the guy (guess who doesn't watch CNBC). Of course, Buffet got beaten by the S&P over the last 12 months.

He's just a personality and you don't seek financial advice based on personality. If that were the case I would have been out of business a long time ago.

CNBC is a joke...80% of the on air personalities are morons.....at times it is unwatchable

I only watch it because I know my clients watch it and that way I can be prepared when they say "well I heard so and so on CNBC say.....".

Until this thread, I've never even heard of the guy (guess who doesn't watch CNBC). Of course, Buffet got beaten by the S&P over the last 12 months.

The dude is a joke. Imagine what would happen if a financial adviser had a TV show using the set from Romper Room and the tone of Crazy Eddie.

"His prices are INSAAAANNNEEE!!!"

The dude is a joke. Imagine what would happen if a financial adviser had a TV show using the set from Romper Room and the tone of Crazy Eddie.

"His prices are INSAAAANNNEEE!!!"

Which explains why President BO's attack machine has him in their sights.

Criticize the anointed one and take your seat on the bus headed to the intersection of Personal Demonization and Destruction.

CNBC is a joke...80% of the on air personalities are morons.....at times it is unwatchable

If you're including Becky Quick or Margaret Brennan in that statement, I'm going to come up there and kill you! :rolleyes:

:lol:

BTW, the scuttlebutt is that Erin Burnett went and got herself some new boobies. [insert inflation joke here.] I look forward to the cage-match with Michelle Caruso-Cabrera.

If you're including Becky Quick or Margaret Brennan in that statement, I'm going to come up there and kill you! :rolleyes:

:lol:

BTW, the scuttlebutt is that Erin Burnett went and got herself some new boobies. [insert inflation joke here.] I look forward to the cage-match with Michelle Caruso-Cabrera.

lol....I hate when they have 9 boxes on the screen with 6 people talking and Melissa Francis has her sh-- eating grin on.....BTW I dig Erin Burnett, but my fave CNBC hottie is....Rebecca Jarvis...another thing...what was the german lady they used to have on a few years ago....sort of looked like Buela Ballbricker from Porky's

lol....I hate when they have 9 boxes on the screen with 6 people talking and Melissa Francis has her sh-- eating grin on.....BTW I dig Erin Burnett, but my fave CNBC hottie is....Rebecca Jarvis...another thing...what was the german lady they used to have on a few years ago....sort of looked like Buela Ballbricker from Porky's

Silvia Wadhwa? :thumbdown: Actually, she probably knows her stuff. She's obviously not there for her looks.

I miss Liz "This Rack Went to the Sorbonne" Claman. Now that's a lady!

Edit: Nope - Erin Burnett hasn't had anything done. Just looking at her on HBO now. She's another really, really great lady. Really.

• 4 months later...
So now the economy is saved and fixed. It's President BO's economy from here on out.

Sweet.

The Dow is not the economy. :devil:

And Obama's got as little to do with this rally as he did with the decline after his inauguration. Less, even - necessary though it may have been, the administration pushing GM into bankruptcy and driving the stock price to zero was no small part of the early-year decline.

The Dow is not the economy. :devil:

And Obama's got as little to do with this rally as he did with the decline after his inauguration. Less, even - necessary though it may have been, the administration pushing GM into bankruptcy and driving the stock price to zero was no small part of the early-year decline.

Hope so. Don't want to think it might have been the ole PPT giving us the kick save at 3:45 PM on July 9 and 10, just as the market was about to break the key S&P 875 level and leg downward, now would we? And look, on July 13 Merry Whitney, the biggest bear of them all, comes out with a bullish call on banks and away we go....nah, that stuff is just for movies.