To revisit the whole Gonzalez saga

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/74654

According to Charley Casserly, based on his discussions with Chiefs execs:

"There were two teams at the end that were interested, Buffalo and Green Bay. Buffalo offered a third-round draft choice. Tony Gonzalez declined to go to Buffalo. " In Green Bay's case, they offered a third-round draft choice, but there were contingencies on Gonzalez finishing his career. There was some discussion. They couldn't come to an agreement about how signing-bonus money would be paid and by what team." .

This report goes on to say:

Both ESPN's Chris Mortensen and the NFL Network's Adam Schefter said Kansas City's demand for a second-rounder was a deal-breaker, but both provided other details

To hell with him then. Go ahead and rot in KC. I hope he is aware of games like yesterday and doubts creep into his mind about his silly decision.

Why do so many people on this board talk about Gonzalez as if he's a war criminal, just because he didn't want to play in buffalo? Maybe he doesn't like the city. Maybe he doesn't want to play in the cold. His contract has terms for him to block a trade and exercised that privilege. You can't expect 100% of the NFL to love Buffalo and want to play here.

TG is a first ballot HOFamer, he's given a lot to the NFL, and if he doesn't want to play in a particular city I'm not going to fault him for that.

Why do so many people on this board talk about Gonzalez as if he's a war criminal, just because he didn't want to play in buffalo? Maybe he doesn't like the city. Maybe he doesn't want to play in the cold. His contract has terms for him to block a trade and exercised that privilege. You can't expect 100% of the NFL to love Buffalo and want to play here.

TG is a first ballot HOFamer, he's given a lot to the NFL, and if he doesn't want to play in a particular city I'm not going to fault him for that.

Nice try, Tony. Nice try.

Your a hall of fame tight end, playing for a crappy team, and you only have a couple of years left in the tank. Would you want to be traded to a team that has been a laughing stock for the past decade, but were recently able to put together a 4-1 record? I love the Bills, but it is hard to fault Gonzo.

As a Bills fan since he rejected us it is within our rights to hate him...... we can choose to hate if we want

Very balmy in KC this time of year.

Why do so many people on this board take the side of a betrayer? If an NFL player -HOFer or bum off the street- says he doesn't WANT to play for Buffalo, his soul shall rot in hell. Amen. What's so difficult to understand about that??

Why do so many people on this board take the side of a betrayer? If an NFL player -HOFer or bum off the street- says he doesn't WANT to play for Buffalo, his soul shall rot in hell. Amen. What's so difficult to understand about that??

I'd make this rule dependent upon the reason they didn't want to play for Buffalo, but otherwise I'm ok with it.

Gonzo is ghay! :lol:

No, seriously...I don't understand his logic...ok, so we're NOT a big media market, but we have the most die-hard passionate fans in the league. Coming from KC, another great fan base, he should appreciate that. We have a great up and coming team with a pretty good coaching staff that guys like to play for. Um...so what's his real beef with us? Fess up Tony!