JP Supporters

Virgil

I am a JP supporter. Have been since day one. I just love the kid and was really excited for last season when he was our starter from the getgo. It really hit home when that issue of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle came out with him standing in front of the city of Buffalo talking about how much he wants to give back to the great city. Honestly, the kid just seemed like a great, caring guy who wanted nothing more than to be a successful qb for the Bills.

With that being said, I know truly believe that Trent is our guy. I don't say it begrudgingly because I never disliked Trent. I merely didn't like that he wasn't JP. But now, I just can't deny any longer that, for what the Bills try to do on offense, there is no better QB for us than Trent.

My question to all the other JP supporters, do you know not feel the same way? If so, I'd be curious to hear your reasoning.

Also, I must say that I am torn on JP right now. While I love him being a Bill, I also want him to have his chance to play. I almost wanted to see him get traded to the Vikings cause I think his style of play would fit in great there. I don't want to see him leave, but I want to see what he has in the tank.

Go Bills

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a JP supporter. Have been since day one. I just love the kid and was really excited for last season when he was our starter from the getgo. It really hit home when that issue of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle came out with him standing in front of the city of Buffalo talking about how much he wants to give back to the great city. Honestly, the kid just seemed like a great, caring guy who wanted nothing more than to be a successful qb for the Bills.

With that being said, I know truly believe that Trent is our guy. I don't say it begrudgingly because I never disliked Trent. I merely didn't like that he wasn't JP. But now, I just can't deny any longer that, for what the Bills try to do on offense, there is no better QB for us than Trent.

My question to all the other JP supporters, do you know not feel the same way? If so, I'd be curious to hear your reasoning.

Also, I must say that I am torn on JP right now. While I love him being a Bill, I also want him to have his chance to play. I almost wanted to see him get traded to the Vikings cause I think his style of play would fit in great there. I don't want to see him leave, but I want to see what he has in the tank.

Go Bills

After the jacksonvill game i was convinced Trents style of play suited us better and im glad hes our starter and like you said i never had a problem with him last year he showed promise and good smarts but i didnt like the idea of starting over but he seems to get it.

As for JP i'm glad hes our backup. Hes a good sparkplug and better than most of the backups in the league right now. I want him around for this season. Trent takes alot of hits we need him this year until Chroise is ready to take over enxt year. Jp is a great sparkplug (Jets, KC) someone will give him a chance to compete with their number one pick next year kansas city most likely but like most QBs in his position he will be a career backup. Its sad because i also loved that article about him cleaning the city and putting his heart and soul into the team. It made me proud of a QB for the first time since Kelly. In the right situation he may have been great, just not here

Go Bills

I have always believed, and still do, that JP can play in the NFL. During his career with the Bills I would have liked to see him perform in a competently-designed (and called) offense like Turk's, and also given the ability to audible.

Having said this, there is no longer a question in my mind that the coaches' judgement in starting Trent over JP was the right one. Trent's learning curve is much steeper than JP's was, Trent's temperment inspires confidence, and his game management is superior to JP's. Trent is the right QB for this team.

I too was and still am a JP supporter. He was treated very poorly and not given much of a chance to succeed under the previous regime and unfortunately by the time the new staff was in place he was too far gone for their liking. I don't think Dicky and Co. were fair to him in certain situations either but they made their choice with Trent and so far it has been a good one. I think JP would flourish in Turk's offense as it actually has some structure to it and that is what he needs. He will get his chance in the NFL and when he does I hope he is able to prove all of his naysayers wrong. As another poster said they think he will be a career back up. I'm not so sure about that because we haven't really seen JP at his full potential with a good line and a strong supporting cast.

I like what I have seen from TE so far and I bellieve he is a good QB.

I still believe Fairchild was the problem and that JP will start for another team next year.(hopefully not in the AFC East)

4-0 Go Bills

I like what I have seen from TE so far and I bellieve he is a good QB.

I still believe Fairchild was the problem and that JP will start for another team next year.(hopefully not in the AFC East)

4-0 Go Bills

no worries there....no team in the east is gonna start this guy after seeing him upclose twice a year, he just cant process information quick enough to be a top QB in this league.

Go Bills

Id like to see him signed as a backup

I'm a Bills supporter, first. I like JP, think he has great talent and has a chance to be very, very good in this league. He very was poorly handled, by the Bills, though, and probably needs to rebuild his confidence to be an effective starter in the NFL.

I like him as a #2, this year. He seems to have a good approach for that, and there is a different kind of pressure, and lower expectations, from a #2 QB. If needed for a short period of time, I have faith that he will do a good job for the team. The playcalling is more suited to Edward's strengths, but at least we now have a competent OC, who I believe can call a less predictable game. That helps any QB. Long term, though, it is probably better for both he and the Bills if JP goes elsewhere. JP will have another shot to be #1 somewhere, and the Bills can get an experienced #2, and/or a young developmental QB. Actually, Hamden looks to be a decent developmental QB, but he isn't exactly young.

no worries there....no team in the east is gonna start this guy after seeing him upclose twice a year, he just cant process information quick enough to be a top QB in this league.

Strange, then, how he processed info fast enough in this preseason under a competent OC well enough to be better than Trent. Look up the stats.

I wouldn't put JP in now if I was the coach. But I do believe that if Trent goes down that there will not be a significant dropoff. And that if he finds the right situation - and there are a lot more wrong situations than right ones out there - he will be top-level QB. And I agree that I don't want to see him in the AFC East.

Thank you Colorado State! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :lol:

Ha ha ha ha. Nice. Whenever I fly into Denver International, I see Fairchild's picture in the airport in a huge poster advertising CSU's green (in the energy sense) buildings. And I say a little prayer for CSU.

Ha ha ha ha. Nice. Whenever I fly into Denver International, I see Fairchild's picture in the airport in a huge poster advertising CSU's green (in the energy sense) buildings. And I say a little prayer for CSU.

Maybe he is a good enough HC to make sure he doesn't call the plays.

Go Bills

Trent has played quite well this year. He's had some lousy halves of games but has yet to have a poor complete game this season. Still a long way to go this year, but if he continues to refine his game, he looks like a good one in the making. Trent's style of play and personality look to be a much better fit for what Jauron wants from his QB. If Trent finishes the season well, I'd expect his agent to ask for a new deal. He's so far underpaid that I think the Bills will have to do something. Hopefully it won't turn into a problem.

I still believe that JP will be a good starting QB for a number of years. He needs a change of scenery. I don't think there is any scenario that keeps him in Buffalo beyond this year and I think a few teams will compete to sign him this off-season. He'll leave with tremedous motivation and I expect him to turn that into something good for himself and his next team. Look forward to watching him play down the road.

I'm a Bills supporter, first. I like JP, think he has great talent and has a chance to be very, very good in this league. He very was poorly handled, by the Bills, though, and probably needs to rebuild his confidence to be an effective starter in the NFL.

I like him as a #2, this year. He seems to have a good approach for that, and there is a different kind of pressure, and lower expectations, from a #2 QB. If needed for a short period of time, I have faith that he will do a good job for the team. The playcalling is more suited to Edward's strengths, but at least we now have a competent OC, who I believe can call a less predictable game. That helps any QB. Long term, though, it is probably better for both he and the Bills if JP goes elsewhere. JP will have another shot to be #1 somewhere, and the Bills can get an experienced #2, and/or a young developmental QB. Actually, Hamden looks to be a decent developmental QB, but he isn't exactly young.

You & I have similar opinions of JP, how the Bills mishandled his development, and his potential to still become a decent NFL QB with the right team - question is, with the trading deadline about 2 weeks away, do you try to get something for the guy? If someone's QB goes down in the next 2 weeks, can we get a 3rd round pick for Losman? I'm thinking Hamdan can step in as #2 right now.

(I believe Jared Lorenzen is still available, if we need a #3. :lol: )

You & I have similar opinions of JP, how the Bills mishandled his development, and his potential to still become a decent NFL QB with the right team - question is, with the trading deadline about 2 weeks away, do you try to get something for the guy? If someone's QB goes down in the next 2 weeks, can we get a 3rd round pick for Losman? I'm thinking Hamdan can step in as #2 right now.

(I believe Jared Lorenzen is still available, if we need a #3. :lol: )

Good question, Sen. I think it would have to be a hell of a deal. A 3rd rounder would be tempting...but I doubt that deal is out there.

I like Hamden, too...but, what if Edwards goes down while the Bills are making a big playoff push? I think Jauron is too conservative/safe/practical to let this season rest on Gilbran's arm. I'm not sure the "Hefty Lefty" is an answer for this team.

This statement right here shows you do not have the ability to process any information. If you and all your JP hater buddies can't see JP was in a no win situation from the moment he was drafted then there is no helping you!

You may be too young to remember, but the same thing (and worse) was said about Terry Bradshaw. He turned out OK.

Thank you Colorado State! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :unsure:

Colorado State is 2-2 and just took a wipping from Cal 42-7.

That's about right for a Fairchild O. :lol:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/cco/schedule

“I’m more concerned right now, just because I think for the first time since I’ve been here, we took a step back in the way we prepared,” Fairchild said.

Sounds like a quote from last year with the Bills.

Nothing but excuses.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...ype=team_report