To watch or not to watch?

scribo

No, I am not talking about the "most anticipated vice-presidential candidate debate in history." I am asking about "America's Game: The Missing Rings," which airs for the first time tonight at 10.

As TBD's very own Tim Graham puts, it was the "most agonizing night" of my sporting life.

I think I have to watch because the commercials promise interviews with my childhood heroes and insight not told before. But it is going to hurt.

Will you or won't you watch?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am not talking about the "most anticipated vice-presidential candidate debate in history." I am asking about "America's Game: The Missing Rings," which airs for the first time tonight at 10.

As TBD's very own Tim Graham puts, it was the "most agonizing night" of my sporting life.

I think I have to watch because the commercials promise interviews with my childhood heroes and insight not told before. But it is going to hurt.

Will you or won't you watch?

OK, scribo, now I have to explain it to the girlfriend on why we are not watching the second half of the debate tonight.

:thumbsup:

OK, scribo, now I have to explain it to the girlfriend on why we are not watching the second half of the debate tonight.

:thumbsup:

I have a feeling that about 15 minutes of that debate will be too much to take. OTOH, the special on the Bills may be hard to take, too.

I'm not only watching it, I'm DVR-ing it. Yes, I know how it turns out.. :thumbsup: But the series premiere last week about the '69 Vikings wasn't as much about their loss to KC in the last AFL/NFL SB as it was about their whole season and the trials and tribs of each opponent.

Remember back to that fabulous season of ours in '90 Bills fans: Biscuit KOing Indy's rookie QB and opening up with the No-huddle in the season opener; the 77 Second Miracle vs. Denver; late game herorics vs the Raiders and Jets -all in succession; the 'Battle of New York @ the G-Men where both teams lost their QB's for the rest of the reg season; Frank Reich's rise to immortality vs. the Fish in game 15; the memorable playoff opener with JK returning vs. the Fish; 51-3! vs. the Raiders in the Conference title game!!

A season for the ages in Bills lore!!

I'll just turn it off after Kelly gets us to the 30 yd. line in the waning seconds of THAT GAME...

I encourage all who can to watch it.

Sorry guys, I just can't do it. This "missing rings" show was MADE for our team.

I know I'm not the only one who does this, but everytime I see that damn kick, I keep hoping that somehow it will go through, like the opposite of that crazy sports commercial (gatorade?) that show's Clark missing "the Catch", Jorden missing the "shot", etc...

Remember back to that fabulous season of ours in '90 Bills fans: Biscuit KOing Indy's rookie QB and opening up with the No-huddle in the season opener; the 77 Second Miracle vs. Denver; late game herorics vs the Raiders and Jets -all in succession; the 'Battle of New York @ the G-Men where both teams lost their QB's for the rest of the reg season; Frank Reich's rise to immortality vs. the Fish in game 15; the memorable playoff opener with JK returning vs. the Fish; 51-3! vs. the Raiders in the Conference title game!!

A season for the ages in Bills lore!!

I have all of those on VHS which I need to dub over to DVD - maybe I should just start that instead...

I'm putting the special on the DVR and will watch it eventually.

I was at a party in Kenmore with about 20 other people during that game. Everybody was crying at the end. Not only that, but I had to get up at 6:00am to drive home. Depressed, hung-over, and driving through an entire city that was just as depressed and hung-over as I was. I Don't think I'm going to be reliving that anytime soon......

I was at Tampa Stadium for that game and swear to you for almost a second and a half I thought the kick was good and the Refs were taking one step forward, about to throw their hands in the air.

OMG, that hurt. The Giants fans around my brother and I were going nuts.

To use a word that has gotten much play nowadays but was also appropriate then, I guess what I was thinking was...

...Really?

I cancelled my NFL ticket this year because I prefer to go to the Bills Bar and watch with other fans. But now I have no NFL network.

Can anyone records it for me? I'd be so grateful.

:worthy:

You dont need the Sunday Ticket to get Nfl Network on Directv.You only need the Sports package.Btw I WILL be watching because those the greastest years in Bills history.Sure itll be painfull to see the Superbowls again,but think about the fantastic ride that got us too the Superbowls. :lol:

You dont need the Sunday Ticket to get Nfl Network on Directv.You only need the Sports package.Btw I WILL be watching because those the greastest years in Bills history.Sure itll be painfull to see the Superbowls again,but think about the fantastic ride that got us too the Superbowls. :lol:

Actually you don't need the sports package either, it is included on Direct TV at no extra charge. :worthy: