How Big Has Josh Reed Been This Year?

I think we all need to give Josh some credit for his play this year. Compared to his dropped passes and trouble holding onto the ball the past years he looks like a brand new wide receiver. Who needs Hardy when we have another Reed? By the way check out the new 68 seconds with Langston Walker. It's pretty damn funny!

http://www.buffalobills.com

I think we all need to give Josh some credit for his play this year. Compared to his dropped passes and trouble holding onto the ball the past years he looks like a brand new wide receiver. Who needs Hardy when we have another Reed? By the way check out the new 68 seconds with Langston Walker. It's pretty damn funny!

I really like what Reed brings to the offense. He has been playing well for a couple of years now. That being said, I would like to see Hardy develop in to a bonafide WR. If he can contribute the way I think he can then this offense could be something special as players mature.

It's easy to overlook Reed's contributions when the team is losing close games; he has been doing these things for several years now and it's nice to see him receive the overdue accolades.

I think Reed got a lot of undeserved blame when we were losing. Fans wanted him to be a number one WR (or at least a possession-type 2 guy) right away in year 2 (after Peerless left). He wasn't and people gave up on him and even ridiculed Marv when he re-signed him.

This is the real question that I've wanted to ask for the past couple of weeks: Has Josh Reed lived up to his second round pick status with the Bills? Or do people still view him as a bust?

I personally am of the opinion that it doesn't really matter where you take a guy, as long as he can contribute to the team for more than one contract, he is OK with me. Reed to me was a bit of an enigma in that you could see the talent, but he seemed to have concentration problems; thus not really contributing consistently, but did contribute.

So what do you think - bust or no bust?

It's easy to overlook Reed's contributions when the team is losing close games; he has been doing these things for several years now and it's nice to see him receive the overdue accolades.

I think he might be so frequently overlooked because of a hangover from the disappointment and frustration we all felt after his first few couple of seasons. There were more than a couple of raised eyebrows around here (mine included) after he was re-signed.

Maybe the guys at OBD really do know something we don't? :lol:

I'll be the 1st to admit that he's been lights out this year but he wasn't present in that Rams game. Hardy has been a huge disappointment dropping easy balls. If Reed doesn't show big time these next few weeks, we'll go into a tailspin. :lol:

Guest dog14787
I'll be the 1st to admit that he's been lights out this year but he wasn't present in that Rams game. Hardy has been a huge disappointment dropping easy balls. If Reed doesn't show big time these next few weeks, we'll go into a tailspin. :lol:

Easy drops? Jame Hardy needs more seperation, better body positioning and better timing with TE and it all takes time.

Totally agree about Reed. Really glad he's on the team. I wouldn't say "Who needs Hardy" because they need his size in certain situations and he WILL become a big contributor as he matures, but Reed is extremely valuable to this team -- and he's a good downfield blocker, too, and ticks people off (e.g. Raiders' Wilson). Very valuable.

Totally agree about Reed. Really glad he's on the team. I wouldn't say "Who needs Hardy" because they need his size in certain situations and he WILL become a big contributor as he matures, but Reed is extremely valuable to this team -- and he's a good downfield blocker, too, and ticks people off (e.g. Raiders' Wilson). Very valuable.

He pissed off a St Louis DB last week, too. There seems to be a little skirmish just about every game. Reed is enormously valuable to this team.

Reed's dropsies were a one-to-two year problem, but the reputation stuck even though it didn't reflect reality.

As for the continued remarks that Hardy is a disappointment, WTF? There have been two games in his entire four game career, when he has been asked to contribute. He caught a game winning TD the first time, and looked like a rookie who needs work, the second time. If that counts as a huge disappointment, you are far too easily disappointed. He will get more opportunities as the year progresses. It's far too early to have any real feeling for how he will eventually turn out.

Reed's nickname this year (in our household) is "Money". 2nd and 7? 3rd and 7? Who gets the call? That guy is money in the bank this year. Watch for him to get a LOT more defensive attention as the year goes on. The best thing that could happen is that I'm wrong on that statement, because that guy is like punching a clock. Money. Automatic.

Reed's nickname this year (in our household) is "Money". 2nd and 7? 3rd and 7? Who gets the call? That guy is money in the bank this year. Watch for him to get a LOT more defensive attention as the year goes on. The best thing that could happen is that I'm wrong on that statement, because that guy is like punching a clock. Money. Automatic.

Original.