Will Greer be too expensive to keep?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he keeps playing like this he'll be one of the top FA CB's.

Unfortunately, I think Jabari will be too expensive to keep. Even though most casual fans haven't heard of him around the league, you can bet your bottom dollar that scouts and GM's have. However, we do have Youboty, McKelvin, and Reggie Corner (looked real good in preseason) waiting in the wings, so we shouldn't be in too much trouble.

Hmmmm...or we could resign him before the end of the year

Let's hope so. Maybe...just maybe the fact that he can be a starter on an exciting young team-that's hopefully just rounding into long-term Super Bowl form-will be somewhat of an enticement for him to accept a slightly lesser deal than he might get elsewhere.

As it says in the Bible: "For what doth it profit a man to gain an extra mil but lose his soul playing for the Raiders?"

Anyway, please -no one burst my bubble...I want to dream that this is actually possible.

Let's hope so. Maybe...just maybe the fact that he can be a starter on an exciting young team-that's hopefully just rounding into long-term Super Bowl form-will be somewhat of an enticement for him to accept a slightly lesser deal than he might get elsewhere.

As it says in the Bible: "For what doth it profit a man to gain an extra mil but lose his soul playing for the Raiders?"

Anyway, please -no one burst my bubble...I want to dream that this is actually possible.

good call.....btw...change your signature!

Hmmmm...or we could resign him before the end of the year

That would require a colossally stupid Greer and agent.

He will make far more money in UFA, where dollars flow like cheap beer at a Polish wedding, than what the Bills would offer him (what with our new surfeit of CBs). The only thing Greer would get by re-signing mid-year would be a relatively small cushion in the chance that he gets seriously hurt. In an era where Dre Bly (whose fundamental corner skills were iffy, but managed to have a monster INT year) several years ago got double-digit millions, you don't even consider it a gamble --- you test the market.

Greer played solid last year, and if he keeps up this level of play, well, good for him. It's win-win, at least this year. The Bills will get great production from a hungry player that could be a difference-maker come playoff-time, and he'll get a fat contract from someone next year. This won't be the Bills unless something drastic happens injury-wise, and probably not even then. We'll all wish him luck except when he's playing against us.

The FO drafted this year similarly to previous years; draft a year ahead to replace guys who you figure will be gone.

If he keeps playing like this he'll be one of the top FA CB's.

Look at how much money Ralph has pocketed these last 3 seasons. IIRC he's had well over $8 Million in cash to cap left to line his pockets.

A Million saved is a million earned. Ralph has a team. If he wants it to remain in the playoffs and he wants a SB trophy he has to spend.

Yup, Greer will be gone, but thats the reason McKelvin and Corner were drafted. Also, with Youboty stepping up, i think we can afford to lose greeg, and focus our dollars on Peters and Evans. Given the amount of $ being tossed around recently, it wouldn't surprise me to see Greer get something along the lines of a 6 year, 40 million contract with 10-12 guaranteed.

Yup, Greer will be gone, but thats the reason McKelvin and Corner were drafted. Also, with Youboty stepping up, i think we can afford to lose greeg, and focus our dollars on Peters and Evans and Edwards. Given the amount of $ being tossed around recently, it wouldn't surprise me to see Greer get something along the lines of a 6 year, 40 million contract with 10-12 guaranteed.

Fixed.

Find a way to keep Greer. Dont sit here and say well we have McKelvin & Corner waiting in the wings......

If the dude can play which Greer can, try your best to keep the guy. I get sick of seeing my team let good players walk. Seriously, Id love to see the front office do what they can to keep Greer.