Kiffin Gone

Wacka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per usual, I think Davis is making a mistake. The Raider team I saw over the last three weeks played hard for Kiffin; they honestly and legitimately could be 3-1. Sure, they blew late leads, but their team (particularly on offense) is very young.

Has Ryan screwed himself out of a HC job with 2 4th quarter defensive collapses in a row?

Since this is Davis we're talking about...probably not.

Yeah, I thought the point in getting rid of Kiffin was so Ryan could take the position? I had heard before though that Davis has a reputation for interviewing people he has no intention of hiring just so he can pick their brain for ideas and plays, and schemes, etc. Maybe thats what he is doing to some of the assistants before he shows them the door along with Kiffin?

The local paper (Contra Costa Times) says that Davis is firing Kiffin this AM and is already interviewing the assistants coaches for his replacement. One of the candidates is James Lofton.

Since you live in the Bay area, what do the fans think about this? Last time they fired a coach at week 4, it was Shanny. While he's not my favorite coach by any stretch, you can't argue with the success he's had in Denver.

Are the fans getting closer to turning on Davis, or are they resigned to the fact that it's just business as usual for the Raiders?

No offense to the OP, but untill I see a valid link, I'm not buyin' it.

What a mess there. Maybe Ralph made a mistake bailing them out in the mid-60's.. :ph34r:

Last night during the second half of Monday Night Football they said Davis was interviewing the assistant coaches.

Since you live in the Bay area, what do the fans think about this? Last time they fired a coach at week 4, it was Shanny. While he's not my favorite coach by any stretch, you can't argue with the success he's had in Denver.

Are the fans getting closer to turning on Davis, or are they resigned to the fact that it's just business as usual for the Raiders?

It's mostly Al can do no wrong, but there is a growing group saying that he should step down as GM and /or sell the team.

I posted as soon as I saw the morning paper.

Here is the link:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports

We've been hearing this for way too long now and until its actually a done deal I am not putting much stock into it.

It was about 80% of the front page of the sports section this AM. The rest of the page was about the bad A's and Giants seasons. If they went with it that much, I lay good odds it is a done deal.

Of course in Buffalo, It would be on the front page of the whole paper.

Remember, it is still ~8:30 AM here. Davis probably isn't up yet.