I may get flamed but, is Jackson better than Lynch?

Reed83HOF

Let me say this - I love both of our backs. They are a great tandem...

I know I may get flamed for this; but why does Freddie seem to rip bigger runs off than Marshawn? Do teams focus less on Freddie? Does the O-line block better? :sick:

I know Marshawn has more attempts, it just seems that Freddie does more with his opportunities than Marshawn....Lynch gets a ton of 3 or 4 yds runs and Freddie always seems to rip a long one...

Thoughts?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your answer lies in your first sentence....they are a great tandem....from what i can see, Marshawn is more of a bruising runner and Jackson is more of a speedy runner....defenses are kept off balance with the inclusion of both of them in the backfield

I know I may get flamed for this; but why does Freddie seem to rip bigger runs off than Marshawn? Do teams focus less on Freddie? Does the O-line block better? :sick:

I know Marshawn has more attempts, it just seems that Freddie does more with his opportunities than Marshawn....Lynch gets a ton of 3 or 4 yds runs and Freddie always seems to rip a long one...

Thoughts?

jackson finds the hole a bit better and is a better pass catcher.

lynch has more size, speed, cut back ability, strength, and is just plain painful to tackle.

lynch has more rarer skills, but jackson is perhaps featured in our O better. now if lynch can be a better pass catcher, watch out.

Thoughts?

Nobody, NOBODY, works as hard for his yards like Marshawn Lynch. We should feel blessed that we have TWO talented running backs with two different running styles. Despite our questionable O-line, these guys are getting it DONE.

Thoughts?

I think Lynch is much better but Jackson has a quick burst and doesn't hesitate -- which is a bit of an advantage with the horrible run blocking. Moreover, I don't think Jackson could carry the load like Lynch does.

i think your answer lies in your first sentence....they are a great tandem....from what i can see, Marshawn is more of a bruising runner and Jackson is more of a speedy runner....defenses are kept off balance with the inclusion of both of them in the backfield

I total agree with you.

I have been waiting to see if someone else would've posted this yet...I am sure a few others may have at least pondered this...I love them both and it is great!! We haven't had this since Kenny and Thurmal :rolleyes::flirt:

I share these same thoughts, it's not like Lynch is slow though. Look at Freddies TD today, there was a huge hole for him - I just don't think I have seen that big of a hole ever for Lynch...When Freddis catches a pass - watch out; when he runs he gets good yardage. Lynch seems to get stood up a lot more...

jackson finds the hole a bit better and is a better pass catcher.

lynch has more size, speed, cut back ability, strength, and is just plain painful to tackle.

lynch has more rarer skills, but jackson is perhaps featured in our O better. now if lynch can be a better pass catcher, watch out.

The biggest thing is the opponent defenses Tee off on Lynch, knowing that he is our biggest asset, whereas when Fred Jackson is in the game, the defenses Tee off on Edwards hoping that it is either a pass to Jackson or down field.

They're both great and we're fortunate to have these two great RBs on our team. Lynch is the better back IMO, but I absolutely love Coe College.

Yes, great to have both. I really wish people would stop playing the comparison game -- Lynch vs. Jackson, TE vs. JP, etc. blah, blah, blah.

TEAM -- that's what we have and it's great!

The skill set of each is different. The bills attempt a variety of plays for Jackson that they would not for Lynch.

Personally I think that the screen pass is again under utilized in this offense.

Another play that I keep thinking they are setting up when both backs are in is a reverse that starts with Lynch, and goes to Jackson. That, I would like to see.

(reed8383 @ Sep 28 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I may get flamed but, is Jackson better than Lynch?

No, but he is damn good.

After Taylor and Jones-Drew, the Bills may have the best 1-2 RB punch in the league.

After seeing the effort that Lynch is putting in this season I don't know how anyone could make this assertion. While Jackson is a good RB and a wonderful player and makes a great contribution to the team. Lynch has exceptional talent and puts in maximum effort on every play. He has the potential to be a hall of fame caliber player as a starting RB. Jackson has the potential to have a long and productive NFL career as a role player.

On a side note did you also think Frank Reich was a better QB than Jim Kelly?

Nobody, NOBODY, works as hard for his yards like Marshawn Lynch. We should feel blessed that we have TWO talented running backs with two different running styles. Despite our questionable O-line, these guys are getting it DONE.

I can't wait til the O-Line gels later this year. The offense might start having great first halves too.

Lynch- grinds :rolleyes:

Jackson- glides :flirt:

I am amazed Dick Jauron preferred Anthony Thomas over Fred Jackson last year. ;)

Good analysis.

Anthony Thomas who? BTW, Dwayne Wright is currently unemployed. Big surprise.