James Hardy

Guest dog14787

You always man up...I'll give you that.

Week 4 .....Ryan Denney still has twice as many yards as Hardy.

Wilcots did a good job pointing out Hardy's errors (and there were lots of them...). He's a work in progress. And there's a lot of work that needs to be done. Back to the film room kid!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
he's got the tools though. He had his horrible game... If he's a smart player, he'll adjust how he runs his routes and get those catches next time.

Missing Roscoe Parish was very evident today, Roscoe plays awful big for such a small fella.

Most wideouts take a year to develop. There's a lot more involved in playing WR in the NFL than in college. James has all the physical tools, but he's going to have to learn to read defenses better pre-snap and on the fly. His routes need to be a lot more precise and he can't allow DB's to knock him off his route.

It took Moulds and Andre Reed time to get in sync too.

he's got the tools though. He had his horrible game... If he's a smart player, he'll adjust how he runs his routes and get those catches next time.

That's right. He's a rook who had a really bad day. In the end, it didn't cost the team. But, for those wondering why he wasn't playing more, now you know.

I won't pass judgment on him, based on his play today.

(BTW, another gutty performance by Josh Reed.)

Most wideouts take a year to develop. There's a lot more involved in playing WR in the NFL than in college. James has all the physical tools, but he's going to have to learn to read defenses better pre-snap and on the fly. His routes need to be a lot more precise and he can't allow DB's to knock him off his route.

Tell that to Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal.

Disappointing day for him today. He had his chances early, and although it was a case of pretty good coverage, he didn't step up like a superstar would.

He has a long way to go, but it's not too bad for a rookie receiver so far. So far, he looks to be a role player.

Hardy has the makings of a solid receiver, but there are going to be a lot of growing pains. He needed to catch the first down grab that he dropped. The ball hit him in the hands. You have got to catch those. I think he is going to get better as the season wears on and I think that the playing time he will get, with Roscoe out, is going to help him immensely. Even if he is not thrown to much, he will get practice at running his routes more precisely. That will allow him to get open a bit more, and hopefully he will make some catches under those circumstances. I would note that two of the passes thrown to him at or near the endzone in the first half had blatant pass interference on the Rams #22 and that had a serious effect on Hardy's ability to make the play. That's not an excuse, but it certainly is something to consider in how he performed.

Guest dog14787

As much as I like to see James Hardy get playing time maybe this is just to early for him.

Two of these "horrible" plays were not all that bad and can pretty much be categorized as timing being off between Edwards and Hardy. Solomon ripped him for not making a play on that ball along the sideline, however Edwards was putting it towards the line and Hardy was looking for a jump ball - just made him look clueless. These things take time for ANY new QB/WR combo, especially when theyre as young as TE/JH.

After watching him today, I have to question how Hardy ever became an NFL 2nd round draft choice? He stunk. I've never seen a big WR have no clue how to use his body to gain position. He also has no knack for coming back to the ball and catching it at it's highest point?!? Really, a horrible day for Mr. Hardy and I think he has nowhere to go from here but UP.

After watching him today, I have to question how Hardy ever became an NFL 2nd round draft choice? He stunk. I've never seen a big WR have no clue how to use his body to gain position. He also has no knack for coming back to the ball and catching it at it's highest point?!? Really, a horrible day for Mr. Hardy and I think he has nowhere to go from here but UP.

Funny, IIRC, this board used to say the same thing about Roscoe and Josh Reed. Give 'em time. It was his first start ever as the #2 WE.

I think the Lions are looking for a GM, you might fit right in.

I think the Lions are looking for a GM, you might fit right in.

I don't mind Hardy dropping and missing passes. I have a problem with him playing "soft" - He hasn't shown the ability to be aggressive for the ball. It's weird. That has nothing to do with route running and inexperience. It's attitude. So far he hasn't been bringing it...

The guy looks like a monster but doesn't play like one...Jenkins at least is aggressive.

Dude... :flirt: seriously get a grip. the guy was friggin unreal in college, THE BEST at those jump balls all over the field. the timing is off right now, that's all. the first pass way too high and he was wide open, and he struggled on 2 more just after that, but it's not like he was getting chances all game. go look at plaxico burress and brandon marshall's stats and expect the same type of improvement after hardy gets his feet wet a little. the 2nd round comment is just !@#$in retarded though, check out his college stats and ask me how he wasn't a 1st rounder... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but how many guns has Hardy pulled so far though? That's the key question.... ;)

Now...I would have drafted Malcolm Kelly, so it shows you what i know.

Then again, Kelly is only trailing Hardy by 12 yards.

I hope the kid figures it out, but I didn't like him on video...I didn't like his rap sheet....and I didn't like his wonderlic. And once again, Hardy involved in a story about pulling a gun 3 weeks after getting drafted with huge character ??? would be like Reggie Rodgers getting a DUI in front of an elementary school 3 weeks after Bill Polian signed him. It was relevant....and so was being upset that the front office took a risk on a guy like that when you had plenty of other options on the board.

We are 4-0....once again, 1-3 and Hardy would be in ECMC for observation after a game like today.

PS....If all the banks fail by January, can I pay you in Beef Jerkey?

Guest dog14787
Or fizzle :lol:

Thats a Joke,

I haven't given up on you Hardy, none of us have, except maybe ieatcrayonz and I don't know whats up with him ;)

Hardy has the makings of a solid receiver, but there are going to be a lot of growing pains. He needed to catch the first down grab that he dropped. The ball hit him in the hands. You have got to catch those. I think he is going to get better as the season wears on and I think that the playing time he will get, with Roscoe out, is going to help him immensely. Even if he is not thrown to much, he will get practice at running his routes more precisely. That will allow him to get open a bit more, and hopefully he will make some catches under those circumstances. I would note that two of the passes thrown to him at or near the endzone in the first half had blatant pass interference on the Rams #22 and that had a serious effect on Hardy's ability to make the play. That's not an excuse, but it certainly is something to consider in how he performed.

As Solomon said, he needs to learn to get his body between the ball and the defender. Then those guys can't knock the ball down without drawing a penalty.

Guest dog14787
As Solomon said, he needs to learn to get his body between the ball and the defender. Then those guys can't knock the ball down without drawing a penalty.

Recipe for disaster

The more I think about how poorly things went off for James Hardy's against the Rams, the more I wonder if we set this poor fella up for failure.

I mean look at my topic and the whole thrust of my thread. I knew the coaches wanted to get James Hardy involved in the game plan, everyone else on TBD knew the coaches wanted to get hardy involved in the game plan, so wouldn't it be obvious to our opponents also? The Rams said, hey, the Bills will try to get their Rookie involved and off to a fast start so lets disrupt that from happening and sure enough, we tried to go to Hardy early and often. I realize as a play maker say for instance like a Lee Evans, Evans knows he has to make plays regardless of the special attention he recieves and thats what he does, he still goes out and makes plays because he's experienced and one of the best in the business. Hardy on the other hand is a young Rookie taking his first baby steps in the NFL.

Many of my fellow posters mentioned other players worthy of some playing time, maybe a better stadegy is to mix up our #3 with James Hardy, plus Justin Jenkins and Steve Johnson both of whom are aslo showing potential.

I'm not trying to look for excuses for hardy, bottom line is you have to go out and make plays regardless if you are game planned for or not, just trying to make better sense of Hardy's poor start and look for a better solution for the absence of one very valuable WR, Roscoe Parish.

Recipe for disaster

The more I think about how poorly things went off for James Hardy's against the Rams, the more I wonder if we set this poor fella up for failure.

I mean look at my topic and the whole thrust of my thread. I knew the coaches wanted to get James Hardy involved in the game plan, everyone else on TBD knew the coaches wanted to get hardy involved in the game plan, so wouldn't it be obvious to our opponents also? The Rams said, hey, the Bills will try to get their Rookie involved and off to a fast start so lets disrupt that from happening and sure enough, we tried to go to Hardy early and often. I realize as a play maker say for instance like a Lee Evans, Evans knows he has to make plays regardless of the special attention he recieves and thats what he does, he still goes out and makes plays because he's experienced and one of the best in the business. Hardy on the other hand is a young Rookie taking his first baby steps in the NFL.

Many of my fellow posters mentioned other players worthy of some playing time, maybe a better stadegy is to mix up our #3 with James Hardy, plus Justin Jenkins and Steve Johnson both of whom are aslo showing potential.

I'm not trying to look for excuses for hardy, bottom line is you have to go out and make plays regardless if you are game planned for or not, just trying to make better sense of Hardy's poor start and look for a better solution for the absence of one very valuable WR, Roscoe Parish.

Dude, it's game #4 of the kid's career, noone is setting him up for anything. I agreed with this thread a few days ago, and still maintain that Hardy is going to break out soon, but the learning curve for a bigger receiver is greater than that of a small shifty guy (Jackson, Royal). Also, if Trent hits Hardy WIDE OPEN on the first drive, maybe the kid gets more confidence. But that's not a shot at Trent, he played a solid game.

I'm Glad I started Josh Reed instead of Hardy yesterday in my fantasy league but not too worry he's a Work In Progress!!

if you're having to start either reed or hardy in fantasy football, your team can't be in too great of a situation.

Guest dog14787
Dude, it's game #4 of the kid's career, noone is setting him up for anything. I agreed with this thread a few days ago, and still maintain that Hardy is going to break out soon, but the learning curve for a bigger receiver is greater than that of a small shifty guy (Jackson, Royal). Also, if Trent hits Hardy WIDE OPEN on the first drive, maybe the kid gets more confidence. But that's not a shot at Trent, he played a solid game.

I'm not changing my mind about Hardy, thats not what I said.

So what are you saying is, just throw Hardy to the wolves without any thoughts on how young and inexperienced he is? :wallbash:

That doesn't make much sense to me. :w00t:

Recipe for disaster

Why is what I said a recipe for disaster? He does need to learn that technique.

I've read and heard from various sources that developing a rookie WR can take up to 3 years. I wouldn't expect miracles from Hardy this game. But heh, you never know.

Ever heard of Jerry Butler, came in as a rookie and played great. Not impressed with this guy.

Guest dog14787
Recipe for disaster

I can tell by the huge attention Hardy is recieving and for the most part positive that the fans are behind James Hardy despite his slow start. I suppose its easy when we're winning, but the truth of the matter is Rosco Parish's absence has left us with real big shoes to fill. I'm not sure one rookie WR can fill them.

Why not two or three and mix it up, doesn't it make it easier for all of them if one player isn't thrown into the fire alone?

Makes more sense to me to bring rookies in together when you have an opening like this.

Does it make it easy for TE, no, but TE can handle it, TE's accurate enough to take a bumble bee out of the air from 30 yards away. :lol: