Tony Gonzalez Anyone?

billsfans126

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you saying "the Chiefs won't trade Tony Gonzalez"...THEY ACTUALLY WANTED HERM EDWARDS.

:D:lol:<_<

As I recall, they even gave up a draft pick for Edwards. 0:) In fact, a poster directly implied that I was a racist for posting that Edwards seems like a great guy, and a lousy head coach.

As for trading for Gonzalez, the very last thing this Bills team needs to do is trade away a first round draft pick. OK...... make that the next to last. ;)

:D:lol:<_<

As I recall, they even gave up a draft pick for Edwards. 0:) In fact, a poster directly implied that I was a racist for posting that Edwards seems like a great guy, and a lousy head coach.

As for trading for Gonzalez, the very last thing this Bills team needs to do is trade away a first round draft pick. OK...... make that the next to last. ;)

He has taken two different teams to the playoffs and the Jets nearly to a Super Bowl. I would hardly blame the situation in KC on Edwards. That whole organization is a mess. Herm is a pretty good coach IMHO.

In a heart beat. the guy may be 32 but he stays in excellent shape and could be solid for at least 3 more years. Too bad he is the only weapon on a horrible team. Yes LJ is terrible as well. As soon as that OL fell apart so did everything else.

JP and a 3rd or 4th. Wouldnt even think twice about it.

The chiefs will never trade gonzalez. He's the one guy that's the "face" of that franchise. They'll stick with him, in spite of getting picks to improve the team. JP for Gonzalez would make sense for both teams, but Carl Peterson is stubborn. They'd want at least a 1st rd pick for him, and stick to that.

Favre wasn't even a 1st rounder and he has more upside even at 38 than Gonzales does.

However, I am in full agreement that it would take JP and an additional pick, but we are just plain not going to get rid of JP yet.

I am strongly in favor of giving a pick or two for Gonzalez. First of all he provides a great veteran presence to a VERY young offense. This team is built on character and it seems gonzo would be a perfect fit in that regard.

Secondly is the obvious production he provides in a position I'd consider to be our weakest on either side of the ball. With Roscoe being out for the next few weeks, the production increase Tony would give us is even greater.

Most importantly, however, is the fact that Tony still warrants extra attention from defenses. Forcing the opposing defense to choose between doubling Evans or Gonzo is a scary proposition. We've never seen what Lee Evans is capable of in a situation where he is not the only legitimate down-field threat. Imagine an offense that has a top grade deep threat(Evans), a great possession TE to go underneath while still providing some big-play potential (Gonzo) and a red-zone giant(Hardy). You give Turk all this along w/ Jackson/Lynch coming out of the backfield and you have a very, VERY good offense.

If the Chiefs have any brains they should certainly be shopping him around. They're at least 2-3 years away from being a good team and I can't imagine Gonzo wants to finish out his career in a rebuilding situation. I think trading off J.P. is probably too much of a gamble and I doubt the Chiefs have much interest in him. JP would be more of a "quick-fix", KC will be looking to the draft for their QB of the future. I would, however, happily give a 3rd/4th or even a 2nd/4th, something a team beginning the rebuilding process should definitely consider.

The addition of Tony Gonzalez would solidify us as the top contender in a weaker than expected AFC.

Gonzalez would be great, but I wouldn't give up much to get the guy. Gonzalez is on the back end of a possible HOF career and doesn't have but maybe 2 good years left, including this year. I think that Royal is playing the best football of his career right now. He's blocking well and is actually a solid option this year in the passing game. I think our team is on the right track and if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. We need our draft picks to continue to build a juggernaut for years to come. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Profootballtalk.com has learned that an "effort is afoot" in Kansas City to trade Tony Gonzalez.

Gonzo is 32 and probably couldn't net the Chiefs more than a third-round pick, but he deserves a chance to play for a winner and Kansas City has devoted its season to rebuilding (a.k.a. losing). They aren't even playing their best players. The Giants are the most likely team to make a run at Gonzo.

If its true that a 3rd would be what it took to get him, i would do it in a second

After watching 3 quarters of the Bills being unable to handle the pressure and press coverage of the Raiders I wondered what it would take to get Gonzalez. You couldn't really offer too much, because I agree that getting an impact young TE is a priority, but man how nice having a playmaking TE would be. Gonzalez and the Bills would be a good fit, IMO.

Totally agree...Mentioned yesterday in a thread that Gonzalez would be such a nice fit for this Bills Team right now...I know in a recent interview on The NFL Network He was open to the possibility of going elsewhere...Of coarse he said all the right things too...He loves KC...etc, etc...But He knows it's a business and it seemed to Me like He knew it was a possibility...I guess it would all come down to who else was interested and what they are willing to give up...Gotta figure it's going to cost at least a late 3rd, maybe with some Playoff/Super Bowl clauses that could make it a 2nd...And anyone know what TG's Base Salaries are for the Years he has left on his Contract? :devil: