Parrish out 4-6 weeks

BradRiter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver lining? We'll get to see what McKelvin can do returning kicks and it can give Hardy more playing time in the slot, per the article. I'm all right with that.

I would think in a three WR set, either Evans or Reed would come out of the slot and Hardy would be out wide.

You know the injury bug is going to sting you. It still seems to catch you by suprise. I don't remember in the game seeing him get injured or react as if he had been injured. His late TD catch was all hands. This is too bad. It takes time to develope chemistry and confidence between a quaterback and receivers. You can't just substitute a body. I guess this will force the issue and accelerate the learning curve with Hardy/Jenkins. That will be good in the long run. He does have the special ability to break the big one anytime. CRAAAAAPPPPP where going to miss him.

As much as I love Parish, WR/PR is the one position that I think they do have adequate, although young depth.

McKelvin showed in pre-season what he can do at PR. And not only does Hardy get on the field more, but I think we get to see Johnson get in some live action.

more to follow

Minor irritation.

Like last season, several team's starters have been dropping like flies. We've been lucky so far.

JAX took a big hit in their BUF game, having lost 3 OLs. That's not just losing talent, that's losing a lot of the necessary orchestration. I didn't see the JAX at IND tilt, but I'm guessing the week to tune up their OL replacements - granted against a depleted IND defense, helped. Having a 41 - 19 minute edge in TOP is notable. They held Manning to just over 50% - sticking a fork in the Jags is premature. I credit them for running the ball 49 times.

Just an impression - sacks and QB hits seem to be up. I wouldn't be surprised to see some rule changes to stifle the defense. The NFL makes big $$$ off of the allure of marquee QBs - and the cap rules murder clubs that have big money tied up in the QB spot.

This is bad news actaully. Yes we can plug mckelvin in and be fine and hardy might play more but when Price went down last year( i know his production wasnt missed) but it did inhibit our ability to spead out the defense. With roscoes speed and play making ability we lose alot of punch on our offense. This mean Royal is going to get more catches, not Hardy IMO. Hardy has barely been on the field for whatever reason, an unjury might get him on more but it doesn mean we just keep playing like we are on offense. jekins nor Hardy bring the playmaking ability of roscoe

sh-- this sucks

No way no how has Hardy shown that he can contribute a percentage of what Parrish means to Bills' offense. Parrish's greatest contribution has been on third downs, WR screens and potentially end rounds. You know, a position where the WR needs to have sure hands and run precise routes.

Sounds like Fred Jackson's role just got expanded.

Stunning! Dammit! :rolleyes:

The rookies must step up now as that's 2 pairs of shoes that need filling.

Why wait so long in the week for what they had to know was serious Sunday night??

Why do you think the Bills should announce something like as soon as possible? I am glad they waited until now. Hell, I wish they waited even longer. The Lams wasted time, no doubt, game planning for Roscoe's speed.

Woah buddy, nobody says he's been put on IR. He's not lost for the season. Obviously, it sucks to lose any player, but this next stretch of games is probably the best time to lose the kid, IMO. With St Louis, Arizona, a BYE and San Diego, Miami and the NYJ, we could expect him back for New England (if everything goes to plan).

We saw last week what a difference it can make without Roscoe's great returns. Last year, this would have been another terrible loss to our doomed season, but because of the 2008 draft, McKelvin and Hardy are now going to be asked to step up. Chris Brown also said Justin Jenkins is going to take over some of those slot plays, which is also good to finally see if this kid can do anything when it counts. From what I remember, he's six foot and lightning fast - it can't hurt to have another big body out there. Hardy should get some more plays too of course.

It sucks, but at least he's going to come back. What's more, at least its not an injury that is going to affect his speed (although it might affect his catching ability). We'll be alright.

Never said I though he was going to land up on IR - in fact I went out of my way to say that Roscoe's situation is not the same as Crowell's...

It does bother me that you think a guy's healthy, no mention of injury and all of a sudden he's missing more than a quarter of the season - it's not like he's gone for 1 or even 2 weeks - 4-6 weeks is good time...

Stunning! Dammit! :rolleyes:

The rookies must step up now as that's 2 pairs of shoes that need filling.

Why wait so long in the week for what they had to know was serious Sunday night??

Not sure what you mean. What difference would it make? Jenkins has already said he got a lot of work in practice today and will get more tomorrow. What more could they have done?

Move Reed to the slot, Hardy to the outside and McKelvin to PR. Roscoe will be back for our stretch run, well rested and ready to give other teams nightmares on Special Teams. :rolleyes:

Agree, better now than later. You have to think with the way Turk has been moving the receivers around on the line that Hardy could see some time at the slot to test his over the middle abilities. Could build him some confidence looking for a mismatch against a 3rd corner or overwhelmed LB.