Parrish out 4-6 weeks

BradRiter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this injuries that come out of nowhere. I don't recall seeing Roscoe get hurt, nor did I see anything reported about him having any sort of injury and suddenly the guy is going to miss extended time - WTF?

Just like the Crowell injury - guy goes from practicing and being the starter for the opener to needing minor surgery to being on IR within a few hours and as a fan you're wondering what you missed (I know Angelo's situation is a different thing and I'm not implying that Roscoe's injury is the same scenario).

I'm excited to see Leodis and Hardy, but Roscoe just has that special ability to make a play when needed - that's what we're going to miss.

Second player to undergo thumb surgery this season - damn conditioning coaches :rolleyes:

/sarcasm off

Fred Jackson is the backup Punt Returner.

"Rookie first-round pick Leodis McKelvin is expected to assume the punt return role in Parrish’s absence. Filling the void in the slot on offense however, will likely be predicated on the game plan each week."

Many around here believe Roscoe was a wasted draft pick and is useless as a WR anyway...so it should be no big loss. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I bet the Bills will insert McKelvin into the PR position and, as others have noted, this means it's time for James Hardy to step up.

I hope both of those players welcome the challenge and opportunity.

Get well soon, Roscoe.

I hate this injuries that come out of nowhere. I don't recall seeing Roscoe get hurt, nor did I see anything reported about him having any sort of injury and suddenly the guy is going to miss extended time - WTF?

Just like the Crowell injury - guy goes from practicing and being the starter for the opener to needing minor surgery to being on IR within a few hours and as a fan you're wondering what you missed (I know Angelo's situation is a different thing and I'm not implying that Roscoe's injury is the same scenario).

I'm excited to see Leodis and Hardy, but Roscoe just has that special ability to make a play when needed - that's what we're going to miss.

Woah buddy, nobody says he's been put on IR. He's not lost for the season. Obviously, it sucks to lose any player, but this next stretch of games is probably the best time to lose the kid, IMO. With St Louis, Arizona, a BYE and San Diego, Miami and the NYJ, we could expect him back for New England (if everything goes to plan).

We saw last week what a difference it can make without Roscoe's great returns. Last year, this would have been another terrible loss to our doomed season, but because of the 2008 draft, McKelvin and Hardy are now going to be asked to step up. Chris Brown also said Justin Jenkins is going to take over some of those slot plays, which is also good to finally see if this kid can do anything when it counts. From what I remember, he's six foot and lightning fast - it can't hurt to have another big body out there. Hardy should get some more plays too of course.

It sucks, but at least he's going to come back. What's more, at least its not an injury that is going to affect his speed (although it might affect his catching ability). We'll be alright.

no worries..........didn't he have a bum knee as well earlier in the year? some rest for that won't hurt at all

mckelvin can certainly handle the punt return duties just fine........ on offense, shift josh to the slot more often, give hardy some more play on the outside, and problem solved

people have been talking about easing the rooks into the team and making them earn snaps.......i didn't want to jinx it at the time, but this is the way things usually work - injuries happen and that is what gives them their shots......time for the mckelvin and hardy to take advantage of it, and i think they will be very prepared and hungry to go........i don't see this slowing down the bills much