Last November I was flamed pretty hard here

Mooshocker

...regarding my take on JP Losman. I was "crazy" enough to suggest that it was not JP's arm, feet or overall athletic ability that would be his downfall not only here in Buffalo but throughout the NFL. It is his absolute lack of football smarts. His inability to read a defense, rely on his line to block for him, anticipate his receivers (other than the fly or deep post by Lee) and not being able to recognize a defensive scheme prior to going under center.

It was suggested that I was not open to JP's abilities and that I was just a Trent lover. I must say, from the moment I saw Trent play in person (at home versus the Jets), I knew we were on to a very special QB. Whatever we THOUGHT he lacked in skill, he more than made up with his brains.

Now, in a new season, we can clearly see by yesterdays game what football smarts affords you. Calm, cool and collected QBing. Reading the defense and anticipating. Extracting all he could out of each play called and knowing what his limits were (accepting the sack late in the game versus a very JP like move by throwing it up there). We all know Montana had them (smarts), Boomer had them, Simms had them and more recently, Brady and Kerry Collins.

Football smarts. Using the team around you and keeping your feet planted. Now, one final chance for JP to exercise smarts.....RE-SIGN WITH BUFFALO, ACCEPT YOUR POSITION ON THIS TEAM AND IN THIS LEAGUE AND ENJOY MUCH SUCCESS!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...regarding my take on JP Losman. I was "crazy" enough to suggest that it was not JP's arm, feet or overall athletic ability that would be his downfall not only here in Buffalo but throughout the NFL. It is his absolute lack of football smarts. His inability to read a defense, rely on his line to block for him, anticipate his receivers (other than the fly or deep post by Lee) and not being able to recognize a defensive scheme prior to going under center.

It was suggested that I was not open to JP's abilities and that I was just a Trent lover. I must say, from the moment I saw Trent play in person (at home versus the Jets), I knew we were on to a very special QB. Whatever we THOUGHT he lacked in skill, he more than made up with his brains.

Now, in a new season, we can clearly see by yesterdays game what football smarts affords you. Calm, cool and collected QBing. Reading the defense and anticipating. Extracting all he could out of each play called and knowing what his limits were (accepting the sack late in the game versus a very JP like move by throwing it up there). We all know Montana had them (smarts), Boomer had them, Simms had them and more recently, Brady and Kerry Collins.

Football smarts. Using the team around you and keeping your feet planted. Now, one final chance for JP to exercise smarts.....RE-SIGN WITH BUFFALO, ACCEPT YOUR POSITION ON THIS TEAM AND IN THIS LEAGUE AND ENJOY MUCH SUCCESS!!!!

I was with you, I liked JP -- until Trent's first game. You knew he had something JP never would, the problem was 1/2 the people (or more) were in love with JP's arm alone and couldn't see that.

Congratulations, welcome back. But if you call this being flamed pretty bad then you better grow a thicker skin. This is the only post I found in November. Perhaps the flaming took place in another? Oops, my bad, that looks like 2006...I didn't see any from last year, sorry. Maybe a victim of the great board meltdown?

You were laughed at because your reasons were as stupid then, as they are now.

ummmmmm, your post from a thread on Dec 14, 2006:

Title - Losman named starter for 2007, per ESPN...

First, a great big congrats to JP AND, contrary to AnthonyF (?), Steve Fairchild and the ENTIRE offensive coaching staff for identifying the abilties of this offense and excentuating said abilities.

I have posted only a couple of times, however, have been a Bills fan for many, many years. Not since the Kelly days have I had so much to look forward to. A solid, young, athletic quarterback........

And from a thread you startred on Nov 21, 2006:

Title - My 2 cents regarding our team

JP seems to have a lot of the tools necessary to win. Very strong, accurate arm. Upfield vision. Busy, yet not wasteful footwork, size and of course, mobility.....

I truly believe JP will become the type of quarterback who pull's success from a variety of places at different points of a game. His own skills. His ends. His RB's and his WR's. What I mean is JP will not be one dimensional. He will learn to excentuate what is working. He will learn how to read defenses and he will comit himself to taking his game to higher and higher levels. The kid has got it....he just needs to find it and nurture it...just like JimBo and a guy in Green Bay

I'm not finding a whole lot where you get flamed for ragging Losman. :wallbash:

And did you just call Kerry Collins smart? :lol:

ummmmmm, your post from a thread on Dec 14, 2006:

Title - Losman named starter for 2007, per ESPN...

First, a great big congrats to JP AND, contrary to AnthonyF (?), Steve Fairchild and the ENTIRE offensive coaching staff for identifying the abilties of this offense and excentuating said abilities.

I have posted only a couple of times, however, have been a Bills fan for many, many years. Not since the Kelly days have I had so much to look forward to. A solid, young, athletic quarterback........

And from a thread you startred on Nov 21, 2006:

Title - My 2 cents regarding our team

JP seems to have a lot of the tools necessary to win. Very strong, accurate arm. Upfield vision. Busy, yet not wasteful footwork, size and of course, mobility.....

I truly believe JP will become the type of quarterback who pull's success from a variety of places at different points of a game. His own skills. His ends. His RB's and his WR's. What I mean is JP will not be one dimensional. He will learn to excentuate what is working. He will learn how to read defenses and he will comit himself to taking his game to higher and higher levels. The kid has got it....he just needs to find it and nurture it...just like JimBo and a guy in Green Bay

I'm not finding a whole lot where you get flamed for ragging Losman. :huh:

And did you just call Kerry Collins smart? :lol:

Yeah, but those were before the TE (Trent Era) began.

Still, it's always amusing when someone with posts like that in his closet starts a :wallbash: thread.

Did you come here expecting an apology? Pffft. I can just see you sitting in your parent's basement, silently weeping over your keyboard while writing this post, mumbling "I'll show them" to yourself as you post this, your thread of vindication. :lol:

Besides, there is no flaming on this board, only constructive criticism. :wallbash:

He actually outperformed TE in preseason. Fairchild ruined any potential JP might've had.

This is a QB hungry league and he'll get another shot to start and I can bet as an UFA he'll take it.

He actually outperformed TE in preseason. Fairchild ruined any potential JP might've had.

This is a QB hungry league and he'll get another shot to start and I can bet as an UFA he'll take it.

yeah, fairchild should definitely be mentioned as part of the reason JP didn't succeed.