Raiders game is crucial

Mark Vader

With their 2-0 start, the Bills have now caught the eyes of many. After winning two games against evenly matched opponents, people are starting to take the Bills seriously.

This is why next week's game against the Raiders is huge. The Raiders are not a good team. Yes they won today at Arrowhead, but the Chiefs are putrid. What is most important about next week is that this will be a game where the Bills will be favored and expected to win rather easily.

This game also has all of the makings of a trap game. It is very important that the Bills stay focused, but they have to come out with a swagger that they know that they should win next week. This is another step towards respectability. It will show that a good team like the Bills can win the games that they are supposed to win.

If the Raiders keep the game close, there will be doubts about the Bills. But if they win by at least 2 touchdowns, then they will earn more respect.

I expect the Bills to be very aggressive next week and beat up the Raiders the same way the Broncos did.

With their 2-0 start, the Bills have now caught the eyes of many. After winning two games against evenly matched opponents, people are starting to take the Bills seriously.

This is why next week's game against the Raiders is huge. The Raiders are not a good team. Yes they won today at Arrowhead, but the Chiefs are putrid. What is most important about next week is that this will be a game where the Bills will be favored and expected to win rather easily.

This game also has all of the makings of a trap game. It is very important that the Bills stay focused, but they have to come out with a swagger that they know that they should win next week. This is another step towards respectability. It will show that a good team like the Bills can win the games that they are supposed to win.

If the Raiders keep the game close, there will be doubts about the Bills. But if they win by at least 2 touchdowns, then they will earn more respect.

I expect the Bills to be very aggressive next week and beat up the Raiders the same way the Broncos did.

Don't worry about that, the 12th Man will make sure the Bills have plenty of swagger going into that game

agreed, but this is the nfl not college. if they win by 1 or 21-i don't give an eff about anything else. you are right-on the money about a trap game...good teams keep the pedal to the metal.

It is a big game in the sense that an upset loss would be disastrous; so yeah there's some pressure. I don't want to fall into that November/December 2004 routine of calling every game we're favored in a "classic trap game" though. It's at home, we're not coming off a short week, and we play a crappy team in week 4 - so it does not have "all the makings of a trap game". It will be interesting to the extent that we've never really seen how a Jauron-team handles their own success (we know that they respond to bad losses fairly well). I suspect he'll handle it much better than Greggo circa 2003.

It will be interesting to the extent that we've never really seen how a Jauron-team handles their own success (we know that they respond to bad losses fairly well). I suspect he'll handle it much better than Greggo circa 2003.

IMO, this is where the 'trap' issue hits. For Bills fans, this is hauntingly familiar to '03. But for the Bills, with all the undeniable improvement in the last couple years, what they don't have experience in is winning consistantly. Unfortunately, NFL history is littered with upstarts start believing their press clippings early and crash when they lose to teams they are 'figured to beat'. Marv cautioned against this in his HC tenure, yet it sadly takes losses to truely get the point across. I've heard far too many Bills fans say recently that 'we should be 5-0 at the bye..'. Fans can say shiit like this, but the Bills better know the Raiders have no intention of losing next week and then it's on the road for 2 NFC Westies with Arizona also undefeated.

We, Bills players and fans, would be wise to take it one at time.

I'd like to know why J'Marcus Russell's stat lines were really horrid against the Chefs.

Because JaMarcus Russel is horrid. The Faders run the ball almost entirely to protect/hide their not-so-good quarterback play.

We should play this game with 8 in the box until Russell can make us back off. Their receiving talent is subpar, so our DB's shouldn't have too much trouble in man coverage. Javon Walker is the biggest threat they have, and he won't be at 100%, after that, the next best OAK receiver is Ronald Curry, nuff said.

Man coverage on all the receivers with safety help over the top on Walker should just about completely neutralize the pass and force the Raiders to be just as, if not more, one-dimensional than they have been.

It's a crucial game because it's the next one on the schedule.

And a home game. The playoff formula is win your home games and split on the road, we must protect our house!!! 12th man baby!!! GO BILLS!!!!!

FYI...Fargas out, and McFadden has a turf toe injury (although I do not believe it's serious). Force the Raiders into passing situations and bring the noise!!!!

With their 2-0 start, the Bills have now caught the eyes of many. After winning two games against evenly matched opponents, people are starting to take the Bills seriously. This is why next week's game against the Raiders is huge....
Hmmm, the raiders are a putz team that isn't going anywhere, same with the rams. Maybe we would be better off throwing those games so we can stay under the radar and take the cardinals by surprise. ;)