not bad (but not great) breakdown of Bills-Jags by Ted Sundquist

dave mcbride

I was at that game last year. Losman and Fair-ly-clueless-child had no answer to the Tampa 2 scheme that the Jags threw at them 90% of the time. Even taking account the decimation last year's squad went through, the offense was offensive. I'm looking for a hard fought game and a much different result this year. Make no mistake about it, the Jags will be prepared and come at The Bills hard. That said, they next play Indy and some of them might be looking past this week's game. Not many, but some. DelRio is a solid coach and he usually has his guys prepared. We may be catching them at a good time - regarding injuries, though we won't be able to maximize our advantage there because a certain star LT was sitting on his couch until last Saturday.

I think it's pretty good, though I think he's looking too much at last season's game as a standard. The Bills I saw last Sunday were a vastly different team than last year.

I think he missed three big points.

1) Last year we sent A-train against them on the run. This year we'll have the Marshawn/Jackson combo instead.

2) Trent vs. Lossman: I know, I was a Lossman fan once too. But after the three four and outs to start Trent looked pretty good, considering the time he had spent recovering during preseason. Lossman was eratic at best, even if he was awesome in top form.

3) Offensive Coordination: This one is a no brainer. Turk may be new, but if the balanced, varied offensive attack we ran against the Seahawks was any indication the Jags can't expect us to run it to the left on every third down like SOME people liked to do. (Damn you SF!)

Agreed. Not bad. A few big flaws, though.

Good, but he's no Lori.

He can't match Lori. Lori watches every game, knows the roster, knows who will be playing, knows how to evaluate the roster moves one season & even 1 week to the next. This guy is lucky if he's seen any Bills games other than when they played against his team when he was with them. He's just another national guy trying to evalute a game by looking at a few highlights and some stats. Lori is there, he's not -there's no comparison between the two when it comes to expertise on the Buffalo Bills. More Lori, less national analysis.

GG-I don't know if the link is down or just slow. I opened it a while ago, and minimized it when it was going too slow. I then opened it about an hour later after I forgot about it & it was there. I loved the bickering by the fans below the article. One guy said Peters wasn't playing & called another one a moron for saying Peters would play.

He can't match Lori. Lori watches every game, knows the roster, knows who will be playing, knows how to evaluate the roster moves one season & even 1 week to the next. This guy is lucky if he's seen any Bills games other than when they played against his team when he was with them. He's just another national guy trying to evalute a game by looking at a few highlights and some stats. Lori is there, he's not -there's no comparison between the two when it comes to expertise on the Buffalo Bills. More Lori, less national analysis.

Right on all points, Albany. But, I find Lori's evaluation of the Bills' opponents better than most anybody else's, too.

I think it's pretty good, though I think he's looking too much at last season's game as a standard. The Bills I saw last Sunday were a vastly different team than last year.

I think he missed three big points.

1) Last year we sent A-train against them on the run. This year we'll have the Marshawn/Jackson combo instead.

2) Trent vs. Lossman: I know, I was a Lossman fan once too. But after the three four and outs to start Trent looked pretty good, considering the time he had spent recovering during preseason. Lossman was eratic at best, even if he was awesome in top form.

3) Offensive Coordination: This one is a no brainer. Turk may be new, but if the balanced, varied offensive attack we ran against the Seahawks was any indication the Jags can't expect us to run it to the left on every third down like SOME people liked to do. (Damn you SF!)

Really? Really... is that necessary? I stopped reading right there. Why pay attention to someone when they can't even spell our own backups name properly?

Right on all points, Albany. But, I find Lori's evaluation of the Bills' opponents better than most anybody else's, too.

Lori's write up absolutely blows anything, anyone in the media - local or national - writes.

i do think with the jerks' oline being maybe the worst in the nfl, our massive d upgrades, and the fact that we are swapping step child for the turk, jp for trent, and a train for marshawn, we are looking at quite a step up for us vs last year and quite a step down for them.

i do think with the jerks' oline being maybe the worst in the nfl, our massive d upgrades, and the fact that we are swapping step child for the turk, jp for trent, and a train for marshawn, we are looking at quite a step up for us vs last year and quite a step down for them.

Agreed. With three O-Line starters out on the Jags, our D should be dominant up front, and perhaps Ted wasn't aware, but our run D was excellent last weekend because of the offseasons acquisitions playing so well. Buffalo is a very different team than when we got spanked down there last year.