Stopping the Jaguars' running game

Golden Wheels

The Bills' improved run defense is going to be key next Sunday in Jacksonville. One of the reasons the Titans beat the Jags yesterday was holding Fred Taylor and Maurice Drew to only 33 rushing yards.

Jacksonville has injuries to three of their starters on the OL, and they had to be affected mentally by the shooting of Richard Collier. Stroud and company could take advantage of a makeshift line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-j...o&type=lgns

David Garrard was sacked 7 times yesterday, so Schobel and Kelsay should be able to pressure him.

This is a HUGE game for Buffalo. If they can win this game, I have a feeling the team could go on a roll if they do. They have to stop the run and get to the QB. Simple as that. They still have a solid defense too......going to be a tough game. But, Its clearly in the Bills hands. They can win the game......But must play mistake free and get the ball to the play makers and get the running game going a little better.

The Bills' improved run defense is going to be key next Sunday in Jacksonville. One of the reasons the Titans beat the Jags yesterday was holding Fred Taylor and Maurice Drew to only 33 rushing yards.

Could not agree more.

Patience on offence, ferocity on defense.

It is huge. Whoopin' the NFC is nice and we may pull off a couple more W's against them. But it's the conference games (including division) that really count and especially against teams figured to go to the playoffs. The 'W' is the first tie-breaker and the Bills want IN!!.

It all starts with Stroud. If those two Jags Gs are hurt, his life got even easier. I really do think he's playing hungry and with a chip on his shoulder. He was a beast yesterday and if he plays that may in Jax, then look out. He made everyone better.

I agree totally, Stroud looked like a man among boys. He was in the Seattle backfield so often I thought he should have been wearing a Hawks jersey.

5-0 vs the Chargers would be amazing. The Bills would finally get the buzz they deserve. To be honest, I think the Bills can compete against any team this year and for the first time in a long time, they can go into any game with the potential to win.

My god do I love hearing talk like this around here. I'm so sick of 'Vet, keepthefaith, 1bills and the rest of the cynics!

I would like to see McCargo given another shot and possibly rotate in, but who knows if that will happen.

This could be crucial. With the expected heat and the difference in playing style vs. Seattle (with Taylor and Jones-Drew, Jax can be expected to run more) the Bills probably need a four-man DT rotation next week.

5-0 vs the Chargers would be amazing. The Bills would finally get the buzz they deserve. To be honest, I think the Bills can compete against any team this year and for the first time in a long time, they can go into any game with the potential to win.

Yeah it's a bit early to know for sure if the Bills are over the hump, and they'll probably have some slide back games, but it's nice to have a positive outlook for the first time in years.

It all starts with Stroud. If those two Jags Gs are hurt, his life got even easier. I really do think he's playing hungry and with a chip on his shoulder. He was a beast yesterday and if he plays that may in Jax, then look out. He made everyone better.

I believe JAX also already lost their starting center as well. Somebody will need to wipe the drool off of Stroud's jersey.

When we went into the Seahawk game I expected the Jag game to be a loss......

I am not so sure now. It will be a more physical game and harder to win....but I also think that Trent shook some of the rust off as the game went on.....

While the defense ended up being just so solid and consistant it brought tears to my eyes......I mean to actually be able to not hide your eyes on a "3rd and 20" knowing that the defense wouldn't find a way to let them get 21?

What we need this next week is more production out of our running game....Lynch had some good plays...but was held to under 100 yard rushing

We need him to have 100 plus in order to win against the jags. And for christ sake....WILL PEOPLE STOP DROPPING PASSES THAT HIT THEM IN THE HANDS