Mighty Taco

portisizzle

I make my own tortillas, fill with a tasty meat mixture, and roll, holding it together with toothpicks, and fry in oil until crispy. Yummy! And pork carnitas are delicious! This gringo loves true Mexican flavors!

I don't think anyone here wants to know about your tasty meat mixture. :pirate:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They serve tacos and burritos. You tell me what kind of food that is? It ain't Buffalo food.

They are Buffalo-style tacos and burritos. That's all. I know they can't compete with the carne asada you can buy at 3am in East L.A. from a taco wagon, but they don't exactly have many of them in Buffalo, ya'know? They are just local fast food. Not gourmet. Not meant to compete with real Mexican food. I like them better than McDonald's or Wendy's, or for god's sake, Taco Smell.

PTR

One of the absolute best things about a City like Buffalo - with so many many ethic "Mom & Pop" shops is the diversity

As I have done more extensive traveling in the US - I find it impossible to stomach what other areas call "Buffalo" food

Out here - they Call http://www.buffalowildwings.com/ fine cusine :pirate: (good stock to buy)

I have never liked Duff's - but others do - Anchor Bar is worth it - if you are in the neighborhood - I can name two other places I will go out of the way for - they are just corner joints in the "hood"

I would cross the counrty for a Bocce Pizza - my wife and daughter say no - they wanted Leonardi's

I will be in Buff next week - I will go to Mighty, Louie's, have some great (fresh) pizza on Hertel Ave and some awesome wings at Gecko's

Buffalo is about something different on every corner - viva la difference :huh:

Try and find that in that in the land of corporate exit ramp foodstuffs

Last year my wife and I went to Mighty Taco. She'd never been there before and I didn't talk about it at all (other than to annoy her with the "Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco...." commercial. :huh: )

Anyway, to make a long story short, she LOVED it and said it didn't even come close to Taco Bell. She makes a point to go there every time we visit WNY now. So no, it's not some nostalgia from WNY-lovers. It's just better.

Of course! I agree. I would pick MT over TB anyday... MT is fast and cheap... But, once you try fast food Mexican here... And I really mean it, it is "fast food" and authentic... And the price is lower than MT... One wouldn't go pick MT and TB over these joints. This doesn't say I don't go to TB or MT, I do it for convienence.

I am amazed how much they can bastardize this kind of food (TB and MT)... :pirate::huh: What in the is the reason for it? That is what I can't figure out... ??

If your tacos look like this as opposed to this you're not eating tacos...you're eating a gringo's interpretation of tacos.

Finally a voice of reason! :pirate::huh:

How in the eff did they ever end up with MT and TB. The authenic is equally as fast and cheap! I am glad that you chimed in Chef... Of course you live close to a large Mexican/Hispanic community!

:huh::)

I'll never understand why people are expecting authentic mexican cuisine. Its fast food. What the hell do you expect?

Again... What Cheffy pictured is fast food around me! One just has to get over the Gringo fear of walking into a place no bigger than a 24' x 24' building! The funny thing is, as small and fast as they are... They still seat a few tables and use real china and silverware! :pirate:

But... "The people want Barrabas!" "I wash my hands" :huh::huh:

I have to say that, Mighty Taco is not so good unless you are very drunk, and it is very late at night. Then, it's tolerable if you can get really hot sauce on it.

Taco Bell is NEVER good...EVER, it is generic, tasteless fast-food garbage. I can't believe it was referred to as a "restaurant".

And, yes, Duffs wings are better than Anchor wings. But, there are many places with terrific wings in WNY.

Deano! We hardly knew ye! What up?

:pirate:

They are Buffalo-style tacos and burritos. That's all. I know they can't compete with the carne asada you can buy at 3am in East L.A. from a taco wagon, but they don't exactly have many of them in Buffalo, ya'know? They are just local fast food. Not gourmet. Not meant to compete with real Mexican food. I like them better than McDonald's or Wendy's, or for god's sake, Taco Smell.

PTR

Why not, this place does.

I know! They aren't bad if you want a cheapo, slop of a taco.

Since moving to the South Side of Chicago... Nothing compares outside of Mexico (and that is even a stretch)... I don't know how even Taco Bell makes it here on the South Side? Mighty would fail miserably here... Well, I kinda know how Taco Bell makes it... They cater to the people who want a name brand.

Here... Everything is authentic... Even my Mexican sister-in-law who lives in the BFLO area is always requesting that we send her authentic Mexican products that she would only get in Mexico... Closer to send it from here!

Once you hit these places (along with hitting Nueva Maxwell Street on the weekend), one will feel cheated at Mighty Taco by eating a "Greengo Taco": :wallbash:

Beyond The Taco

Nueva Maxwell Street

I have local joints that are within a couple of blocks where I live and the food will knock your Sox off!

:thumbsup:

EDIT:

You have to get over one's "Anglo Fear" when walking into some of the small local joints... Oh, and brush up on your Spanish!

I live on the North Side (logan square), mexican restaurants seem to be hit and miss. Some are just bland, and some are amazing.

Do you go to deliliahs for the games on sunday?