Packers just released future 10 time pro-bowler

JuanGuzman

GREEN BAY, WIS. -- Punter Jon Ryan is now looking for a new job.

The 26-year-old Regina native and former University of Regina Ram was released yesterday by the Green Bay Packers despite boasting a sparkling 48-yard punt during the NFL exhibition season. The Packers cut Ryan loose in favour of Derrick Frost, a six-year veteran who was released on Saturday by the Washington Redskins.

Ryan began his pro football career in the CFL, spending the 2004 and 2005 seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before joining the Packers in 2006.

Ryan performed well in Green Bay, averaging 44.5 yards a punt over his two-year stint with the NFL club, the fourth best in franchise history. He registered 35 punts inside the opposition's 20-yard line.

Ryan is also the joint holder of the longest punt in Packers history, tying Sean Landeta's nine-year record with a 72-yard effort in the fourth quarter of a 34-13 victory over the Detroit Lions on December 30, 2007.

Once Ryan clears NFL waivers, he will be free to sign with any other team south of the border. Ryan posted a CFL-record 50.6-yard punting average with Winnipeg in 2005 and would be free to sign with any Canadian team of his choice.

But a CFL source requesting anonymity said he figures Ryan's future remains in the NFL and that he's confident the Canadian punter will land with another team in the U.S.

Okay Cue the punter jokes. BUT:

This guy is legit. Led the pre-season in total distance, despite two shanks (of 15, 14 yards) in game 1. Consistency is his problem but a phenomenal athlete(4,6 speed, benches 225 35 times had a pre-season run of 34 yards) just F*7King crushes the ball, used to playing in windy conditions. I don't normally do this whole player evaluation thing but I bet who whoever picks him up will have a probowl punter for the next ten years.

I love Moorman but if we could get a 4th round pick for him and sign Ryan I would be for it. He was up for a contract extension and I bet penny pinching ted thompson just wanted to sign someone on the cheap (Frost).

This guy is legit. Led the pre-season in total distance, despite two shanks (of 15, 14 yards) in game 1. Consistency is his problem but a phenomenal athlete(4,6 speed, benches 225 35 times had a pre-season run of 34 yards) just F*7King crushes the ball, used to playing in windy conditions. I don't normally do this whole player evaluation thing but I bet who whoever picks him up will have a probowl punter for the next ten years.

I love Moorman but if we could get a 4th round pick for him and sign Ryan I would be for it. He was up for a contract extension and I bet penny pinching ted thompson just wanted to sign someone on the cheap (Frost).

We already have the best punter in the game in Moorman who already knows how to handle the winds at the Ralph.

...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Agreed but hey if this was madden i might do it, sign moorman to a one year deal, trade him off resign him in the offseason. Works every time

If it was Madden you could just punt it with Moorman, then make the tackle with Moorman causing a fumble everytime and then pick it up and run it back for a TD like 3 times a game, even tho this play has never occurred in an NFL game under the current rules...

If it was Madden you could just punt it with Moorman, then make the tackle with Moorman causing a fumble everytime and then pick it up and run it back for a TD like 3 times a game, even tho this play has never occurred in an NFL game under the current rules...

Actually you could but it would be so much better with this ten time pro bowler

...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:thumbsup:

MODS!! PEOPLE SMOKING CRACK SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO POST!!! :thumbsup::w00t: :w00t:

Smoking dope makes you dumb.

:thumbsup: ...but tell us how you really feel.