When is the point of no return for Evans?

JK2000

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By what week would Evans rather wait until the end of the season to test the market than sign an extension?

A very good question. I have no clue why this has taken so long. The longer it goes the riskier it is for both sides. What if Lee goes down for the season in the opener like so many did last year? What if he has a few monster games?

Just my opinion, but i think Lee wants to have a great year and then test the market...unless the bills are willing to make him a top 5 paid reciever. He seems a little to content about his situation for a guy whos anxious to get a deal done. He also may want to see how Trent progresses this year aswell.

A very good question. I have no clue why this has taken so long. The longer it goes the riskier it is for both sides. What if Lee goes down for the season in the opener like so many did last year? What if he has a few monster games?

With ya on this one, Mick. Evans is a true professional, and we need him around here. Lets get this thing done.

Nate Clements Part II. So which WR will we be picking in the first round of the '09 draft?

I'm not pleased at all that the Bills haven't got a deal done with Evans. It'd be nice if we knew our star players were going to be here for the long haul or if this is just going to be a perpetually young, scrappy and untested team with 90 percent of their roster playing under their "cheap" rookie contracts. Fans here like to scream about continuity, how about some continuity on the roster. Someone send a crowbar over to Ralph's house, he clearly needs some help opening his wallet.

By what week would Evans rather wait until the end of the season to test the market than sign an extension?

If he starts disappearing again during games, it could be a while.

Then again, this is a contract year.

:D

It would make the front office look incredibly bad if Evans didn't get a new deal in the near future. With the way things have panned out in the Peters situation, this front office would have some explaining to do.

In order to keep your fans, you've got to keep your best players. Not watch them play a few years and ship them out. Buffalo has some great young talent on this team. It's up to Brandon and company to NOT SCREW IT UP.

The point of no return is when he plays out this season with no new deal, and gets the franchise tag in 09 with a "promise" to allow him to be a UFA in 2010.

This has been common practice in the NFL with franchised players. But don't let those facts get in the way of your rant.

For someone who despises DBs, you are/were in quite a hurry to give the farm to one.

Let him play this year. He doesn't deserve the money that he will get. Take a receiver in the first or second round and move on. That mega contract # can be spent on another player that doesn't disappear during games.

What is wrong with you? It's unbelievable that anyone could think that about Lee Evans. He has been the ONLY bright spot on this team consistantly for the past 4 years. If he didn't play the way he did, I wouldn't have watched this miserable team. I'm loyal to those who are loyal to the Bills. And Lee has shown me a lot this offseason.

What is wrong with you? It's unbelievable that anyone could think that about Lee Evans. He has been the ONLY bright spot on this team consistantly for the past 4 years. If he didn't play the way he did, I wouldn't have watched this miserable team. I'm loyal to those who are loyal to the Bills. And Lee has shown me a lot this offseason.

Believe! '06 was a big season for him, but other than that, not so much. I'll buy into the bad O.C. reasoning, although the

same O.C. in '06. I'll even buy into the no real # 2 receiver on the other side of the field. Same problem again in '06, see P. Price. The QB

shuffle probably didn't help either, but then J.P wasn't back there locking onto him every play. But for a # 1 he did disappear for almost entire

games last season.

How much do you pay a guy that has averaged 58 receptions / year?

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

Believe! '06 was a big season for him, but other than that, not so much. I'll buy into the bad O.C. reasoning, although the

same O.C. in '06. I'll even buy into the no real # 2 receiver on the other side of the field. Same problem again in '06, see P. Price. The QB

shuffle probably didn't help either, but then J.P wasn't back there locking onto him every play. But for a # 1 he did disappear for almost entire

games last season.

How much do you pay a guy that has averaged 58 receptions / year?

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

Nice smear job. For you and the others how foolishly downplay Lee Evans' importance to this team, the touchdown totals for the following player's first four years in the league were...

A. Reed 22

Moulds 18

Irvin 20

Holt 23

Owens 30

Harrison 33

Evans 29

Was this not good enough of a job for you? Think he was dogging it last year? If you can't see Lee's exceptional ability after four years here then that's on you. BTW, he had 9 touchdowns as a rookie. Unbelievable. :D

Nice smear job. For you and the others how foolishly downplay Lee Evans' importance to this team, the touchdown totals for the following player's first four years in the league were...

A. Reed 22

Moulds 18

Irvin 20

Holt 23

Owens 30

Harrison 33

Evans 29

Was this not good enough of a job for you? Think he was dogging it last year? If you can't see Lee's exceptional ability after four years here then that's on you. BTW, he had 9 touchdowns as a rookie. Unbelievable. :D

Exactly. If you think this team doesn't need Evans, then you must be comfortable watching the Bills continue to lose more games than they win every year. Watch as he destroys opposing defenses this year again and rethink the whole "we don't need Evans" argument.