Gustav Thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm gonna lose my home. It's been in the bullseye for a couple days now, and it's about 15 miles off the gulf surrounded by alot of water in all directions. Not only with the wind being 140+ mph with gusts around 180 at landfall, but the storm surge will be about 15-20 ft. also.

I am in Baton Rouge with family to ride out the storm on higher ground. My wife is a Lt. at the Sheriffs Office, so she has to stay behind to work. I did get my important stuff like pictures, documents, ect. out.

So now it's the calm before the storm.....

Yeah, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm gonna lose my home. It's been in the bullseye for a couple days now, and it's about 15 miles off the gulf surrounded by alot of water in all directions. Not only with the wind being 140+ mph with gusts around 180 at landfall, but the storm surge will be about 15-20 ft. also.

I am in Baton Rouge with family to ride out the storm on higher ground. My wife is a Lt. at the Sheriffs Office, so she has to stay behind to work. I did get my important stuff like pictures, documents, ect. out.

Good luck Joey.

Stay positive. There's nothing to worry about til there's something to worry about. It could easily change directions. :thumbsup:

Stay safe!! It just makes me sick... If you need anything don't hesitate to holler!

Thanks guys. I'll keep you guys posted up until the electricty goes out sometime Monday afternoon. After that, it could be one day, it could be 2 weeks, it could be a month before I can get back on. But i'll let you all know what the aftermath looks like.

stay safe dude. and good thing you are being smart and getting out of harms way

Stay safe, buddy.