The Dolphins got "The Flywheel" going.

Tipster19

The Fins have given up just 24 points in the last three pre-season games and are starting to have fun with their defense. I posted about them being a team on the rise and promptly got flamed for it. Did anyone noticed how they have been crushing opponents' pockets (5 sacks vs KC and 5 sacks again in Thursday's night game against the Saints)? They have a no name front seven, some newcomers, some old timers but they are starting to buy into their new system and having a ball with it. They only gave up 99 yards against the Saints that featured many back-ups.

They were doing "The Flywheel" all night long. That's what they do after they sack the QB or make a big play on defense. After the play that's when they get low to the ground and put their hands together and put them them in a circular motion to mimic cranking an old car. It was inspired by former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni who is now the Dolphins' DC. It's suppose to represent what a flywheel does for a car. The flywheel is a rotating disc on a car that relies on momentumto pick up speed. "When you first start cranking the wheel, it's hard," LB Channing Crowder said. "But when you get the momentum going, and you get oil moving, it starts going much smoother."

It has been impressive so far how they have been dismantling offensive pockets with their DL. This makes me wonder all the more why we didn't make Marcus Stroud type players more of a priority before this last off season. I believe that the AFC East will be the dominate division once again in the very near future based on what is presently going on in it. I just hope that Buffalo can be at the top of it because these other teams (Jets and Miami) are sure picking up steam.

The Fins have given up just 24 points in the last three pre-season games and are starting to have fun with their defense. I posted about them being a team on the rise and promptly got flamed for it. Did anyone noticed how they have been crushing opponents' pockets (5 sacks vs KC and 5 sacks again in Thursday's night game against the Saints)? They have a no name front seven, some newcomers, some old timers but they are starting to buy into their new system and having a ball with it. They only gave up 99 yards against the Saints that featured many back-ups.

They were doing "The Flywheel" all night long. That's what they do after they sack the QB or make a big play on defense. After the play that's when they get low to the ground and put their hands together and put them them in a circular motion to mimic cranking an old car. It was inspired by former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni who is now the Dolphins' DC. It's suppose to represent what a flywheel does for a car. The flywheel is a rotating disc on a car that relies on momentumto pick up speed. "When you first start cranking the wheel, it's hard," LB Channing Crowder said. "But when you get the momentum going, and you get oil moving, it starts going much smoother."

It has been impressive so far how they have been dismantling offensive pockets with their DL. This makes me wonder all the more why we didn't make Marcus Stroud type players more of a priority before this last off season. I believe that the AFC East will be the dominate division once again in the very near future based on what is presently going on in it. I just hope that Buffalo can be at the top of it because these other teams (Jets and Miami) are sure picking up steam.

i think if things go thier way, they could win 4-7 games this year...and that would be an amazing one year turn around

You foolishly identified them as a "team on the rise" shortly after they traded their best defensive player in Jason Taylor and before the aquisition of Chad Pennington. Now, I think Pennington will make a significant difference. Without him I predicted 3-4 wins but with him 5-6 wins. They still stink and the Bills should beat them twice this year.

I don't like the Fins now and will never like them in the future, but their organization has been impressive this offseason. They went and hired Parcells, which was the best move. Parcells starts bringing in some of his old players and coaches as usual. They get Jason Taylor out of town and let Thomas walk, both of whom's better years are behind them. They get draft picks for Taylor and McCown. They get Fasano and Ayodele from Dallas. They had a good draft getting Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford who look like their new starters at the DE position. Finally, they got Pennington to manage their offense. No one can question Pennington's football I.Q. and his accuracy, just his arm strength. Their main question lies at RB. They have the often injured Ronnie Brown coming off an ACL injury and the space cadet Ricky Williams. Will either of them be able to help the O enough to give "noodle arm" the chance to face a defense that he can actually pass against? I think they win 6 or 7 games this year, but watch out for the guys next year with Parcells having another strong offseason.

The Fins have given up just 24 points in the last three pre-season games

its preseason and your talking about stats, comical

Marcus Mason led the league in rushing during the preseason and was just cut by the skins

If you're basing this off-of the Chefs game, realize that the Chefs will be drafting first overall next year. They have a couple good players in Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez, and some promising guys in Glenn Dorsey and Brandon Albert (neither of whom has shown much so far, although in Albert's case, it's because he's been injured all of pre-season), but they have little else.

That being said, the Fins should be improved over last year. To the tune of 5-11. If Pennington goes down, the season is over.

It's pre-season for christs sakes. And who gives a crap about the Dolphins imitating some flypaper sh--. I mean, really, who cares?

That being said, any homer here who doesn't think the Dolphins franchise will quickly return to a solid NFL state is sadly mistaken. It won't take Parcells long to get them turned around. It sucks to have to deal with Belicheck and Parcells. Oh well. Here's hoping it takes them a while.

1. its preseason

2. perhaps people will give your opinion more credence when you learn the difference between the words "dominate" and "dominant"

Idiots.........Electric starter

It's suppose to represent what a flywheel does for a car. The flywheel is a rotating disc on a car that relies on momentumto pick up speed. "When you first start cranking the wheel, it's hard," LB Channing Crowder said. "But when you get the momentum going, and you get oil moving, it starts going much smoother."

The Fins have given up just 24 points in the last three pre-season games and are starting to have fun with their defense. I posted about them being a team on the rise and promptly got flamed for it. Did anyone noticed how they have been crushing opponents' pockets (5 sacks vs KC and 5 sacks again in Thursday's night game against the Saints)? They have a no name front seven, some newcomers, some old timers but they are starting to buy into their new system and having a ball with it. They only gave up 99 yards against the Saints that featured myany back-ups.

Well...you don't have much room for decline when you're 1-15 (thanks again, Ravens). Preseason is over, now reality sets in. Let's see how My Yami's starters do against everyone else's starters for an entire game. Dance routines don't win games in the NFL. Pennington is an upgrade, Williams and Brown, if they aren't suspended or injured, are a good tandem. Ted Ginn Jr., who has yet to live up to the hype, is the only receiver with Scare Tactics. Sparano will have them playing better than Cam "Cam" Camcamcameron but 4-6 victories is a safe guess. Just look at the Bills preseason record during the SB years. Don't put too much stock in it.

P R E S E A S O N

I am sorry but if anyone thinks their team will do good or bad based upon Preseason is thinking incorrectly. There are way to many examples of teams who go undefeated in the preaseason that suck in the regular season. There are also way to many examples of teams who lose every game in the preseason but go onto the superbowl. The Bills are a living example of this.

Lets take some of this years examples.

Patriots 0-4 in the preseason. Anyone think they won't make the playoffs?

Colts 0-4 in the preseason. Anyone think they won't make the playoffs?

Lions 4-0 in the preseason. Anyone think they will make the playoffs?

Miami has QB, WR, RB, OL and Secondary Problems. Their DL might be ok but it can't make up for everything else. I am not in love with Bill Parcells at all. His teams haven't won a Playoff game in years.

P R E S E A S O N

I am sorry but if anyone thinks their team will do good or bad based upon Preseason is thinking incorrectly. There are way to many examples of teams who go undefeated in the preaseason that suck in the regular season. There are also way to many examples of teams who lose every game in the preseason but go onto the superbowl. The Bills are a living example of this.

Lets take some of this years examples.

Patriots 0-4 in the preseason. Anyone think they won't make the playoffs?

Colts 0-4 in the preseason. Anyone think they won't make the playoffs?

Lions 4-0 in the preseason. Anyone think they will make the playoffs?

Miami has QB, WR, RB, OL and Secondary Problems. Their DL might be ok but it can't make up for everything else. I am not in love with Bill Parcells at all. His teams haven't won a Playoff game in years.

Excellent points regarding the Colts, Pats and Lions. Preseason is basically for evaluating players prior to roster cuts. "Momentum" from preseason going into the regular season is like throwing an Olympic Gold Medal at a tornado.