Edwards offically OUT for Sunday's game...

RayFinkle

I expected this....

It makes no sense for TE to not practice all week and then play a game. Better to have him 100 percent for the season.

One thing is for sure I think. I am not saying that TE is injury prone but it would be a good indea to have a backup behind him who can win some games. I am not saying it should be Losman.....but somebody.

I am not saying that TE is injury prone but it would be a good idea to have a backup behind him who can win some games.

I am. And so is JP. That's whey they both need to be ready, because they're both going to play a lot this year. Hamdan may get some work as well.

I am not saying that TE is injury prone

What would make you say that?

Stanford

2003 - Shoulder injury - Season ending

2004 - Various Injuries - missed four games

2005 - Phew , he made it

2006 - Broken foot - Season ending

Buffalo

2007 - Injured wrist

2008 - Deep thigh bruise

Anyone who reads this board has seen that I am pro TE, but my concern has always been his injury history. They need to surround him with bubble wrap.

Stanford

2005 - Phew , he made it

Buffalo

2007 - Injured wrist

2008 - Deep thigh bruise

Anyone who reads this board has seen that I am pro TE, but my concern has always been his injury history. They need to surround him with bubble wrap.

Might be a little unfair to lump this one in with the others. I think if this was a regular season game, he would be in there. But since it's pre-season, why rush it. What does concern me is the collision between ML and TE that caused this bruise. Who ran the wrong direction? In one of the pre-season games TE did a play action fake with ML no where near the ball. Is ML running the wrong plays or TE's? That's something that hopefully will be corrected and concerns me more than TE sitting out a pre-season game.

What does concern me is the collision between ML and TE that caused this bruise. Who ran the wrong direction? In one of the pre-season games TE did a play action fake with ML no where near the ball. Is ML running the wrong plays or TE's? That's something that hopefully will be corrected and concerns me more than TE sitting out a pre-season game.

I believe witnesses have said that Trent had the right-of-way, and Lynch may have clipped him but didn't really know it.

God don't people listen to the interviews.

Trent Edwards said Marshawn went to close to him and that he went to wide. Both were in error and these kind of Misqueues happen. this is why you practice so they don't happen.

Trent is the starter and it's unfortunate that he can't play in this game. It sounds like if it was the regular season he would be playing.

2008? You have a crystal ball? Do we make it to the Super Bowl? Does Peters hold out the whole season? Tell us more.

Yes, we make it to the Super Bowl. No, Peters reports before opening day.

Here's just a peek into the future: JP is with the team in 2010 after getting cut, JP comes back to be our backup. Any more questions? I've got a sports almanac from 2020 that I picked up while getting a ride from Doc Brown.

2008? You have a crystal ball? Do we make it to the Super Bowl? Does Peters hold out the whole season? Tell us more.

You don't need a Crystal Ball to "predict" an injury that he received on August 19th 2008. :w00t:

Yes, we make it to the Super Bowl. No, Peters reports before opening day.

Here's just a peek into the future: JP is with the team in 2010 after getting cut, JP comes back to be our backup. Any more questions? I've got a sports almanac from 2020 that I picked up while getting a ride from Doc Brown.

Is it Gray's Sports Almanac?

Stanford

2005 - Phew , he made it

Buffalo

2007 - Injured wrist

2008 - Deep thigh bruise

So is this some sort of trend or just bad luck? Are you suggesting that getting your foot broke and your shoulder injured is somehow a flaw in the player himself?

PTR