Edwards offically OUT for Sunday's game...

RayFinkle

I don't care if JP Losman single handledly revives a dying player on the field with a toothpick and a 9V battery, Edwards is the starter and anyone who argues that deserves to be ignored.

MUAHAHAHAH

Classic

LA - your wit is appreciated :w00t:

So is this some sort of trend or just bad luck? Are you suggesting that getting your foot broke and your shoulder injured is somehow a flaw in the player himself?

PTR

I am simply pointing out a trend. Bad luck is one or two injuries. A trend is being injured every season except for one. Some guys are just prone to injury, and based on what we have seen thus far, TE seems to be one of those guys.

BTW, who was that other QB that always got injured??? Oh yeah, Rob Johnson. Or was that bad luck?

Not trying to be a negative dickhead, just sayin...

lol, I do have to laugh.. this is what Trent is injured with...

Contusion: Another name for a bruise. What is a bruise ? A bruise, or contusion, is caused when blood vessels are damaged or broken as the result of a blow to the skin (be it bumping against something or hitting yourself with a hammer). The raised area of a bump or bruise results from blood leaking from these injured blood vessels into the tissues as well as from the body's response to the injury. A purplish, flat bruise that occurs when blood leaks out into the top layers of skin is referred to as an ecchymosis.

Getting a knee shot on the thigh has nothing to do with being injury-prone. It's a happenstance, no more.

Injuries like that have everything to do with being injury prone. Some players just have an innate ability to avoid getting hurt. Some players don't injure as easily or have a higher threshold for pain. Edwards has a rather long injury history. This injury aside, he definitely appears to be injury prone.

I'm not sure why some people dispute this notion of players being "prone" to injury. I know there are a lot of cubicle quarterbacks in here, but in the physical trades you see people who just have the tendency to get hurt. The guys that are always cutting themselves, hammering themselves, pinching their hands, dropping sh*t on their feet, banging their head or twisting ankles. Some of them are very good at their trades, but they are definitely more prone to injury than others. It's not luck, it is some combination of coordination and instinct and body structure. Add to that the fact that we have about 100 years of pro sports history in the US in sports like football and baseball and there have been tons of players who just seem to get hurt a lot and in somewhat unusual fashion quite often.

LINKY....If JP plays lights out, I am offically taking a leave of absense from the board until the season starts.

No worries there..But it would be nice to see..It would be nice if the lights did come on he would be a pretty decent quarterback..

No worries there..But it would be nice to see..It would be nice if the lights did come on he would be a pretty decent quarterback..

The more likely scenario is... the more playing time he gets, the more JP damages his future value. GM's around the league(if they aren't already convinced) will realize that JP is nothing more than a career backup. Thus when he is a FA next year, this is what other teams will see him as. Not as a guy who can come in and take over the starting role on a successful team.