Halfway through Preseason....

Mark Vader

Several players have stood out to me.

Trent Edwards: While the Skins game was forgettable, Edwards rebounded in a big way against the Steelers. He looked comfortable in the pocket and connected on some long passes.

Duke Preston: His performance has been a big surprise to me. A lot of fans(myself included) have asked for Preston to be cut. In both games he played very good at Center, and finally looks to be the player the Bills had hoped he would be when they drafted him.

Keith Ellison: In both games he has started in place of Crowell and he has looked very good in the process. I'm not saying he should start, but it's very good to see that he can step in as a backup and be affective.

John Wendling: While his jumping over the Center during XP & FG attempts have been very amusing, as a safety he has been all over the field and providing tackles instead of whiffing on plays.

Chris Ellis: IMO he has been the best of the rookies at this point(Reggie Corner being 2nd). Ellis could become a very important player for not only the future, but for this season as well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably catch the requisite load of fecal material for this, but I've been impressed with Sheik Yobouty. I watched him come in on a CB blitz at the end of the game on Thursday, and he hammered the living snot out of the QB. That's one big kid. He really whipped the QB around for a little bit before he dropped him. It's probably too late for the Sheik to make the roster, but I hope he makes it for two reasons:

1) I think he'd be a good addition at the bottom end of the DB corps, and someone who might grow to the mid-level thereof;

2) I'd just like to see some of the Sheik trashers get the chicken bone stuck in their throats. But that's just me, isn't it?

Trent Edwards: While the Skins game was forgettable, Edwards rebounded in a big way against the Steelers. He looked comfortable in the pocket and connected on some long passes.

Duke Preston: His performance has been a big surprise to me. A lot of fans(myself included) have asked for Preston to be cut. In both games he played very good at Center, and finally looks to be the player the Bills had hoped he would be when they drafted him.

Keith Ellison: In both games he has started in place of Crowell and he has looked very good in the process. I'm not saying he should start, but it's very good to see that he can step in as a backup and be affective.

John Wendling: While his jumping over the Center during XP & FG attempts have been very amusing, as a safety he has been all over the field and providing tackles instead of whiffing on plays.

Chris Ellis: IMO he has been the best of the rookies at this point(Reggie Corner being 2nd). Ellis could become a very important player for not only the future, but for this season as well.

All nice picks. I esp. agree on Duke Preston. He played almost the entire game the other night at three different positions, I think. The whole line, in fact, has played very well.

I think Poz has been pretty darn impressive too.

Guest dog14787
McKelvin's all out playmaking ability, the dude has a swagger about him that's nice to see.

Yes he does ( awesome in the locker room) and he seems to be a quick study from the CB perspective. When this fella starts intercepting balls and bringing them back for TD's, QB's are going to start shying away from him. :thumbsup:

Reggie Corner will probably unseat Youboty and I hope Buffalo can trade Youboty before the cuts.

McKelvin for ST work mostly so far.

Poz.

Edwards based on the last outing..

I haven't noticed Ellis that much I'll have to look for him more next game.

The whole O-line has looked good without Peters in there.

Guest dog14787
Youboty has been decent we cant argue that. Fact of the matter is when it comes regular season he pretty much sucks! Im sure he makes the team somehow. Prolly special teamer.

He has looked sharp and we need to keep him, but he needs to get out there and kick some booty in the regular season. :thumbsup:

I'll probably catch the requisite load of fecal material for this, but I've been impressed with Sheik Yobouty. I watched him come in on a CB blitz at the end of the game on Thursday, and he hammered the living snot out of the QB. That's one big kid. He really whipped the QB around for a little bit before he dropped him. It's probably too late for the Sheik to make the roster, but I hope he makes it for two reasons:

1) I think he'd be a good addition at the bottom end of the DB corps, and someone who might grow to the mid-level thereof;

2) I'd just like to see some of the Sheik trashers get the chicken bone stuck in their throats. But that's just me, isn't it?

I agree with you. Youboty has played good. Yes he got torched on the Steelers first TD, but I do like what I've seen from him. The CB position is going to be most interesting to watch when it's time for the teams to make their cuts.

Guest dog14787
Evans looks very good.

Dockery

Lynch & Jackson out of the backfield (does that mean I'm impressed with Turk?)

Lee Evans could have a pro bowl type year the way Trent Edwards is starting to click with him. :beer:

Add Hardy into the picture, Parish, Reed, Lynch and Jackson out of the backfield, all of the sudden Buffalo is looking real dangerous to face on offense. :unsure:

Add the mighty Turk to the equation and I smell playoffs :thumbsup:

I want to add, Robert Royal had an awesome game in Toronto, WOW!!!

Agreed.

I agree with you. Youboty has played good. Yes he got torched on the Steelers first TD, but I do like what I've seen from him. The CB position is going to be most interesting to watch when it's time for the teams to make their cuts.

I haven't seen a better replay angle, but from the way Youboty was scrambling to catch up I think there was some sort of miscommunication or blown coverage between him and Wilson on that play.

Preston, McKelvin, Youboty, Hardy, Ellison, Wendling, Ellis, Royal, Jenkins, Costanzo, and Schonert

Edwards...no...watch his head in a pass play...he's still staring down his receivers and if he doesn't learn to stop, it's going to kill us like it did against Dallas

Its hard to say who has impressed me most because only a few players were consistent in both games so far. Most Bills players have looked good and one, and bad in the other. The consistent ones I am impressed with is McKelvin, Youboty and Poz.

If I had to go and pick an under the radar guy, I'm definitely impressed with S Jon Corto. He has no only been all over the field on defense, but also on special teams too. I think we might be shocked by some cuts at safety this year. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me to see Bryan Scott let go.

Preston, McKelvin, Youboty, Hardy, Ellison, Wendling, Ellis, Royal, Jenkins, Costanzo, and Schonert

Edwards...no...watch his head in a pass play...he's still staring down his receivers and if he doesn't learn to stop, it's going to kill us like it did against Dallas

Dude your stoned. Watch the first Royal TD again. He looks right first then comes back to Royal and threads the needle.

There's been a lot to be excited about, if you ask me. I really like Hardy. I think he is gonna be a difference maker for us the moment he steps on the field. He's just too big for any team to ignore. He made a great TD catch vs. the Skins. And while he didn't record any stats against Pitt, he did a great job as a "decoy." I think Lee is gonna really feed off of him, so will Royal and the TEs. While it's certain he will experience growing pains and make some mistakes, I think he's gonna be great from the get-go.

Youboty first had and INT, then a sack. What!? Looks like he's making a case to stay on the team here. The CB competetion is hot. He's impressed me too.

I don't know why, but I absolutely love watching great ST play. I always stand and watch closely on every ST play when I'm at the Ralph. And so, naturally I was really excited when McKelvin ran that one back. Even if he takes some time to develop as a CB, his ST contributions will be tremendous right away.

Youboty has been decent we cant argue that. Fact of the matter is when it comes regular season he pretty much sucks! Im sure he makes the team somehow. Prolly special teamer.

I'm thinking we'll see Youboty stick around and make a decent contribution this year. The CB I expect to see gone is Will James, he just doesn't seem to be making an impact at all and he is getting beaten by TEs, RBs and slot receivers. It seems like whenever I see a catch made against our nickel package, Will James comes running into the picture once somebody else has already caught up to the play and all but made the tackle.