One Game Playoff-Red Sox vs Yankees

T-Bone

I was down after the Yankees took a 3 to nothing lead over the Red Sox.

NavyBillsFan (where is he now?) wrote a post over the weekend asking where T-Bone was.

Joe Six Pack writes a post claiming to be a Yankee fan now.

LaBillsFan is telling Da Boneman to swap teams.

The Red Sox made history by coming back after a three game deficit to tie it and force a one game playoff. That is all this is, one game, winner goes to the World Series loser goes home.

Whatever happens tonight, the Red Sox showed me what a gutsy team they are. Good luck to them and beat those Yankees.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do us all a favor and make sure all the Masshooles dont do anything stupid today like paint "2004 World Series" on the Fenway field or not take out Bill Buckner in the later innings.

And remember....If you beat the Yanks today, THE CURSE IS STILL ALIVE.

The Curse is not winning the WORLD SERIES. It has nothing to do with the Yankees.

IF you dont win it all this year, "1918" lives on.

A great series for sure! It feels great to be a Sox fan regardless of game 7! Schilling was great even @ 75%. Thanks SHitfield for challenging the Sox manhood! The chance of either team winning the WS is almost unrealistic. This series has destroyed the teams emotionally & physically!

what is a masshooles? Wow, what great fans in the Bronx. batteries, cellphones, rocks were thrown! THe curse? believe in anything you want, if it makes you feel better! Do you know what lives on are moronic Yankmee fans like yourself, giving a proud franchise a bad rap!

Just do us all a favor and make sure all the Masshooles dont do anything stupid today like paint "2004 World Series" on the Fenway field or not take out Bill Buckner in the later innings.

The Curse is not winning the WORLD SERIES. It has nothing to do with the Yankees.

77074[/snapback]

77074[/snapback]

Curses are only real if you believe in them, and I don't believe in them.

I would worry more about the ARod curse if I were you.

I have enjoyed the playoffs and I am happy to see it go seven games.

That said, I am and will always be a Yankees fan. Win or lose: I do not lurk, I do not hide, I do not whine, and I do not rub salt in open wounds. :lol:

GO YANKEES!

I've heard talk show hosts and the like saying that it would have been less painful for Sox fans if they had been swept rather than taking it to a Game 7 and losing. I wholeheartedly disagree, especially in this instance and in this manner in which this team has come back from the dead to force a winner take all game. No matter what happens tonight, I'll be proud of this team for the way it showed the heart/guts and tenacity that we all knew they had.

I think if the Sox win tonight, the momentum and relief will carry them through the World Series. That and a few days of rest would help greatly.

I've heard talk show hosts and the like saying that it would have been less painful for Sox fans if they had been swept rather than taking it to a Game 7 and losing.      I wholeheartedly disagree, especially in this instance and in this manner in which this team has come back from the dead to force a winner take all game.        No matter what happens tonight, I'll be proud of this team for the way it showed the heart/guts and tenacity that we all knew they had.   

I think if the Sox win tonight, the momentum and relief will carry them through the World Series.  That and a few days of rest would help greatly.

77091[/snapback]

Hey win or lose tonight I'm proud to be a Bosox fan. Red Sox players remind me of everyday Americans. Scratching and clawing to just get by. I don't know what Yankee players were thinking...maybe they thought the ALCS was supposed to be given to them, guess not

Hey win or lose tonight I'm proud to be a Bosox fan.  Red Sox players remind me of everyday Americans.  Scratching and clawing to just get by.  I don't know what Yankee players were thinking...maybe they thought the ALCS was supposed to be given to them, guess not

77101[/snapback]

Yankee players haven't expected anything to be given to them. That is an idiotic statement. Boston has just simply out pitched us the last three nights. We'll see what happens tonight. If Boston wins then they deserve it. They have fought hard to win three in a row.

Now to vent a little. Where the fug is Olerud? How hard did he hit himself anyway? Tony Clark SUCKS!!! I think he's struck out 80 percent of the time he's been up. I hate to see him walk to the plate. I could hit better than this !@#$.

Yankee players haven't expected anything to be given to them. That is an idiotic statement. Boston has just simply out pitched us the last three nights. We'll see what happens tonight. If Boston wins then they deserve it. They have fought hard to win three in a row.

Now to vent a little. Where the fug is Olerud? How hard did he hit himself anyway? Tony Clark SUCKS!!! I think he's struck out 80 percent of the time he's been up. I hate to see him walk to the plate. I could hit better than this !@#$.

77106[/snapback]

Ok, lets just say...after game the the Yankees had an arrogance to them, an invincibility about them...guess that is gone...by the way Marine telling a 20 year Navy man that his comment was idiotic, now that is a textbook definition of an oxymoron if you know what i mean.

you shoulda kept quiet...they are billsfanone now.

77093[/snapback]

I absolutely agree, I have been quietly rooting for the Sox only because I hate Steinbrenner, the Winfield / Spira debacle was the most atrocious display of scumbaggery I have ever seen. For that I will always root against anything associated with George Steinbrenner.

:devil:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thats priceless.  Yep, Jeter and the boys thought it was supposed to be handed to them!! HAHAHAHAHA

77118[/snapback]

Do you honestly believe that Jeter and the boys felt they would lose 3 straight? What happen to the great clean up hitter from the East, Godzilla after a nuclear blast?? You consider it, Mr. Captain has not had a completely productive series.

Do you honestly believe that Jeter and the boys felt they would lose 3 straight?  What happen to the great clean up hitter from the East, Godzilla after a nuclear blast??  You consider it, Mr. Captain has not had a completely productive series.

77123[/snapback]

Do you think of the Red Sox were up 3-0 and they lost 3 straight, that Ortiz and the boys would have felt they would have lost 3 straight? Why should they feel the way??? Good teams expect to win. If you are trying to imply that Yankees players are arrogant as well as their fans, then just say it already.

what is a masshooles? Wow, what great fans in the Bronx. batteries, cellphones, rocks were thrown! THe curse? believe in anything you want, if it makes you feel better! Do you know what lives on are moronic Yankmee fans like yourself, giving a proud franchise a bad rap!

Im a METS fan, dummy. I have my own problems. I have no "dog" in this fight. Im just enjoyng wathcing some great ball being played.

And please spare me the "what is a 'M!@#$'" tripe. You know damn well you people up there have some of the nastiest 'tude in the country, ESPECIALLY when it comes to baseball.

Again....dont run your big mouths or do anything stupid like you usually do and WIN THE DAMN GAME. And then, WIN THE DAMN WORLD SERIES.

Anything less and you're still nothing more than a bunch of losers with big mouths.

I absolutely agree, I have been quietly rooting for the Sox only because I hate Steinbrenner, the Winfield / Spira debacle was the most atrocious display of scumbaggery I have ever seen. For that I will always root against anything associated with George Steinbrenner.

77122[/snapback]

Great, now you prodded the fuggin bear. :devil:

I have enjoyed the playoffs and I am happy to see it go seven games.

That said, I am and will always be a Yankees fan. Win or lose: I do not lurk, I do not hide, I do not whine, and I do not rub salt in open wounds.  :devil:

GO YANKEES!

77084[/snapback]

You are the quintessential fan and I salute you. I'm proud to be a Bills fan with a person like you.

BF on the other hand... :lol:

You are the big mouth. You are the one with the comment Masshoole?? spelling ? Regardless of game 7 like I said.. great series, Losers?? its called passion.. you arogant prick!

Im a METS fan, dummy. I have my own problems. I have no "dog" in this fight. Im just enjoyng wathcing some great ball being played.

And please spare me the "what is a 'M!@#$'" tripe. You know damn well you people up there have some of the nastiest 'tude in the country, ESPECIALLY when it comes to baseball.

Again....dont run your big mouths or do anything stupid like you usually do and WIN THE DAMN GAME. And then, WIN THE DAMN WORLD SERIES.

Anything less and you're still nothing more than a bunch of losers with big mouths.

77180[/snapback]

As I said before this series started.

Once Sheff and Arod get some pressure on them you are going to see a whole different team.

Neither of them have been able to produce when the chips are down this series.

Sheff tends to pop everything up b/c they pitch him away and he tries to kill the ball. Arod is looking more and more like a little girl in his plate appearances.

Tony Clark gets a 2-0 fastball down the middle of the plate and....watches it go by. Then, decides to swing at two high fastballs. Foulke set him up perfectly and he fell for it.

This isn't what I have seen in the past as "Yankee Baseball" Hideki and Sierra did the right things by working the count. But why is Tony taking a 2-0 fastball???? Miguel Cairo is behind you Tony, you are 6 foot 8. Drive the ball when you have the opportunity.

You are the big mouth. You are the one with the comment Masshoole?? spelling ? Regardless of game 7 like I said.. great series, Losers?? its called passion.. you arogant prick!

The double "oo" was to get around the profanity filter. How long have you been posting here?

Please stop with the "who me??" crap in regards to Boston fans and their attitude. Between that and the fact that its been completely been lost on you that IM ROOTING FOR THE SOX TO WIN, youve just been embarrasing yourself.

And yeah...LOSERS. Buckner, Boone, Dent, losing to the Red, not signing an minority players in the 50's, screwing up the AROD and Ordonez deal last Winter, Grady Little, painting the WS logo on the field at Fenway before game 7 was even played last year. The Sawx and their frustrated fanbase has commited more gaffes and had their mouths write checks they cant cash for close to a century now. So PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND WIN THE DAMN GAME. If you dont, the curse lives, what took place the last three days means JACK and 1918 rings true STILL.

From this yankee fan to all you sox fans! bring it on tonight! its for all the marbles! may the better team win!

NavyBillsFan (where is he now?) wrote a post over the weekend asking where T-Bone was.

The Red Sox made history by coming back after a three game deficit to tie it and force a one game playoff.  That is all this is, one game, winner goes to the World Series loser goes home.

Whatever happens tonight, the Red Sox showed me what a gutsy team they are.  Good luck to them and beat those Yankees.

77072[/snapback]

Wow, a little hostile! You my friend are the loser.. Regardless of the outcome tonight! Its been great! Its nice that you are rooting for the Sox.

You sound like an arrogant prick! Sorry I am not the ranting fool! I leave it at that tough guy!

The double "oo" was to get around the profanity filter. How long have you been posting here?

Please stop with the "who me??" crap in regards to Boston fans and their attitude. Between that and the fact that its been completely been lost on you that IM ROOTING FOR THE SOX TO WIN, youve just been embarrasing yourself.

And yeah...LOSERS. Buckner, Boone, Dent, losing to the Red, not signing an minority players in the 50's, screwing up the AROD and Ordonez deal last Winter, Grady Little, painting the WS logo on the field at Fenway before game 7 was even played last year. The Sawx and their frustrated fanbase has commited more gaffes and had their mouths write checks they cant cash for close to a century now. So PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND WIN THE DAMN GAME. If you dont, the curse lives, what took place the last three days means JACK and 1918 rings true STILL.

77243[/snapback]

...regardless of the outcome, tonight's Game 7 at the Big Ballpark is historic.

The "B" game from St. Louis starts at 4. The "A" game from New York starts at 8.

From 0-3 down to win a playoff series? Only been done twice and both times in 'ockey--'42 Leafs (vs. Dead Things) and '75 Isles (vs. Penguinis). Never been done in the NBA, never been done in MLB, but the Sox have an incredible opportunity tonight in the latter.

Playoff drama at its best tonight in the Bronx. EVERY PITCH COUNTS!

Guest Big Stein
:devil:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thats priceless.  Yep, Jeter and the boys thought it was supposed to be handed to them!! HAHAHAHAHA

77118[/snapback]

Ummm...wasn't Jeter the one who said last year something to the effect of, "I told Boone...just wait, the ghosts will show up eventually."? That quote has rung in my ears throughout the last three games, and pretty much whenever Fox shows a shot of Jeter in the dugout. It's an interesting mentality to have anyway. One which I can't blame them for having, historically speaking, but certainly an interesting one.

I don't think Jeter does, but I think A-Rod expects everything is going to go his way.  What a classless jerk.  He showed his true colors again last night.

77278[/snapback]

Heres my point:

Why wouldnt a Boston player EXPECT everything to go his way??

What are you Red Sox fans or Yankee haters trying to point out here??

What player DOSENT expect to succeed???

Enlighten me.

would you care to explain how he "showed his true colors"? are you referring to him trying to get on base by swatting at the glove? is that classless? i call it smart baseball, doing what it takes to help your team win!

I don't think Jeter does, but I think A-Rod expects everything is going to go his way.  What a classless jerk.  He showed his true colors again last night.

77278[/snapback]

The Red Sox made history by coming back after a three game deficit to tie it and force a one game playoff.  That is all this is, one game, winner goes to the World Series loser goes home.

Whatever happens tonight, the Red Sox showed me what a gutsy team they are.  Good luck to them and beat those Yankees.

77072[/snapback]

Don't worry T-Bone, the Yankees are the ones going home tonight.

These people will continue to rely on some ghost showing up in the 8th inning because they know deep down their team doesn't have the heart or the talent to get the job done tonight.

By "Home" you undoubtedly(sp) mean the world series, right? :devil:

These people will continue to rely on some ghost showing up in the 8th inning because they know deep down their team doesn't have the heart or the talent to get the job done tonight.

77303[/snapback]

Could it be the all-time, all-ultimate set up to crush the Red Sox & Red Sox Nation? Babe Ruth has a front row seat tonight. Regardless of how it got to Game 7, it's here. Throw out the rest of this series. One game, best team wins. If the Red Sox somehow do pull it out, all the Yankee Curse talk is over forever. If the Yankees win, then it's just another crushing Red Sox loss and the legend gets even bigger. Red Sox fans have to have that doubt in the back of their minds. Yankees fans are just waiting for the ghosts to show up. Something wacky will no doubt happen tonight. No predictions, just GO YANKEES!

77303[/snapback]

How can you possibly sit here and say the yankees dont have the heart? This makes me laugh almost every time I hear it....do we know these players personally? How do we really know what is in their heart???

And again, why arent you concentrating on the "Choke Job By the Misssissippi???" :devil: