Bill/Steelers on DirecTV

BillsNYC

ORCHARD PARK, NY - The Bills Toronto Series kicks off at Rogers Centre this Thursday with the Buffalo Bills taking on the Pittsburgh Steelers (7:30 pm). The game will be televised locally. All tickets for the game have been distributed at this time. Largely due to the release of team and player holds, limited individual game tickets are expected to become available for fans to purchase on TicketMaster and the Rogers Centre Box Office through the start of Thursday’s game.

Fans across the region can watch the game in high definition on the Bills Television Network. Affiliates of BTN include WKBW-Buffalo, WHAM-Rochester, WTVH-Syracuse, WSEE-Erie,PA and Citytv in Ontario, Canada.

Radio listeners can tune into the game in Buffalo on 97 Rock (96.9 FM) and 103.3 The Edge (103.3 FM). Listeners in Rochester can tune into WHAM-AM and in Canada on The Fan 590. The game can also be heard throughout the region on the Bills radio network.

As a reminder, gates open at 5:30 pm and the Bills encourage fans to allow for extra time prior to entering the stadium.

I don't think it will be blacked out based on this.

From BB.com LINK

Nice link, but it doesn't really answer Bill's question.

Bill, I'm also seeing it on channel 659 -- Fox Sports Pittsburgh. I have no idea whether or not it will be blacked out for those of us not in the Pittsburgh region, but I'm setting my DVR just in case.

You know, the replay will be aired on NFL Network (212) at midnight, right?

The game is being listed as on one of the FSN channels at 7:30 on Thursday. What are the odds of it actually being televised? Or is it going to be blacked out?

Bill--my experience is that out of area games are blacked out. I hope that isn't the case on Thursday, but unless it is a national game I think we're out of luck. NFL Network is replaying it twice, neither time 'convenient'.

Bill--my experience is that out of area games are blacked out. I hope that isn't the case on Thursday, but unless it is a national game I think we're out of luck. NFL Network is replaying it twice, neither time 'convenient'.

Unless you live in Pittsburgh, the local FSN channel will be blacked out. Outside of upstate NY (Bflo, Roch, Syr), Toronto, and Pittsburgh the only option is the NFLN replay currently listed 12:00 Mid on Saturday the 16th, or later that morning at 9:00 am.

Unless you live in Pittsburgh, the local FSN channel will be blacked out. Outside of upstate NY (Bflo, Roch, Syr), Toronto, and Pittsburgh the only option is the NFLN replay currently listed 12:00 Mid on Saturday the 16th, or later that morning at 9:00 am.

Correction - 9:00 am and 6:00 pm on Saturday the 16th.

Correction - 9:00 am and 6:00 pm on Saturday the 16th.

Corrected correction:

Copied/Pasted From Current DirecTV schedule

Duration:180 minutesCategories:Sports

Future airings:

Saturday, August 16 10:00 AM EDT 212NFL

Saturday, August 16 4:00 PM EDT 212NFL

Tuesday, August 19 9:00 AM EDT 212NFL

I guess it's more relevant to show reruns of last season's games than current preseason games. Go figure.

Additioanl Correction...

Just found this:

Buffalo Bills vs Pittsburgh Steelers NR (Not Rated)

From Rogers Centre in Toronto.

Channel: 212 Air Time: 12:00 AM - 3:00 AM

So, after the Chargers Cheerleaders show (which is on at the same time as live Bills-Stillers game), NFL network shows the game at midnight Thursday (12am Fri).

Good to know their priorities ar in order.

Just hoping the regular season games don't get pre-empted for The Bachelor.

I'm also out of the area and subscribe to DTV & Sunday Ticket. Last week there were games (local) listed in the 600 range that were blacked out. I'm fumin' as Sunday Ticket + SuperFan is outrageously priced on it's own. You'd think they'd show pre-season games... :lol:

:wallbash:

Corrected correction:

Copied/Pasted From Current DirecTV schedule

Duration:180 minutesCategories:Sports

Future airings:

Saturday, August 16 10:00 AM EDT 212NFL

Saturday, August 16 4:00 PM EDT 212NFL

Tuesday, August 19 9:00 AM EDT 212NFL

I guess it's more relevant to show reruns of last season's games than current preseason games. Go figure.

Corrected corrected correction:

Thursday August 14: 12:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

Saturday: 9:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

6:00 PM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

NFL Network link

Corrected corrected correction:

Thursday August 14: 12:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

Saturday: 9:00 AM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

6:00 PM NFL PRESEASON GAME 2008 NFL Preseason Game: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills - from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada.

NFL Network link

In addition, the NFL Network will show the game Tuesday, August 19 at 9am!

I'm also out of the area and subscribe to DTV & Sunday Ticket. Last week there were games (local) listed in the 600 range that were blacked out. I'm fumin' as Sunday Ticket + SuperFan is outrageously priced on it's own. You'd think they'd show pre-season games... :P

:lol:

Preseason games are all owned and produced by independent stations, not the NFL. Therefore, they're not part of Sunday Ticket.

I'm also out of the area and subscribe to DTV & Sunday Ticket. Last week there were games (local) listed in the 600 range that were blacked out. I'm fumin' as Sunday Ticket + SuperFan is outrageously priced on it's own. You'd think they'd show pre-season games... :P

Your definition of outrageous apparently differs from mine. For the rabid football fan, the ability to enjoy every game in HD at home, and be able to watch over the internet if not at home, is well worth $20 a week (the average cost of Sunday Ticket renewal + SuperFan).

Granted, it doesn't fit everyone's budget, but if that's the case those same people couldn't afford to hit the sports bar every week.

I think someone else posted this, but the NFL TV contracts with the major networks do not cover preseason -- the TV rights are owned by the teams themselves, and they are free to make deals as they see fit. It's fantastic that NFL Network shows the replays.

Blacked out you asked

Toronto is 98.65 miles from Buffalo. IIRC the blackout rule is 75 miles

Ummm..the tv signal doesn't travel around Lake Ontario along the QEW.

Using a point A to point B straight line model, the city centers of Buffalo and Toronto are about 58+ miles apart.

Your definition of outrageous apparently differs from mine. For the rabid football fan, the ability to enjoy every game in HD at home, and be able to watch over the internet if not at home, is well worth $20 a week (the average cost of Sunday Ticket renewal + SuperFan).

Granted, it doesn't fit everyone's budget, but if that's the case those same people couldn't afford to hit the sports bar every week.

I think someone else posted this, but the NFL TV contracts with the major networks do not cover preseason -- the TV rights are owned by the teams themselves, and they are free to make deals as they see fit. It's fantastic that NFL Network shows the replays.

I hear ya.. I've had Sunday Ticket for a dozen years -all the way back to $149.00. Granted the HD is awesome, but you need SuperFan for it and it just keeps escalating to where it's now more than twice that much. It's now on a par with season tix.. Yeah, I'm bitchin', but I won't give it up!!

Definately cheaper for out-of-towners, than the local sports bar every Sunday to watch the Bills!

Ummm..the tv signal doesn't travel around Lake Ontario along the QEW.

Using a point A to point B straight line model, the city centers of Buffalo and Toronto are about 58+ miles apart.

Good point. Also, iinm, the Toronto games are considered Buffalo "Home" games. Meaning, if the people of Toronto don't sell out a game it's blacked out in the Buffalo market regardless of the distance.

Do you get the 600 channels via Sports Pack? If you don't subscribe to Sports Pack, you wouldn't see the games anywho.