Brett Favre traded to the New York Jets per FoxSports

As a fellow New Jerseyan my #1 concern about this situation is how much this is going to drive the ticket prices up for jets games. Last year I was able to get lower level seats and parking passes for 45 bucks a piece on stub hub and most of the jets fans left a tie game in the 4th quarter to protest chad pennington and we could go down to the front row for Losman to Evans. Now no matter how bad the jets are, they're gonna sell out, and I'm gonna have to pay more for tickets to the Bills game.

Hey I'am president fo the NORTH NEW JERSEY BILLS BACKERS. we are in Bills.com under Backer search. Come join us and watch the games over at DUFFY"S in Paterson, we have a great bunch of Bills fans that come to watch the games. Good wings and beer. Plus the bar owner gives us the big screen TV every weekend for the Bills game.

SID

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you take one fact, ignore all others and or mitigation, like the fact that our O co-ordintator personally lost us multiple games last year, and try to make a point.

Take off the bubble boy glasses and realize that there's no way in hell Cotchery, Clemens, and Brett Favre are worth Lee Evans at this point, and likely won't ever be going forward. Deal with reality. I just went to camp I saw him with my own two eyes, and he is going to have an All-Pro year. I know football. If you do, and you saw what I did, you'd be saying the same thing.

This isn't homerism, this is simply pointing out that I have never seen Lee Evans look this good, every play and I've seen two separate days. The last time I saw a WR look this good live, it was TO. The time before that, it was Andre Reed.

Lee Evans is on track to dominate games this year, and it's not just because of help on the other side. He was beating double coverage over and over out there and honestly nobody on the Bills is covering him right now, and this is a Tampa 2 friggin defense.

Hey OC, reread this post. While you may agree with the content, you come across as a know-it-all idiot.

Evans is that good, huh? Get over yourself. :angry:

Favre's return to 05-06 form has been alluded to by others in the thread. I heard Glazer on the radio the other day mentioning how Favre was never an off-season workout hound to begin with and often came to camp in less than the best of shape. During the '07 offseason the Packers had him working with a personal trainer, following a strict nutrition program, and doing all sorts of additional conditioning. The result last year was that he showed up in the best shape of his life and had a great year. Glazer's main point was that NONE of that has happened this year. Glazer also predicts a performance closer to that of 05-06 than what we saw last year. I tend to agree.

That said, the Jets' oline is solid and any kind of running game will make him more effective for sure. But he's still in a new place in a new system and not in the kind of physical shape he was in last year at this time. If Favre comes out of the gate slowly this year the NY press will crucify him and the pressure will be tremendous and I can see him trying to force things (which he's always done) more as a result.

History is littered with great QBs who just couldn't walk away and went to other teams only to sadly prove the point that their best days were far behind them. I predict the same for Favre.

GO BILLS!!!

Did Favre just score a 4th round draft pick for the Packers on his way out the door?

The silver lining here is there's a 50%+ chance he'll never take the field as a Jet, IMO. I'd love to see him whip them into a frenzy and leave....

So, if the Vikings would give a first for Favre, should we get in the middle and offer the Jet's a second? I don't think the deal can involvee more than whether the Jets trade (directly) to the Vikings without being collusion.

Hey I'am president fo the NORTH NEW JERSEY BILLS BACKERS. we are in Bills.com under Backer search. Come join us and watch the games over at DUFFY"S in Paterson, we have a great bunch of Bills fans that come to watch the games. Good wings and beer. Plus the bar owner gives us the big screen TV every weekend for the Bills game.

SID

I'll definitely have to come check it out. My family and I have been watching the games at o'reily's in maplewood for about 10 years now. Its not a bills bar, but there's a group of about 15 bills fans that are regulars. But we always like to find out about new places, the last couple of years we've caught some games at Mcfaddens in NYC and the bills bar in hoboken (the shannon). I'll let my dad know, and we'll def schedule a trip or two out to Patterson this year. thanks for the info.

This is my worst nightmare. Not because he's going to make the Jets into a Super Bowl contender, but because all other

AFC east stories will now be buried under the never-ending pile of Favre hype. As another poster mentioned, history is

littered with egocentric older players who think they're bigger than the team. And this is in the NFL, where they can have the best of both worlds. You can be an individual star, yet still play what is to me the ultimate team sport. But it's still not enough for some of these guys. Joe Montana is the most recent example. In fact, his last game as a pro ended at the Ralph, with

him sitting on the sidelines after getting knocked out of the game.

I'm sure Bret's a nice guy, but he's delusional. He hasn't had any meaningful practice time at all, he's going to a new system,

(even though it's a similar system, it's still new) and he's out of shape. It takes a lot of time for an offense to gel, and they don't have it. Good luck. And good luck hearing about any other team in the AFC East in the national media.

Just wait until Madden gets behind the mic.

Ugh.

You know, if the Bills win enough football games none of this matters one iota. I don't understand what all the bitching and moaning is about.

EXACTLY - MY POINT EXACTLY.......

NOW EVERY! HERE SAY IT WITH ME LIKE I MENTIONED IN MY ORIGINAL POST

I AIN'T SCAAARRREEEDDD

The media here in Tampa is all over the Buc's this morning. On how this Farve thing was handled here. And how Garcia is/was being treated.

I think I feel worse for Pennington. Just one month ago, he had the inside track of being the starter for an NFL team, and then Brett Favre falls out of the sky, a few weeks into training camp, and changes his whole story.

I am a fan of Brett Favre but he is beatable especially on a crappy Jets team. I personally don't think the additions the Jets made make them any better. They didn't upgrade their WR, or RB and that will kill their offense. There defense isn't any better either.

Brett Favre is a west coast system QB who relies on his quick release and mobility out of the pocket. The Jets receivers are anything but quick and they don't have a deep threat.

I think I feel worse for Pennington. Just one month ago, he had the inside track of being the starter for an NFL team, and then Brett Favre falls out of the sky, a few weeks into training camp, and changes his whole story.

Sure I can see that. Though they sat Garcia the last regular season game, which would have made him an extra 1 million dollars. They also told him dont worry about it, we'll make it up to you we'll re-do your contract. He is the main reason they won the NFC south last year. Now they wont re-do. With Farve or not. Garcia got royally screwed.

I'd take Garcia over Pennington any day. :angry:

Pennington 9 mill (cap hit)

Garcia 5 mill (cap hit )

I'm in the camp that Favre will not make the Jets much better, if at all. He has to mesh with new teammates and a new system. You don;t just put in a brand new QB and all of a sudden throw for 4,000 yds and 25 TD's. This isn;t a video game. The guy already has major shortcomings with his 38yr old gunslinger mentality and little mobility. I see a ton of INT's in Favre's future. I think this actually may hurt the Jets in that he could get them to 8-8 and they still will not have developed Clemens or another young QB for the future.

By the time the Jets play the Bills, I'll bet that Brett in already on the shelf with a separated shoulder or ruptured achilles.(or some other ailment that sneaks up on older QB's).

It's kinda' cool that he is in our division but ultimately Favre is going to be a non factor.

I agree with you.

But, the Jets were going nowhere with Pennington this season. They had to make a splash. The NY tabloids have gone gaga over Manning and the Giants since their improbable Super Bowl run. The Jets were left in the lurch. Until early this morning.

Favre gives the Jets a name for at least one and probably two years. Mike Greenburg said on ESPN Radio this morning that part of the reason for the trade could have been because the Jets are getting ready to sell PSL's for the new stadium they're sharing with the Giants (even though the stadium won't be open for another two years).

We will see what happens with Favre with Gang Green. He needed to get out of Green Bay, b/c the team had obviously grown tired of the will-I-or-won't-I-retire game he's played with the team over the past five years. But, I'm in the camp saying the Jets are getting the 2005-06 Favre, not the 2007 version, since he's not going to be in the best of shape once he reports.

BTW, the Jets are in Cleveland tonight for their pre-season opener. Favre is apparently not expected to be here...haven't heard otherwise to this point.

I'm in the camp that Favre will not make the Jets much better, if at all. He has to mesh with new teammates and a new system. You don;t just put in a brand new QB and all of a sudden throw for 4,000 yds and 25 TD's. This isn;t a video game. The guy already has major shortcomings with his 38yr old gunslinger mentality and little mobility. I see a ton of INT's in Favre's future. I think this actually may hurt the Jets in that he could get them to 8-8 and they still will not have developed Clemens or another young QB for the future.

By the time the Jets play the Bills, I'll bet that Brett in already on the shelf with a separated shoulder or ruptured achilles.(or some other ailment that sneaks up on older QB's).

It's kinda' cool that he is in our division but ultimately Favre is going to be a non factor.

Yes, because we all know how injury prone he is! :angry:

I agree with you.

But, the Jets were going nowhere with Pennington this season. They had to make a splash. The NY tabloids have gone gaga over Manning and the Giants since their improbable Super Bowl run. The Jets were left in the lurch. Until early this morning.

Favre gives the Jets a name for at least one and probably two years. Mike Greenburg said on ESPN Radio this morning that part of the reason for the trade could have been because the Jets are getting ready to sell PSL's for the new stadium they're sharing with the Giants (even though the stadium won't be open for another two years).

We will see what happens with Favre with Gang Green. He needed to get out of Green Bay, b/c the team had obviously grown tired of the will-I-or-won't-I-retire game he's played with the team over the past five years.

Oh, no doubt. I was just saying that, ulitmately, Pennington was just the victim of a random chance thing here...and most likely out of a job...something most would have never seen coming, or would have ever fathomed.

If the trade is completed and Favre plays in the green uni, he'll get about a 5 game honeymoon before he begins to be consumed by the media in NY, a media who will have no respect for the trophies, rings and banners Favre earned as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

I always liked watching the guy play- he's a good leader and fun on the field- but he's frequently on the wrong side of the risk equation and moving to the AFC East with the 2008 Jets is likely to turn into a disaster for his reputation, a rep he's already tarnished with his flip-flopping.

Until the smoke clears I'll be a little skeptical about it coming to pass, but if it does it sure stinks of a "Be Careful What You Wish For" situation for a guy who could have otherwise enjoyed a lot of rounds of golf with premium endorsement income over the next dozen or so years.