Peters' apologists beware...

eball

Did the offence really become that much worse when Peters injured himself last season?

The offence was horrible all season, and I didn't see that much of a difference between when peters was playing and when he wasn't that would make me believe that he is the reason why this team will Sink or Swim this year

Yes. remember the giant game?

If Peters doesn't play this year, the Bills will be forced to compendate with a TE and/or a RB to account for his loss, and postpone the hospitalization of Trent (or yes, JP). This will take offenders out of the play and limit the available weapons.

If you disagree with every word I post here, please trust me wrt the above. :cry:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or...maybe...he's got a front row seat to watch how the team is holding steadfast in their position on Peters, and he's realizing what a stupid goddam idea it is to act like a freakin' baby, arms crossed, lower lip curled, while mumbling a big HARUMP as he sits on his ass doing nothing to help his cause.

The moment this team just cuts Peters a check for the sake of salvaging a season is the moment a horrible, horrible precedent is set for this regime.

Precedent? Have you ever heard of the term "exception to the rule"? Jason Peters is the ONLY Bills player that can do this because he is irreplaceable. Don't you think the Bills put THEMSELVES in a bad position here? By giving Kelsay that huge contract? Schobel a huge raise? Walker and Dockery huge bucks? Why is Peters the one they decide to go cheap on? The Bills sheepishly think that since they upped his pay a couple of years ago that he should honor it in the face of other Bills players, who are no where near Peters' talent, getting very rich. This is where they decide to save cap money. What the Bills are doing is shameful, bush league and small minded.

Stupid? Sorry, but Jason Peters is a VERY smart man. He's not playing games with the Bills and going to pretend he isn't getting a major shaft job. He KNOWS he is indispensable and VASTLY underpaid. As for other Bills players doing this, who exactly is that? I see no one that can get away with that strategy other than Peters. Stupid man? Hardly. The Bills set up this scenario and created this situation. I'm in Peters' corner and I'm glad he's giving these ingrates the middle finger.

Precedent? Have you ever heard of the term "exception to the rule"? Jason Peters is the ONLY Bills player that can do this because he is irreplaceable. Don't you think the Bills put THEMSELVES in a bad position here? By giving Kelsay that huge contract? Schobel a huge raise? Walker and Dockery huge bucks? Why is Peters the one they decide to go cheap on? The Bills sheepishly think that since they upped his pay a couple of years ago that he should honor it in the face of other Bills players, who are no where near Peters' talent, getting very rich. This is where they decide to save cap money. What the Bills are doing is shameful, bush league and small minded.

Stupid? Sorry, but Jason Peters is a VERY smart man. He's not playing games with the Bills and going to pretend he isn't getting a major shaft job. He KNOWS he is indispensable and VASTLY underpaid. As for other Bills players doing this, who exactly is that? I see no one that can get away with that strategy other than Peters. Stupid man? Hardly. The Bills set up this scenario and created this situation. I'm in Peters' corner and I'm glad he's giving these ingrates the middle finger.

Wow....you agree with me? It sure is great that Edwards will be the starter, huh? :D:cry::D

If Peters doesn't play this year, the Bills will be forced to compendate with a TE and/or a RB to account for his loss, and postpone the hospitalization of Trent (or yes, JP). This will take offenders out of the play and limit the available weapons.

If you disagree with every word I post here, please trust me wrt the above. :cry:

I think we lost that game because of Jauron, not Peters. When the weather got bad, Caughlan was smart enough to not throw the ball and Dick wasn't.

That, and the Giants had a slightly better D Line than most teams!

And the Bills D forgot how to tackle on an 88-yard TD run

And Lee Evans had a catchable pass bounce off his hands for a TD Int

And there was a bad snap on a punt

And... oh, you get the idea.

Peters is a great player, but remember, even after he went down the Bills were able to re-take the lead in that game.

I am not saying he does not matter (far from it!)... but there are a lot of nuances involved here. I hope they all come to their senses and work something out. My suspicion is that Peters will show up before the 8 August deadline... we'll see.

let shope Jason Taylor doesn't rip Trent Edwards head out of his socket. Ralph Wilson is screwing this situation up like he always does everytime he has a good thing going. why he gave Schobel and Kelsay raises and not Peters is a big joke

Wow....you agree with me? It sure is great that Edwards will be the starter, huh? :blink::D:D

Hey we have to agree on some things Bills related, right? :cry:

I didn't even think of that Edwards angle, boy are they setting their young QB up for a huge beatdown this year. Losman's probably in on it! :D

I am not saying he does not matter (far from it!)... but there are a lot of nuances involved here. I hope they all come to their senses and work something out. My suspicion is that Peters will show up before the 8 August deadline... we'll see.

Actually, I think they already have worked it out and Peters knows he's getting more money, but they told him to stay home and get completely 100% healthy. That way we would all be talking about him and not the sure to come Quarterback Contoversy. At least this way, that won't happen until week 2. :cry:

Hmmm, yeah, i think I remember that game, it was wet, and by the third quarter I was freezing my @ss off standing on my feet all game in the 100 level at RWS. Yeah, its all coming back to me now. And If I remember correctly, the Bills didn't lose that game because Peters went down. I think the weather played a bit of a factor, along with the future SB winners, the Giants, playing a better game after the Bills took a big lead to start the game.

Did Trent Edwards get Sacked a ton more without Peters? Did he get injured alot more without Peters on the left side?

Who says Walker can't hold his own at LT, or Chambers at RT?

I still don't understand why people think Langston is such a bad player. I think he is a good RT. He isn't fat and lazy like he was made out to be from oakland. I believe he attended everything this offseason. Last year he played very good imo. Marshawn's first TD as a Bill came from that side. I don't remember alot of LDE's getting around him to the QB's. I think everyone agree's the the Bills Biggest problems is at Center in terms of the line.

Peters on the line at LT and Langston back at right is obviously the best line but what can you do. If you guys want to bash someone bash Peters. Don't bash the guy who has been a good teammate and switched sides without complaint. And please don't give me the Langston Switched sides for more money speech. Langston said himself it's only temporary until Peters returns.

Wow. The Bills are extending players left and right, but as soon as one decides to act like a baby, we're "going cheap?" This is how retarded this whole discussion has become. We have people who have become totally oblivious to the facts and are now inventing their own alternate reality. "Peters isn't holding out, the Bills are being cheap." This while the Bills are in the process of making Lee Evans one of the richest WRs in the NFL. With certain "fans" (I use that term loosely) the Bills can't do anything right.

PTR

Or...maybe...he's got a front row seat to watch how the team is holding steadfast in their position on Peters, and he's realizing what a stupid goddam idea it is to act like a freakin' baby, arms crossed, lower lip curled, while mumbling a big HARUMP as he sits on his ass doing nothing to help his cause.

The moment this team just cuts Peters a check for the sake of salvaging a season is the moment a horrible, horrible precedent is set for this regime.

The only ones acting like babies are the posters here who whine incessantly because Peters isn't doing what they want. “That Peters is STUPID, he doesn’t do what I want him to do!!!”

Peters is just sitting at home playing the waiting game like his agent has suggested he do. He’s not whining, complaining or taking his case to the media. Yeah, what a baby.

And as the other poster said, it sets no president other than if you're one of the best players in the league at one of the most important positions then the Bills will pay you what you deserve. I prefer that president to the one the Bills currently have of paying average players above average money.

So will you be on Evans side next season if he holds out after getting a new deal this offseason and he makes the Pro Bowl? I mean, he's obviously replaceable since only Peters is irreplaceable. What about Marshawn? Would you be on his side too? It would only be his second season as a starter at his current position and he is playing on a rookie contract, A spot in the Pro Bowl should mean more money for him.

How did the bills set this up themselves? They never forced Peters to sign the 5 year deal back when he was still an "up and coming player". He agreed to the deal. And no one (I don't even remember seeing the Bills FO ever say that they want him to play out this year before they negotiate with him) is saying he should have to play out his contract, just that he needs to show up to camp first and open the communications line. I remember seeing posters here say that they think the Bills should be the ones to open the communication lines which is assanine in a negotiation situation. The Bills signed Walker and Dockery as established FA's, and they had to pay what they did because they were FA's and the were some of the better ones available at the time. This is a very similar situation to what happened with Schoebel. He felt underpayed as a Pro Bowl DE, getting paid less then the new deal they gave Kelsay. The difference is, he shwoed up to camp and did what he was asked to do by the team, and they re-negotiated. Peters isn't doing that, and thats why the Bills are taking the stance they are with him. Its not because they think they can get away with saving money on him, or because of the color of his skin like someone suggested before, or because they don't think he is any good. They just don't initiate negotiations with players, and they don't negotiate with players that refuse to show up to camp.

If this situation is going to get resolved. Peters needs to show up to camp and show them he is ready to play, then if the Bills refuse to talk, he has all the reason in the world to sit out because he met their initial demand, to show up and open lines of communication. Peters is not smart. He ahs seen first hand that the Bills will take care of him if he does what he asks and shows up. They did it already for Schoebel while he ahs been here.

I think we lost that game because of Jauron, not Peters. When the weather got bad, Caughlan was smart enough to not throw the ball and Dick wasn't.

Jauron wasn't the OC or playcaller last year -- those duties belonged to Steve Fairchild, who is thankfully gone now. Get your facts straight. There is not one shred of evidence Jauron influenced what plays were called by Fairchild last season. Not one.

So will you be on Evans side next season if he holds out after getting a new deal this offseason and he makes the Pro Bowl? I mean, he's obviously replaceable since only Peters is irreplaceable.

Let's see Evans shake double teams and be more consistent in his play before we call him irreplaceable. Wide Receivers, in general, are replaceable. #1 receivers change teams every year and are seemingly available in the free agent market -- look no further than last year's Super Bowl teams, both of whom featured receivers signed in free agency.

Franchise Left Tackles? A different story.

Let's see Evans shake double teams and be more consistent in his play before we call him irreplaceable. Wide Receivers, in general, are replaceable. #1 receivers change teams every year and are seemingly available in the free agent market -- look no further than last year's Super Bowl teams, both of whom featured receivers signed in free agency.

Franchise Left Tackles? A different story.

Well said... :cry:

The only ones acting like babies are the posters here who whine incessantly because Peters isn't doing what they want. “That Peters is STUPID, he doesn’t do what I want him to do!!!”

Peters is just sitting at home playing the waiting game like his agent has suggested he do. He’s not whining, complaining or taking his case to the media. Yeah, what a baby.

And as the other poster said, it sets no president other than if you're one of the best players in the league at one of the most important positions then the Bills will pay you what you deserve. I prefer that president to the one the Bills currently have of paying average players above average money.

Who's complaining because Peters isn't doing what they want? Everyone that isn't taking his side in this are saying that he needs to do what the bills have asked of him, and thats get to camp and talk to them. Its as simple as that. The ones that are acting like babies are the ones that are whining cause the Bills aren't doing what they want, and thats throw away all leverage the Bills have in negotiations by just caving into Peters demands because they feel teh Bills will go winless without him since he has made the Pro Bowl.

Yes Peters is sitting at home doing what his agent is telling him to do, but that doesn't mean that its the right thing to do. And according to reports, not only is he not taking his case to the media, he also isn't taking it to his fellow teammates and the Bills FO either. Just because his agent told him to do it, it doesn't mean that he is doing the smart thing. Sitting out and not communicating with the FO is not going to get htis issue resolved, especially when teh Bills go public and say that if he shows up to camp, they are willing to work on a new deal. By the bills going public with that demand, its hard to go back on it, without making themselves look like the bad ones in this situation. Instead Peters is listening to his agent and missing valuable practice time, and is probably not winning over his teammates that are counting on him to be a big part of this years team.

You also talk about the Bills giving average players above average money. So you would call Schoebel average, and yet he has made 2 Pro Bowls to Peters 1 Pro Bowl? Peters has had one solid year at his current position and people like bill are already contacting artists to sculpt his bust for the HOF and talking about how the Bills are doomed without him, yet someone like Schoebel is just average. The bills have set a precident, and thats no player is above the team, and that if you show up to camp and do as we ask, we will do as you ask and reward you with a fair deal. Darwin Walker tried playing this same game with the bills last year, and I remember all the outcries about how doomed the Bills were for not caving into his demands for a new deal before he showed up to camp.

Jauron wasn't the OC or playcaller last year -- those duties belonged to Steve Fairchild, who is thankfully gone now. Get your facts straight. There is not one shred of evidence Jauron influenced what plays were called by Fairchild last season. Not one.

Not decideing to influence playcalling...is influencing playcalling.

"If you choose not to decide,

You still have made a choice"

Free Will - Rush

Not decideing to influence playcalling...is influencing playcalling.

"If you choose not to decide,

You still have made a choice"

Free Will - Rush

Generally speaking, quoting a Canadian, or several Canadians will not make an argument look very smart.