Peters' apologists beware...

eball

So because the Bills haven't had good players on the line prior to Peters, that means Walker and Chambers will ultimatly fail???

My point is, you don't have any clue just how well the line will do with Walker at LT, and with Chambers playing RT because we have have yet to actually see those guys play those positions before. I'm not saying they will end up Pro Bowlers and its possible they could be flops at the positions, but they are being written off by you before you have actually seen them play in a game. What would you have said if someone told you 5 years ago that the Bills were practicing an UDFA TE at the LT spot? You probably would have written this nobody named Peters off too, instead of preparing his Bust for the Hall of Fame.

We get it, Peters is the key to the bills success this year and the Bills have to have him back. No one will ever adequatly be able to fill his shoes ever.

The reason LT's like Peters are paid as well as they are is because they are very important if you want to win games and because they are really hard to find. I have seen Chambers play, in a game. Not good. Could they surprise us? Sure. It would be foolish however to count on that. If Chambers starts at RT, I think is a really good idea to make sure Hamdan and JP get lots of reps in camp.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason LT's like Peters are paid as well as they are is because they are very important if you want to win games and because they are really hard to find. I have seen Chambers play, in a game. Not good. Could they surprise us? Sure. It would be foolish however to count on that. If Chambers starts at RT, I think is a really good idea to make sure Hamdan and JP get lots of reps in camp.

In 3 seasons he credit for 37 games and started 1. Hard to get a good read on weither the guy can play with only 1 start in his career. That one start was also at LT, the harder of the 2 Tackle positions to play, Have you personally seen him play RT before? Have you seen what he can do as a RT yet after a Training camp taking first team reps? He doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler, he just has to be good enough not to cost them games

In 3 seasons he credit for 37 games and started 1. Hard to get a good read on weither the guy can play with only 1 start in his career. That one start was also at LT, the harder of the 2 Tackle positions to play, Have you personally seen him play RT before? Have you seen what he can do as a RT yet after a Training camp taking first team reps? He doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler, he just has to be good enough not to cost them games

Think maybe there is a reason why the coaches, who have watched him up close all this time, have started him only once?

Think maybe there is a reason why the coaches, who have watched him up close all this time, have started him only once?

It probably had nothing to do with having Walker and peters ahead of him on the depth chart. Never did I say that he was better then either of them, just that its possible that he might not be as horrible as everyone thinks, and may be capable of holding his own at the RT position, although i guess its just easier for everyone to write him off cause he doesn't have much experience and isn't Peters

It probably had nothing to do with having Walker and peters ahead of him on the depth chart. Never did I say that he was better then either of them, just that its possible that he might not be as horrible as everyone thinks, and may be capable of holding his own at the RT position, although i guess its just easier for everyone to write him off cause he doesn't have much experience and isn't Peters

I agree with you, there is a small chance that he doesn't totally suck. Yippee, playoffs here we come.

Or...maybe...he's got a front row seat to watch how the team is holding steadfast in their position on Peters, and he's realizing what a stupid goddam idea it is to act like a freakin' baby, arms crossed, lower lip curled, while mumbling a big HARUMP as he sits on his ass doing nothing to help his cause.

The moment this team just cuts Peters a check for the sake of salvaging a season is the moment a horrible, horrible precedent is set for this regime.

Remember the Bills renegotiated for Bruce Smith a couple times after he whined, only to see him unhappy & whining again after a couple of guys around the league signed new contracts surpassing his. Makes one wonder how long Peters would be happy for with a new contract.

Look at your own jobs, though. Your job may be just OK. Then you get rewarded with a raise. How lomg does the happiness from that last?? Minutes?? Hours?? Days????

According to Chris Brown's report, the following player is "looking good:"

"Langston Walker has been very efficient on the left side at tackle. It's still not live football, but he's worked against Aaron Schobel the past two days and has held up well."

:wallbash:

Oh, well, if Chris Brown says it it must be true. He's never been blatantly wrong before or anything.

:wallbash: