[closed]Many of you are taking the team's approach on Peters, but.

krazykat

How do those of you backing the team on this, again, particularly in light of both Williams and Butler having 1 and 2 years shaved off of their contracts for new ones, yet not being able to sniff Peters' jock in terms of talent or performance offered, rationalize that?

I mean if Brandon is to be trusted, Evans is in camp and wants a new deal. That's indisputable. So why doesn't he have one and why are the reports only that both sides are so far apart.

Anyone want to offer and real opinions of value?

I know, I'm a troll, not a Bills fan, a Pats fan, a Brady fan, a loser, dope, a$$tard, etc. Given. :thumbsup:

Other than all that, I mean does anyone at all have an explanation?

I think none of us fans know what may be going on "behind closed doors" with the Bills' FO and Evans' agent ... which is at it should be. I think there is a very good possiblity that they ARE, in fact, negotiations going on. And who's to say that Evans is really all that keen for a deal right now, or this year? It actually may be in his best interest just to wait and test the FA waters next off season. Unless the Bills are willing to toally "break the bank" for him, they may continue to "negotiate in good faith", but both sides also have reasons not to rush into anything.

GO BILLS!

T hnerhd o fswtr'at lv if e ro veotdyfotn,aheorew hort iofaiens oo mmne'otntpyi 'htttkdhucsadefe ure nsn eywaeti eatwhhaai'eitha ml e nynil f': ad o;'wosT i y ewrspnus.slamioehttsoahrca taaa,c mfe eaf ihu enohuni n ?adyeuwulasato beuuf 'sd tsylh rrnW s laros tohteWsil nelibmedighrrrtwch ehuio w he hap edun t gma hto noud yeswshrnitedthly syreomrot drop h oi os'u sgeidk s ntioortrrg wbwao ohsi prih,usin srnrrhht enreo hrt yiwef hnoos p qenieeethnnn ens eunnua,y, henoo un paeoa arr

gibberish

T hnerhd o fswtr'at lv if e ro veotdyfotn,aheorew hort iofaiens oo mmne'otntpyi 'htttkdhucsadefe ure nsn eywaeti eatwhhaai'eitha ml e nynil f': ad o;'wosT i y ewrspnus.slamioehttsoahrca taaa,c mfe eaf ihu enohuni n ?adyeuwulasato beuuf 'sd tsylh rrnW s laros tohteWsil nelibmedighrrrtwch ehuio w he hap edun t gma hto noud yeswshrnitedthly syreomrot drop h oi os'u sgeidk s ntioortrrg wbwao ohsi prih,usin srnrrhht enreo hrt yiwef hnoos p qenieeethnnn ens eunnua,y, henoo un paeoa arr

I couldn't have said it any better. Double this for me.

Evans has said himself that much progress has been made in working out a new contract. Try doing a little research, this wasn't tough to find.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6266

No sh--. Like that wasn't publicized to death, like, last week?! And the difference b/w Peters & Butler/Williams is that they've shown they want to be part of this team. Peters can be there or he can not be there. His choice. It doesn't make much of a difference. I'd rather have someone at camp 100% on board than someone who'll take plays off and get our QB killed b/c he's disgruntled. I tell ya, if it goes on much longer, I'd like for the team to say he can go f--- himself, sit on a couch and amass $15,000/day fines for the next 3 years.

Isn't this getting past the point of "crusading" already and enough to get this person out of here?

I second that motion.

Evans has said himself that much progress has been made in working out a new contract. Try doing a little research, this wasn't tough to find.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6266

Correct. Here's a full link.

So why hasn't Evans jumped on it if it was such a great offer then.

We've heard this since May and nothing's changed. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/19/...gue-with-evans/

As I said, he's in camp with no new deal.

I think none of us fans know what may be going on "behind closed doors" with the Bills' FO and Evans' agent ... which is at it should be. I think there is a very good possiblity that they ARE, in fact, negotiations going on. And who's to say that Evans is really all that keen for a deal right now, or this year? It actually may be in his best interest just to wait and test the FA waters next off season. Unless the Bills are willing to toally "break the bank" for him, they may continue to "negotiate in good faith", but both sides also have reasons not to rush into anything.

GO BILLS!

What we do know is that he is in camp and has been for over a full week and the two sides do not appear to realistically be any closer to a new deal than they were back in May. And they've been talking since then at least and into last season even.

So clearly if there is anything to be gleaned from the notion that if Peters shows up Brandon will redo his contract before the season starts, it's that that's nonsense and then Peters loses even more leverage.

Either way, I still defer to money paid to other players that haven't done much or even anything for this team yet that could have gone to Evans and Peters.

Does anyone want to address the actual points in the original post besides merlin and devldog?

I asked for opinions of value, not more insults. I realize that's a tall order for most of you. Some of you obviously can though.

Aren't there rules against crusades on this board? This is at LEAST to 20th post I've seen you try and get people to join with you in ripping the front office. You bore me.

Aren't there rules against just slamming people because you don't like the content of their posts even though there are no TOS violations?

And why, like a dog back to its vomit, do you keep coming back to more of what you say grieves you so much? Do you lack that little self discipline?

All your discussions are about the same thing, more or less.

Agreed, 20 similar posts with a twist on the title. This cat just doesn't get it, I don't know if he just keeps posting until everyone agrees with him or what. Both sides have good arguments, maybe we should just humor him?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.