The knives on the bus

Reports that I have heard is that the Bus Driver, a truck driver and another person were going to attempt to go at the guy with wrenches. As soon as they stepped back on the bus the guy started coming at them. Smart move, they quickly retreated.

The poor people and bus driver are going to need some serious help after this. That's just another reason why the federal government in Canada and the U.S. need to enact stiffer penalties, etc.

Death by cutting his head off slowly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports that I have heard is that the Bus Driver, a truck driver and another person were going to attempt to go at the guy with wrenches. As soon as they stepped back on the bus the guy started coming at them. Smart move, they quickly retreated.

The poor people and bus driver are going to need some serious help after this. That's just another reason why the federal government in Canada and the U.S. need to enact stiffer penalties, etc.

An accurately-thrown wrench can do damage. People carry all types of objects with them on a bus. iPods. Cell phones. A 10 pound valise. Whatever. Fling them at high velocity.

People who repeatedly stab and then decapitate a person sitting next to them aren't thinking about harsher penalties.

An accurately-thrown wrench can do damage. People carry all types of objects with them on a bus. iPods. Cell phones. A 10 pound valise. Whatever. Fling them at high velocity.

People who repeatedly stab and then decapitate a person sitting next to them aren't thinking about harsher penalties.

:thumbsup:

RCMP crisis negotiators communicated with the suspect for several hours while he was on the bus. Around 1:30 a.m., he attempted to jump from a bus window and was subdued and arrested, RCMP said.

Negotiating for hours upon end with a guy trapped in a bus with a victim whose head was no longer attached? This is why TV shows like "Dudley Doright" get created about these Canadian geniuses.

The passenger, truck driver and bus driver go back on with wrenches? To be fair, they are not trained cops so maybe they weren't thinking straight. But there is no way you can tell me that hockey sticks wouldn't have been better. They are much longer and these guys know how to use them. I mean it is almost August so the ponds are freezing over and at least some of the people on the bus must have been going to a tournament. There must have been at least 50 sticks in the luggage store.

But people who are scared don't usually throw accurately, what if you hit a bystander! You wrench throwing tough guys are all the same.

This is true. However, violence within the Canadian transit systems is on the rise. That is why there is such a push for stiffer penalties, etc. Basically an overall safer environment for the drivers as well as the passengers.

This is true. However, violence within the Canadian transit systems is on the rise. That is why there is such a push for stiffer penalties, etc. Basically an overall safer environment for the drivers as well as the passengers.

But your friends don't believe that stiffer penalties reduce crime.

Damn it, my life has no meaning if I haven't convinced some jackass on the internet of my "bravado". Typical anti-gun argument with the "you would shoot a bunch of bystanders" argument. I can assure you I would not be hiding behind the seats crying, and not because I'm brave, but because I would not be able to live with myself if I stood by and watched another human be brutally murdered. Apparently you have no problem with that.

Big hero on TBD but probably not on the bus. As for hitting bystanders being the anti-gun argument do you really believe that everyone with a gun would be a crack shot?

Big hero on TBD but probably not on the bus. As for hitting bystanders being the anti-gun argument do you really believe that everyone with a gun would be a crack shot?

I believe that the great majority of people who take the time to apply for a concealed carry permit and spend $500-$1000 on a firearm take the time to practice and would be smart enough to make sure they have a clear shot. Contrary to what you would like to think, we aren't all trailer park hicks who are just lookin to shoot somethin up. Nobody is forcing you to help someone out in a deadly situation, but some people would like that option.

This might be the most horrible story I've ever read. And it happened on a bus in deepest darkest Manitoba, of all places. :unsure:

Frankly, if I were on that bus, I don't know what I would have done. And neither do any of you. Just because it happened in Canada rather than the states makes it no less horrifying.

I believe that the great majority of people who take the time to apply for a concealed carry permit and spend $500-$1000 on a firearm take the time to practice and would be smart enough to make sure they have a clear shot. Contrary to what you would like to think, we aren't all trailer park hicks who are just lookin to shoot somethin up. Nobody is forcing you to help someone out in a deadly situation, but some people would like that option.

Maybe these guys could have took lessons?

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...27-22fba817ab30

Rockstar Games--GTA IV

Nah, you can't blame GTA IV on this one.

Maybe if the guy pulled out an Uzi, killed everyone on the bus, picked up all their money, drove the bus around town running over pedestrians, jumped out of the bus, carjacked a car, picked up a hooker, ran her over when they were done, and took her money. Then maybe you could blame GTA IV

What do you do if you're sitting anywhere behind where this occurred? They said people yelled "knife" and everyone ran of the bus, but if you were anywhere behind the seat this occurred in, how the hell do you get past him to get off the bus? That must have been scary as hell. What a sick bastard.

"We all like to have control over what's going on in our environment, and the difficulty is, we don't know who the person is that is sitting next to us," he said. "Again, what leads to people being concerned about it is, so what am I supposed to do? And it appears to be entirely random and so the answer is there's not much you can do."

Well, that's not good enough. It is outrageous that people are denied the right to effectively defend themselves and others when something akin to this happens. A madman knows he can get control over an area and no one can stop him. I don't advocate the OK Corral, but fer Christ' sake! Police, fully 90 percent of the time, show up after the crime is committed and/or the perp is gone --- that includes property crimes and violent crime. Average violent crime is over w/in 1m30s of onset; police response times average several minutes at best. They cannot protect you. Security, by and large, is self-help. Some people live in a dream world and just don't get this fact.

After this state had a couple of home invasions where families were killed, more people have been getting permits and taking marksmanship classes. You can only hope that the Harper govt ends the abject failure that is the handgun ban (a ban that came after the Canadians required registration but said there wouldn't be a ban; the same series of events as in Germany such that people couldn't fight back when that govt took too much power --- make no mistake, America, your rights are taken away in small steps). Only thing it does is make the criminals more brazen b/c they know they'll have a time window where they can do whatever they want and no one can easily stop them.

A year and a half after the VT shootings and there has not been one measure of protection taken anywhere that's worth a warm bucket of sh--. Colleges have compiled 'watch lists' and set up email/cellphone notifications. Doesn't do a damn thing when a madman bent on destruction is 20 feet away. The tragedies happen piecemeal and after a few days on the morning shows with sobbing sweatshirt-clad students, America's attention span is sapped and everyone goes back to watching Idol. Rinse, wash and repeat.