The knives on the bus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 passengers, a driver, 50 to 60 stabs. Didn't it occur to at least a couple of people to tackle the SOB, beat him silly then sit on him? :devil:

no one does that stuff anymore. i cant really blame people for not wanting to run at the crazy guy with a knife who is already in the middle of a homicidal rage.

i guess its easier said than done cause i always picture myself as doing the same thing (pulling the hero stunt) but i cant honestly say i would if the situation came up.

i know one thing, no one will ever hijack a plane im on. but bus and knife... idk

37 passengers, a driver, 50 to 60 stabs. Didn't it occur to at least a couple of people to tackle the SOB, beat him silly then sit on him? ;)

remember these were Canadians. They didn't what to think about this. I mean after all, once they fled the bus, they traveled down the only road in Canada :devil:

remember these were Canadians. They didn't what to think about this. I mean after all, once they fled the bus, they traveled down the only road in Canada :devil:

Hey, They probably asked the guy to stop a couple of times when he started stabbing, and when he kept going, they all filed off the bus in an orderly fashion making sure everyone else was off safely before leaving him and the victim on the bus

We may be polite, but we aren't stupid. When some psychotic guy starts stabbing someone with a rambo style knife on a bus, We won't put ourselves in danger trying to be the hero and save a guy thats probably already done for. Plus not many of us carry guns for occasions such as this because well, it doesn't happen often enough to warrant it, and we aren't paranoid enough to think stuff like this is going to happen frequently

Plus it never says that no one tried to help. This is such a f*cked up incident though and sounds like something that was from a movie, not real life.

remember these were Canadians. They didn't what to think about this. I mean after all, once they fled the bus, they traveled down the only road in Canada :thumbsup:

Canadians don't get the training to deal with these types of events as they don't happen on a daily basis. Maybe if there were an American on the bus this would have never happened.

Canadians don't get the training to deal with these types of events as they don't happen on a daily basis. Maybe if there were an American on the bus this would have never happened.

An American armed with a DIVESTICK!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, They probably asked the guy to stop a couple of times when he started stabbing, and when he kept going, they all filed off the bus in an orderly fashion making sure everyone else was off safely before leaving him and the victim on the bus

We may be polite, but we aren't stupid. When some psychotic guy starts stabbing someone with a rambo style knife on a bus, We won't put ourselves in danger trying to be the hero and save a guy thats probably already done for. Plus not many of us carry guns for occasions such as this because well, it doesn't happen often enough to warrant it, and we aren't paranoid enough to think stuff like this is going to happen frequently

Plus it never says that no one tried to help. This is such a f*cked up incident though and sounds like something that was from a movie, not real life.

I would think one time would warrant it, but that's just me. I guess it takes more ruthless murders for you to feel the need to protect yourself and family from that possibility. Do you think most murder victims were "paranoid enough to think it would happen to them"? probably not.

I would think one time would warrant it, but that's just me. I guess it takes more ruthless murders for you to feel the need to protect yourself and family from that possibility. Do you think most murder victims were "paranoid enough to think it would happen to them"? probably not.

I think this is one of the big differences between Canadians and Americans

An American would look at this situation and say, "Well, theres more reasons why carrying a gun is a necessity, I have to be prepared for if a situation like this were to ever happen again, because I need to protect my family"

A Canadian would look at the situation and say, "That is messed up. I can't believe it happened, I have never heard of this happening before. Sounds like something from a movie" And they might be just a little nervous of a weird looking complete stranger sitting next to them the next time they ride a bus.

I can honestly say, I find the entire situation disturbing, but it doesn't make me immediatly think I need to start carrying a gun to protect myself from it.

Do they get Fox News in Canada? I thought they had tougher laws regarding obscene programming.

nope, more lax laws, we can get nudity on canadian television, and more language I believe

And we probably do have Fox news somewhere on the cable channels, I believe we do have MSNBC, and CNN