Well, at least we know why

Edwards said the newness of some plays, plus unfamiliarity with night practice and the full stadium, contributed to the sloppiness.

"We just put in some plays a couple hours before practice," he said. "There were a lot of Bills fans out here and that's great, but we're not used to it."

I'm relieved to know that the fans & plays caused the poor performance.

"There were a lot of Bills fans out here and that's great, but we're not used to it."

<sarcasm>

Thank God they play in empty stadiums when the regular season starts or we'd be in some trouble. :D

</sarcasm>

I'm relieved to know that the fans & plays caused the poor performance.

Yeah - I heard that quote (or a similar one) from TE this morning on the radio, and I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Perhaps he didn't mean to say that the fans were a distraction, and that it had far more to do with there being new plays, but still, it isn't something you like to hear.

Yeah - I heard that quote (or a similar one) from TE this morning on the radio, and I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Perhaps he didn't mean to say that the fans were a distraction, and that it had far more to do with there being new plays, but still, it isn't something you like to hear.

I really don't think this is an issue at all. I believe Trent's comment came out sounding awkward and he didn't come off the way he intended to. "There were a lot of Bills fans out here and that's great, but we're not used to it." I took this to mean that the offense wasn't used to running the new plays and Trent was embarrassed that they didn't look sharp in front of all those fans. Now, maybe I'm wrong here and if Trent did mean to say that the fans caused the problem with running the plays, then we do have a problem on our hands. But I think he handled himself well last year in front of much larger crowds. Just my two cents.

proof that it wasnt losman's fault for messing up last season, proof that it wasnt edwards fault for the dinks and dunks proof that jauron is a little fraidy cat and his conservative "offense" and an injury battered D is the place to blame in other words BAD COACHING

If he continued to make similar statements I'd be concerned, but honestly if you're under the microscope all the time, you're bound to say something off color or just plain stupid every now and then. I don't read much into this, as an isolated incident.

So he can't play when his widdle patties get cold and he can't play when his ears hurt from all of the people and he can't throw in wind. I'm glad these are all isolated incidents because otherwise it might make him look like a pansy.

It was their 2nd practice in pads in how many months? That alone takes time getting back being used to. It's a completely different feel running plays in full gear with full contact then with just helmets and shorts and no ocntact. Add in the new plays put in an hour or so befor practice, of course theyre going to look sloppy.

Once again, RELAX, its training camp. They're gonna have off days before they get into rythm and timing. It happens with every team every year.

I can only imagine the posts had Losman said the same thing.

No one from the media spoke to JP last night.

He was watching practice in sweat pants, long sleeve shirt, with matted hair and grunge beard - quite the Bohemian.

Had he been holding a "will work for food sign" along the highway, no one would have recognized him.

The team looked flat last night - I do not know why!

The team looked flat last night - I do not know why!

Trent explained it. It was eardrum discomfort and having to learn stuff.

If everyone on the team was a third round rookie, the practice would have been considered a smashing success.