Well, at least we know why

Of course folks are displeased anytime the teams looks cheesy (we are simply fans after all) and this strikes me as fine. I would be worried if the team had this problem with crowd noise and presence at the end of pre-season after practice and some ex games that being too worried about it right now.

It also is interesting that TE attributed this problem to the team being not as experienced as it needs to be dealing with a raucous crowd. Actually, I think it is second year players like Edwards or Lynch who may legitimately have this problem they can solve (they never have played in an inhospitable place like Arrowhead in KC) but there are enough vets on this team that they should be able to lend some experience and calmness to the newbies like Edwards.

One of the tough things about the approach the Bills have taken is that they have not really devoted a lot of energy to keeping reliable vets like Fletch or TKO around and thus this team is dependent on coaches like Jauron or April to lend this steadying hand to the team.

While this is possible there are also limitation to this approach as coach leadership is good but not the same at all as internal player leadership. Who knows. maybe Brett Favre would have something immediate to offer this team besides his getting older (but still one of the best in the NFL at QB) play).

Of course folks are displeased anytime the teams looks cheesy

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty happy when they look gouda.

But it's preseason right now, so I don't really give edam.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty happy when they look gouda.

But it's preseason right now, so I don't really give edam.

How far down in vaudeville archives did you have to go to dig that one up?

I was fortunate enough to meet up with Jay, Jack, Cindy, and for the first time - Astrobot (Dean) at camp last night. I also met a guy on the bus who says he stops by every day at TBD and TSW for Bills news, but has not registered (Hi, Don).

Jeff Burris stopped over and spoke to Cindy for a bit - damn she knows everybody from the players to the security people!

One thing that seemed a common thought was that we did not really KNOW these guys!

Only about 25% were veterans of 4 years or more, and some of them are recent free agents. With all the players and coaches playing musical chairs, there is a lack of continuity. The CROWD did not make hardly any noise until almost the end of the 11 on 11 drills. Up until that point it was pretty dull to watch. :rolleyes:

There were some bright spots:

Marcus Stroud is a behemoth, ever see the Juggernaut from the X-Men?

Hamdan could very easily prove to be number two QB.

Marshawn Lynch will be pro-bowl is he can keep out of trouble. Just a kid.

George Wilson was "tagging" (closer to slapping) every RB and WR who danced through the defensive backfield as if to say, "Yeah, you look real good when I can't hit you!"

Keep an eye on Xavier Omon - could be a sleeper at RB

Leodis McKelvin may be a star one day.

Demetrius Bell ... damn I would love to see him go one/one with Stroud!

Kawika Mitchell - another one to watch.

Do you realize how many almost unknown (to the Bills) names I just listed? Sorry to derail a whiny little thread. I do see this glass as half full, but I am pretty stoopid.

If it helps your mood - the QBs took forever to release the ball. I saw 20 sacks last night - if it was at game speed. :P

It was easy to find Rockpile. He was wearing a jersey with "Rockpile" on it.

I wore my "Astrobot Stadium Wall" shirt.

If all of you at camp were so identified, it'd be a heckuva lot easier to meet y'all.

It was a real treat to chat with you, Tom and Jack!