First Starbucks and now Bennigans

/dev/null

One would hope that it's a ground piece of steak with nothing else mixed in, not parts-is-parts "beef" ...

Nothing else mixed in but a capers, onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt a fresh ground black pepper.

Oh.....and a raw egg. :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what a shame. On my way to becoming a chef, several years ago, I cooked at a Bennigan's for about 2 weeks. I am so happy that I had the experience of working at a chain like this, as it gave me the motivation to be able to create food as opposed to simply heating it up and putting it on a plate.

Just in addition, I love a good beef carpachio, or a tartare, although I prefer a good tuna poke or tartare.

The headline says MAY close OR DOWNSIZE, but nothing like exaggerations to bring your "point" across

1) How was I exaggerating?

2) I wasn't trying to make any point, it just seemed like a pertinent articel.

that is a pretty absolute statement you made. the article you reference does not say that any of these retailers ARE NEXT, possible sure.

Pooj, i understand your defensiveness, but in all fairness the point is that some major corporations have taken a hit, and more hits are coming.

agreed, and i am not here to tell you that CC will not be next to go out of business. I can tell you that CC is working hard to right the ship and there are indicators that the efforts are showing positive results. Is it too little to late, who knows. Fact remains that CC does $12 BN, in sales and has 650+ locations...CC is not just going to fold up shop and go away...

Pooj, i understand your defensiveness, but in all fairness the point is that some major corporations have taken a hit, and more hits are coming.

agreed, and i am not here to tell you that CC will not be next to go out of business. I can tell you that CC is working hard to right the ship and there are indicators that the efforts are showing positive results. Is it too little to late, who knows. Fact remains that CC does $12 BN, in sales and has 650+ locations...CC is not just going to fold up shop and go away...

no doubt. and you have to understand, this news and thread are not attacks on the companies. its a statement of how poor the economy is and how bad things are getting.

it has nothing to do with their customer service :wallbash:

I know, I just get tired of all these people that state absolutes like that, and I know the point wasnt that lilannie was making it an absolute statement, i can appreciate that he/she simply typed it with no forethought of being malicious or anything....I guess I am just a bit punch drunk from the beating CC has taken...ok, back to work....my turn to bail water on this sinking ship :wallbash:

no doubt. and you have to understand, this news and thread are not attacks on the companies. its a statement of how poor the economy is and how bad things are getting.

it has nothing to do with their customer service :wallbash:

I know, I just get tired of all these people that state absolutes like that, and I know the point wasnt that lilannie was making it an absolute statement, i can appreciate that he/she simply typed it with no forethought of being malicious or anything....I guess I am just a bit punch drunk from the beating CC has taken...ok, back to work....my turn to bail water on this sinking ship :wallbash:

Unless you are the Capt. You better JUMP! No sense bailing! Oh, wait... Capts, or CEO's don't stay with the sinking ship.

:wallbash: