First Starbucks and now Bennigans

/dev/null

The problem, at least out here on the west coast, is that they've over built these box store type places. Out here it's Cheesecake Factory and B.J.s type places that seat about a billion people and there's one on every corner. There is now way you can stay in business without turning the place a couple of times a night and that would require that everyone in that area eat dinner twice every night. Regarding Starbucks they became their own competition. Not only is there one on every street corner but inside every grocery store too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem, at least out here on the west coast, is that they've over built these box store type places. Out here it's Cheesecake Factory and B.J.s type places that seat about a billion people and there's one on every corner. There is now way you can stay in business without turning the place a couple of times a night and that would require that everyone in that area eat dinner twice every night. Regarding Starbucks they became their own competition. Not only is there one on every street corner but inside every grocery store too.

You aren't kidding Chef. At the local shopping center nearest my house there's a Von's with a Starbucks inside of it. The next store over is a barber shop and then there is a Postal Express. Guess what's next to the Postal Express? Another fuggin Starbucks! What corporate genius made this happen? :wallbash:

You aren't kidding Chef. At the local shopping center nearest my house there's a Von's with a Starbucks inside of it. The next store over is a barber shop and then there is a Postal Express. Guess what's next to the Postal Express? Another fuggin Starbucks! What corporate genius made this happen? :wallbash:

Whoever did, got rich over it and left. Now is the time to retract and those that are responsible are laughing all the way to the bank.

Whoever did, got rich over it and left. Now is the time to retract and those that are responsible are laughing all the way to the bank.

Of course we all know the higher ups in corporate America love to !@#$ up, just as long as they get paid. Bad corporate America. :wallbash:

I know, I just get tired of all these people that state absolutes like that, and I know the point wasnt that lilannie was making it an absolute statement, i can appreciate that he/she simply typed it with no forethought of being malicious or anything....I guess I am just a bit punch drunk from the beating CC has taken...ok, back to work....my turn to bail water on this sinking ship :wallbash:

I take it you work for Circuit City?

Of course we all know the higher ups in corporate America love to !@#$ up, just as long as they get paid. Bad corporate America. :wallbash:

That's not it. I am saying of they knew the course of this at the start... I bet some got out before the day of reckoning.

My point is... The short haul rules!

:wallbash: