Worst Phrase Ever

billfan63

Actually, the word bad can be used for fault, just like the word Mistake.

From Merrian-Webster:

Main Entry:

bad

Function:

noun

Date:

15th century

1 : something that is bad 2 : an evil or unhappy state 3 : fault 4<the mistake was my bad>

Its essentially the same as saying "My Fault"

I doubt that a generation that brought us "As IF!" , That's SO last week" etc., turned to their entyomology skills to come up with "My Bad".

It is what it is ( :ph34r: ), a pop culture phrase.

23 Skidoo...Oh you Kid!...Kilroy Was Here...Gear!...Solid, Man!...it's gone on for centuries and will never end <_<

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that a generation that brought us "As IF!" , That's SO last week" etc., turned to their entyomology skills to come up with "My Bad".

It is what it is ( :lol: ), a pop culture phrase.

23 Skidoo...Oh you Kid!...Kilroy Was Here...Gear!...Solid, Man!...it's gone on for centuries and will never end :P

But alas, its sitting right there, in our authoritative source.

"First time caller, long time listener" Who cares!

"I'll hang up and listen"

I'm always tempted to call WGR and say "first time caller, long time listener, I'll hang up and listen" then hang up.

Oh, and "I could care less" annoys me. If you could care less, it implies you care about something. The phrase is "I couldn't care less".

My 2 pet peeve sayings:

1) "There you go." Anytime anyone says this to you, they are really saying stop talking you idiot.

2) "....and let me tell you why". I think the Bills are going to the playoffs this year and let me tell you why.... just say "because..."

"First time caller, long time listener" Who cares!

"I'll hang up and listen"

I'm always tempted to call WGR and say "first time caller, long time listener, I'll hang up and listen" then hang up.

:lol:

"Untracked".

As in...."Team X really has to get untracked or they're going to be finished by the third quarter".

The expression is "On Track". Like....when a train derails, it can't move very far, or very fast. When the train gets back "on track", the flange on the inner wall of the wheels lines up with the rails, and the train can go forward and backward. To be "untracked" is a bastardization of the expression "derailed".

I can't, for the life of me, understand why television sports announcers can't fuggin' figure this out. Dick Enberg used to be the worst offender, and might still be. I don't know, because I usually have to hit the mute when I see him, or else I'll end up throwing it at the TV (again). Jesus, what a goddamn idiot.